C-Jay & C-Fish's NHL Redesign

CJworks

Hey guys,

So this is just a little side project chickenfish13 and I are doing, as we will be taking on an NHL Redesign one team at a time, one team every Monday. We have collaborated before, specifically for JayJackson's fantasy baseball team, the Savannah Stingers. We will be switching off every other team as we rebrand the NHL. I, myself will still be working on my other concepts, but there is still some personal requests that I'm working on right now, I'll try and get these done as soon as possible. I plan on introducing a new team to My Baseball league as well as an update for My Football League.

This is one of my first hockey concepts; I'm not a huge hockey fan, so I'll be using whatever knowledge I have to pump out a decent rebrand on my part.

Anaheim Ducks // Atlanta Thrashers // Boston Bruins // Buffalo Sabres // Carolina Hurricanes // Calgary Flames // Chicago Blackhawks // Colorado Avalanche // Columbus Blue Jackets // Dallas Stars // Detroit Red Wings // Edmonton Oilers // Florida Panthers // Los Angeles Kings // Minnesota Wild // Montreal Canadiens // Nashville Predators // New Jersey Devils // New York Islanders // New York Rangers // Ottawa Senators // Philadelphia Flyers // Phoenix Coyotes // Pittsburgh Penguins // San Jose Sharks // St.Louis Blues // Tampa Bay Lightning // Toronto Maple Leafs // Vancouver Canucks // Washington Capitals

So, without further ado, I introduce to you the Anaheim Ducks.

#1 Anaheim Ducks

Up Next: #2 Atlanta Thrashers

ducks.png

I don't have much background knowledge about this team, but I do know that this franchise seems to have an inconsistant logo history, courtesy of the Sportslogos site. They at first had a hockey mask duck, which at first was a cool idea, and now they have a wordmark for a primary logo. This time around, I went with a midnight navy-teal-red orange-pewter color pallete, which is unique in itself. I set out to make the duck more prominant in this set, and with some hidden meanings as well. The primary is a soaring, stylized mallard duck in teal and midnight navy. The meaning behind the flying duck is not only because it seems more aggresive, but also because hockey players generall glide or 'fly' across the ice, so I attempted to tie the primary more into it's sport. The secondary crest is a duck flipper in orange in a midnight navy circle reading Anaheim Ducks. In the Ducks current set, The D logo (which had a duck foot in the letter) was probably their strongest, so I ressurected the logo in a way by bringing the duck flipper into this set. The third logo is a flock of ducks on a teal shield with crossing hockey sticks. The five ducks represent the five players on the ice for one team, again 'flying' around the ice, with the biggest one being the captain.

The uniforms are fairly simple, I'm not too familiar with hockey uniforms.

Home

duckhome-1.png

Road

duckroad.png

Third

duckalternate-1.png

So what do you think? Chickenfish's Atlanta Thrashers is next, stay tuned.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YESSS! My two favorite designers on the boards getting together and doing a collaboration! I think this looks great, the colors are exceptional, but I think you have mistaken something. The flock of ducks logo is just a duck head I think unless I'm seeing things.

YESSS! My two favorite designers on the boards getting together and doing a collaboration! I think this looks great, the colors are exceptional, but I think you have mistaken something. The flock of ducks logo is just a duck head I think unless I'm seeing things.

Oops, uploaded the wrong logo. Lemme fix that.

EDIT: Fixed.

I agree that the Ducks need a logo on their sweaters instead of the wordmark, and you have done a wonderful job on these. I love the look of the alternate logo with the webbed foot. The alternate sweater remoinds me of a soccer jersey with the slash but it works. I would like to see a bigger version of the 5 duck shield logo. Great Job.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

I like the unique colour set. I don't think I like the duck foot in the circle logo. The circle logo and the shoulder shield seems to vintage for a team that's not old enough to be vintage, IMO. Everything looks really good though. Well presented.

TREMENDOUS!

Great logo and color scheme. I think I particularly like the white uniforms because of the lack of black. I think the colors look great without the black. I think a green (or whatever that color is) home jersey may look good.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Hey guys,

So this is just a little side project chickenfish13 and I are doing, as we will be taking on an NHL Redesign one team at a time, one team every Monday. We have collaborated before, specifically for JayJackson's fantasy baseball team, the Savannah Stingers. We will be switching off every other team as we rebrand the NHL. I, myself will still be working on my other concepts, but there is still some personal requests that I'm working on right now, I'll try and get these done as soon as possible. I plan on introducing a new team to My Baseball league as well as an update for My Football League.

This is one of my first hockey concepts; I'm not a huge hockey fan, so I'll be using whatever knowledge I have to pump out a decent rebrand on my part.

Anaheim Ducks // Atlanta Thrashers // Boston Bruins // Buffalo Sabres // Carolina Hurricanes // Calgary Flames // Chicago Blackhawks // Colorado Avalanche // Columbus Blue Jackets // Dallas Stars // Detroit Red Wings // Edmonton Oilers // Florida Panthers Los Angeles Kings // Minnesota Wild // Montreal Canadiens // Nashville Predators // New Jersey Devils // New York Islanders // New York Rangers // Ottawa Senators // Philadelphia Flyers // Phoenix Coyotes // Pittsburgh Penguins // San Jose Sharks // St.Louis Blues // Tampa Bay Lightning // Toronto Maple Leafs // Vancouver Canucks // Washington Capitals

So, without further ado, I introduce to you the Anaheim Ducks.

#1 Anaheim Ducks

Up Next: #2 Atlanta Thrashers

ducks.png

I don't have much background knowledge about this team, but I do know that this franchise seems to have an inconsistant logo history, courtesy of the Sportslogos site. They at first had a hockey mask duck, which at first was a cool idea, and now they have a wordmark for a primary logo. This time around, I went with a midnight navy-teal-red orange-pewter color pallete, which is unique in itself. I set out to make the duck more prominant in this set, and with some hidden meanings as well. The primary is a soaring, stylized mallard duck in teal and midnight navy. The meaning behind the flying duck is not only because it seems more aggresive, but also because hockey players generall glide or 'fly' across the ice, so I attempted to tie the primary more into it's sport. The secondary crest is a duck flipper in orange in a midnight navy circle reading Anaheim Ducks. In the Ducks current set, The D logo (which had a duck foot in the letter) was probably their strongest, so I ressurected the logo in a way by bringing the duck flipper into this set. The thid logo is a flock of ducks on a teal shield with crossing hockey sticks. The five ducks represent the five players on the ice for one team, again 'flying' around the ice, with the biggest one being the captain.

The uniforms are fairly simple, I'm not too familiar with hockey uniforms.

Home

duckhome-1.png

Road

duckroad.png

Third

duckalternate-1.png

So what do you think? Chickenfish's Atlanta Thrashers is next, stay tuned.

Colour combo and logos look great. This is exactly what the Ducks should have done when the rebranded in 07. The striping could stand to be stronger though. The shoulder striping looks fine enough but having one thin orange pipe at the hemline brings the concept down a bit. Maybe add a thicker green stripe beneath it.

i think the white jersey needs a bit more contrast. switching the light green on the white jersey to the dark green, and maybe leaving the hemline stripe there would make this concept perfect. great quality stuff, i hope this series carries out to every team, keep it up!

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

The only thing that bugs me is the number font. It needs some more separation in the 5 so the strokes don't run together. Other than that, this is beautiful.

VmWIn6B.png

This is great, another great series I'm looking forward to. The one thing that's bothering me is the perspective of the full body duck. I feel like less of his left wing and more of his right wing should be showing. The head is a side profile while the wings look like they would if you were right above the duck, it just looks really off.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Very nice work. I especialy like that third with the duck foot.

The colors are perfect as they give you a "duck" feel. The numbers look great as well. The only thing I would change it the font used for the names on the back of the jersey. It's just a little difficult to read and I'm sure you could find something that would compliment the numbers rather well.

I've seen that template before, but I don't know where to find it. Do you remember where you got it?

flyerssignature2.png

tampasignature2.png

msusignature2.png

I love this, like Pwood said, it gives you a very "duck" feel. I find it odd that only logos have that beige outline colour, I would at least outline the numbers as well with beige. I love the number style, really fits the concept. Good work, two great users unite.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

Very nice work. I especialy like that third with the duck foot.

The colors are perfect as they give you a "duck" feel. The numbers look great as well. The only thing I would change it the font used for the names on the back of the jersey. It's just a little difficult to read and I'm sure you could find something that would compliment the numbers rather well.

I've seen that template before, but I don't know where to find it. Do you remember where you got it?

Right here.

Archived