New Big 10 concept

raysox

Seeing as that there will be 12 teams in this new conference, it really can't be the Big 10 anymore. There is 11 teams now, which was kinda goofy, but acceptable. but right now I'm thinking there should be a new name. I found a list of conferences and tried to find an unused name. The Great Lakes Conference was taken, so was the Big North. So I tried to combine the two. The Great North 12 Conference, as suggested by TC is the name I went with. The logo I made has some symbolism. The North Star is on the top, with a water effect on the bottom for the Great Lakes.

GN12.png

teams.png

I like it; except I'd personally remove the number twelve to allow for the possibility of expansion in the future.

Try simply making it the 'Great North Conference' or 'Great Northern Conference".

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I like it; except I'd personally remove the number twelve to allow for the possibility of expansion in the future.

Try simply making it the 'Great North Conference' or 'Great Northern Conference".

I agree with this. Its a nice logo, but Great North 12 Conference just doesn't have the same flow as Great North Conference or Great Northern Conference.

Seeing as that there will be 12 teams in this new conference, it really can't be the Big 10 anymore. There is 11 teams now, which was kinda goofy, but acceptable. but right now I'm thinking there should be a new name. I found a list of conferences and tried to find an unused name. The Great Lakes Conference was taken, so was the Big North. So I tried to combine the two. The Great North 12 Conference, as suggested by TC is the name I went with. The logo I made has some symbolism. The North Star is on the top, with a water effect on the bottom for the Great Lakes.

GN12.png

teams.png

Its University of Illinois, not Illinois University.

Wouldn't any idea best be served going forward without the burden of an associated number?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Wouldn't any idea best be served going forward without the burden of an associated number?

The Big Ten has played for years with 11 teams, I don't think adding a 12th team will make a big difference. It does seem a little ridiculous that the Big 12 will have ten teams, and the Big 10 will have 12 teams...Trading names would make sense, but would just be confusing. I think a non-numerical name would make sense.

Your concept was very well done, Raysox, btw, I neglected to offer any real c/c of it in my earlier post. I enjoy the simplicity of it and the unique flair associated with each team.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Yeah... I don't like the name. It doesn't have a flow. It just seems like its very discrete, not so much continuous.

I also don't think the Big 10 would want to have 12 in their name like the Big XII. Nor do I think they Big XII want to be confused with the Big North 12.

As for the logo portion... I dig it. The star, the lakes... its great. The only thing I would change, at risk of be coming TOO cluttered is this: Where the state is, change it to the primary logo of the schools. Where the star is, put the state behind the star.

Like i said, it might be a little too cluttered, but I think it could look cool.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Why not just the Great North Conference? In my mind, it flows better and since changes will eventually come again; you wont have to change the name again.

yeah, they need to just drop the number... maybe go with two divisions called Lakes, and Plains? btw does anyone know if they're thinking about East-West divisions, or would they start by placing Nebraska and Penn St. in one division and Michigan and Ohio St. in the other?

Archived