MLB Alterations

Chapeeko

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#2 San Francisco Giants-

Like the D-backs I think the Giants' sets are nearly perfect. I liked the idea of adding the gold and making it more prominent, so I did that. Also I used their previous San Francisco script, and old Giants script. I scrapped the SF monogram, and used the G from the wordmark. I also added piping because I felt the uniforms looked to plain without it. Expect another NL West team next.

Home

giantshomejersey.png?t=1278353190

Away

giantsawayjersey.png?t=1278353209

Alternate

giantsaltjersey.png?t=1278353230

Home BP

giantshomebp.png?t=1278353256

Away BP

giantsawaybp.png?t=1278353276

Like unis but not Giants script. (Giants were bad indeed when they had that script.) The 83-93 GiantS logo was better.

Packers-2.png

#2 San Francisco Giants-

Like the D-backs I think the Giants' sets are nearly perfect. I liked the idea of adding the gold and making it more prominent, so I did that. Also I used their previous San Francisco script, and old Giants script. I scrapped the SF monogram, and used the G from the wordmark. I also added piping because I felt the uniforms looked to plain without it. Expect another NL West team next.

Home

giantshomejersey.png?t=1278353190

Away

giantsawayjersey.png?t=1278353209

Alternate

giantsaltjersey.png?t=1278353230

Home BP

giantshomebp.png?t=1278353256

Away BP

giantsawaybp.png?t=1278353276

Like unis but not Giants script. (Giants were bad indeed when they had that script.) The 83-93 GiantS logo was better.

have the Giants ever been good?

Thanks for all the comments on the Giants I"m not so sure I will come up with an update today.

#3 Texas Rangers-

Sorry I lied no NL West team up next. For the Rangers I molded all the eras into one. I used their previous wordmark, which is featured in both home and road jerseys (don't kill me) because I thought it look awesome. For the primary logo I just used the R in the wordmark. I also used numerous outlines like the current wordmarks. Went back to former red and blue both of them lighter than the current.

Home

rangershomejersey.png

Road

rangersawayjersey.png

Alternate

rangersaltjersey.png

Home BP

rangershomebp.png

Road BP

rangersawaybp.png

This is well done, I agree about the R. I would have guessed it would look good, but for some reason something is off about it, and I'm not really sure what. I really like the use of the old colors and script, but with the more modern feel. The one thing that I don't like, is the two striped pants and jerseys. Either go with the braid striping, or just plain piping. Other than that, this concept is great.

RockiesSig.png

Okay, so the one thing I would change on the Giants set is the piping on the home pants. The piping on the jersey is black, so it would make sense for the piping on the pants to be black too, it looks very goofy otherwise. The Rangers set looks great! I would just use a white R on the hat however, the blue R on the blue background would easily get lost.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

I think the Texas set needs a "T" (or a Texas map logo or something) somewhere. It's got "Rangers" script, "R" cap and "R" patch and nothing that says "Texas" anywhere.

If you want to stick with the "R" cap I think you should at least change the "R" shoulder patch as it seems redundant/overkill seeing as that same "R" is already on the cap and the front of the jersey. A "T" logo, Map logo or one of the Star logos would work better there.

BTW the Giants black top looks great.

Great update on the rangers! The switch to the T hat helps tie it into a different era. The R hat looked a bit awkward; this is a good update.

The only thing I could suggest is: for the red alternate, the T hat logo and script/numbers should have the same colors. I think white with blue outline would look best, but it is best to keep them the same.

RockiesSig.png

Archived