C-Jay & C-Fish's NHL Redesign

CJworks

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

seems to be getting a little uncreative or unoriginal for lack of better words. the last few designs are almost unchanged if not made worse, and the jersey designs are getting a little boring. Take your time, go quality over quantity. The first few were well executed and mostly 100% original.

I think the 3rd bigfoot logo needs a little work. Right now he looks like half grinch, half troll. It's close. Also maybe, make him white or gray in color. Normally Im all for having animals that are not there real color, like green dogs, or blue cats in logos, but for bigfoot, I dont think dark red works.

I have always loved the Avs primary so I think keeping it as the primary works here, because in my mind, it doesnt get much better.

Well its definitly an improvement over what their currently wearing but what wouldn't be? I actually like the subtle striping pattern but one thing really throwing me off is the Bergundy puck. I can appreciate trying to eliminate black from their identity but it just looks weird. On the Home it looks like an accident. Like when you use the fill tool and it bleeds into something its not supposed to. Make the puck black and this improves exponentially. Aside from that I like it.

avsprimary-1.png

avshome-1.png

The A, being the same color as the jersey, still gets washed out here. Works on the white, but here your logo is pretty much the "wave" and the oval behind it.

I agree with the user that there's no need for a maroon puck.

Also I find the silver/gray collarbone streak unnecessary on both the home and away jerseys. You could take them completely off and not lose anything to your design.

Other than that, I like the take on the jersey but would rather see you use the shade of blue they've established as opposed to one that can compete with the darker shades for Edmonton.

Logo needs a stroke.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Anahiem: Very interesting concept. Interesting logo. I can't really tell what the shoulder patch is though. I do like the colors you used and the font. Very interesting allternative sweater.

Atlanta: I really like this concept. It would suit the Thrashers well. The stripes are cool. I don't like baby blue sweaters, they don't look good imo. Maybe a darker color, but not as dark as the primary blue.

Boston: Bostons current home/away are awesome. You don't need to fix something thats already great. I think the concept would be better if you used the shoulder detail they use now. I do like how you attempted a gold alternative sweater. You used an awesome font though.

Buffalo: Very cool, they have a similar style to the current sweaters now. Great choice of font.

Carolina: Wow, all I can see is this is pretty damn good! My favorite thus far. The concept is great, I love the what should I call it, the triangle stripe. This would be awesome to see as an alternative sweater. But in red, since its their color. But don't get me wrong, the blue is pretty cool.

Calgary: Very simple, but overall it looks good. I'm impressed with the "F" flame.

Chicago: I'm going to be the most critical on this one, since I'm a Blackhawks fan. My favorite thing about this is the logo you designed. It sound be a cool as a secondary logo, or a patch for something. Since I love the current Blackhawks red sweater the most, I'm going to have to admit, if you keep the same colors for the bottom stripe, this would look a lot better. Very interesting attempt at a alternative sweater. Wait, wow that alternative logo is awesome too. Its a C and the its a Blackhawk.. I love it, so creative.

Colorado: I like the way you used the stripes. The home would look better if there were less red though. More white and blue would make this concept even better.

So far your doing a great job.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Not to be that guy that talks about stuff from along time ago, but the Carolina Hurricanes design would be simply fantastic, but i feel like the primary logo is a bit too busy, and subtracts from it. But im simply in love with their home jersey, and the color scheme is wonderful.

McCFred.png

Archived