2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

NEW.ERA

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed about that France-Uruguay game. Really, nothing interesting happened (aside from a Forlan chance) until Henry got into the game, then hilarity ensued (at least for me, IDC what y'all think. :P) with the "handball," and France had a chance to win the game on a set play at the end of stoppage time...and the South Africa/Mexico game was decent...would've been better had Mexico or South Africa converted more of the chances that they had. But I can't complain about today, especially considering that there's nowhere to go but up from here.

Drogba watch!

After being seen with his recently broken right arm in a sling earlier in the day, key striker Drogba was spotted moving freely and waving to fans with his injured limb in the evening training session, boosting his chances of featuring in his team's critical Group G clash with Portgual on June 15.

He could seriously not miss any games. Wow.

Yeah the vuvuzelas are starting to bug me. Really bad.

Like I could stand it for the South Africa game, because that's their schtick. But even in that game, when South Africa scored, the noise level never went up. It was just a constant buzz. There was no resounding "YEAH!" really showing they scored. They just kept blowing those things.

FIFA should have stepped up like they were considering and make it only for the South Africa games.

I don't know if I can do a full month of that.

Hell, I'm curious as to how the players feel about that? Always playing with this constant buzz? Does it annoy them, or do they not even notice?

They weren't banned because FIFA heeded the South African federation's call for them "not to Europeanize an African World Cup." So yeah, the vuvuzelas are there to stay.

The players are hit-or-miss. Some like it, some don't care, then some are like Xabi Alonso and called for a ban. I say keep em, if you want an authentic African World Cup, then you've gotta roll with the punches and the Vuvuzelas are one of the punches. :P

I suppose a ban on the vuvuzelas would've been like telling the South Korean fans not to bring thundersticks to the stadium.

If SA was wanting a true African World Cup they wouldnt have evicted the poor people in the ghettos of Cape Town, just sayin...

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Lets not get into the ghetto talk now, we had enough of that for the 2008 Summer Olympics.

France and Uruguay wasn't a good match but for anyone that's been following the game, Mexico and South Africa was exceptional.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

:music: Greece is the word... :music:

...for "losers" in Korean, that is. They're down 2-0 now after an unbelievable miscue near center-pitch, leading to a turnover and ROK goal.

Update: 2-0 is your final. The Pirate Ship has hit the ROKs and is now sinking fast in Group B.

CCSLC signature.png

Well that was fast...about six minutes in, Argentina strikes (or "heads", rather) first.

EDIT: points to Argentina, 1-nil, although it could have been much more. On another note...I've taken in three of these games and a piece of another...but what in the bloody blue hell did adidas put into those balls? Those things are flying all over the place.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Argentina holds on.

Nigeria really got the better of the chances in the second half but I counted 9 clear giveaways by the Super Eagles which was their ultimate downfall, Also Lionel Messi easily had 6 or 7 good chances but failed on all of them.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Argies played a frustrating game to watch. Several clear cut chances and horrible giveaways and the score should've been alot higher than it was. Oh well, 3 pts is 3 pts.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived