Central Connecticut Blue Devil

walkdesign

Hey, I'm a student there!

As for a logo, I like the fonts and the secondary, but the devil face seems as friendly and cartoony as the one we currently have. I'd like something a little more "demonic". Otherwise, nice work!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

To me the blue devil of duke is iconic, this one reminds me of the depaul blue demons a bit too much.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Have to say I thought DePaul as well seeing this. Matt, I've noticed you're a big fan of Letterhead Fonts and use them for a lot of your stuff. Is that Brewer's Bold I spot there? Honestly, this is a great start, but it's not quite there yet. Have to agree that I'd never picture a devil smiling at me. I might like to see a charging demon coming from a 3/4 profile.

OD_Signature.jpg

Upgrade over what they have now, because what they have now is terrible. Wordmark is good, CC is good. The devil face, as previously said, needs a little work. Make it look more evil, and you have a good package.

I live a few miles away from CCSU, coincidentally.

Have to say I thought DePaul as well seeing this. Matt, I've noticed you're a big fan of Letterhead Fonts and use them for a lot of your stuff. Is that Brewer's Bold I spot there? Honestly, this is a great start, but it's not quite there yet. Have to agree that I'd never picture a devil smiling at me. I might like to see a charging demon coming from a 3/4 profile.

Can you blame him? The stuff there is amazing! I wish I had more work coming in right now cos there is a ton of fonts I'd get from there but money's tight just now and cant really justify dropping $200 - $300 on fonts that sadly I dont think I'll get the opportunity to use on anything other than concepts (not many of my clients are that adventurous/creative) which is just a hobby.

9ersstevesig.png

Overall very nice, but I couldn't help but notice that the end of your "triton spear" thing uses the "C" from the font you used for two of its points. Clever, but it makes the script read "CENTRAL CONNECTICUTC" instead of "CENTRAL CONNECTICUT."

Also agree that the devil needs to look a lot fiercer, as one of the main complaints about their current logo is that it's too friendly to be a demon.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Overall very nice, but I couldn't help but notice that the end of your "triton spear" thing uses the "C" from the font you used for two of its points. Clever, but it makes the script read "CENTRAL CONNECTICUTC" instead of "CENTRAL CONNECTICUT."

Also agree that the devil needs to look a lot fiercer, as one of the main complaints about their current logo is that it's too friendly to be a demon.

If anything, that makes it say "CONNECTICUTE." However, with it being a different color and size, I don't read it that way at all. It says Central Connecticut with the business end of a pitchfork poking out of the right side.

I think the devil needs to be simplified in general. The expression he's wearing really doesn't bother me much. But there seems to be an overabundance of highlights and lines and so on.

Wow... I didn't see Depaul at all. I thought that was sharper and more demon-y. I wanted mine to seem more like a man. I do think the comment about the lines makes sense. I do worry about it shrinking down. I Did use the C for the Trident. I thought that make it feel connected, that's actually why I chose that font. It's Brewer Bold. I usually chose a font and then design around that (I know that is not the classic way).

Archived