2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

NEW.ERA

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 1/4 time summary. Despite the early goal, the USA are giving as good as they are getting so far. The problem with starting Lampard and Gerrard in the center is that England struggle to get possession in the midfield.

Incidentally I am quite liking the nike goalkeeping shirts in this competition.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

England will be, are, very disappointed about how the equaliser was conceded but honestly, I think 1-1 is about fair at the moment. The US have been organised and efficient and England really haven't got a grip of the game yet.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

#1 - USA has got to stop falling behind early in World Cup Games. It's almost become a tradition for the USMNT.

#2 - Clint Dempsey: The man can make a dollar out of 15 cents. Though, that goal is probably more on Robert Green than anyone else. Still, if that isn't a Clint Dempsey goal, then idk what is.

#3 - Yeah, Altidore's healthy. He damn near won the game for us with that run on Carragher late in the game. That was a wonderful run. Great performance by Landon Donovan as well. Idk if it's familiarity with the English squad since his stint at Everton, but he was really up to the task for this game. Good showing by the forwards & midfielders. Hell, good showing by most of everybody.

#4 - Tim Howard's the :censored:in man. Period. Came up HUGE in tight situations, especially when England began to really press for the game winner near the end there. Well deserved MotM for Tim.

#5 - England were really indecisive in some of their attacking ventures. Lampard & Lennon definitely hindered them today. But props to our defense, though. You could tell that they were getting into Rooney's head near the end, before he decided to be like ":censored: this, I'm taking over. :P)

The main goal for the USMNT was to at least get a point from England so that they could make the last 2 games somewhat manageable. Mission 1 complete. Gotta bring this same energy against Algeria and Slovenia. Still shouldn't be taken lightly at all. Still, great result for the Yanks. USA! :flagusa:

Archived