C-Jay & C-Fish's NHL Redesign

CJworks

I like the Carolina primaries overall. It's definitely a "different" logo, particularly for hockey, and maybe a bit "overly descriptive", but I like it.

I am a fan of blue/blue, so I love how the blues contrast on the dark uniform. On the white one, however, I'd work more light blue, perhaps as an outline to the dark blue shoulder stripes.

As for the argyle, I'll agree with the majority. I don't think it's "wrong" for hockey or "Hurricanes", but I assume it's a not to UNC. While UNC is the state's flagship school, it's a huge college hoops state with many fans of in-state rivals, and I think that it could alienate some of those people, which is probably not wise for hockey in North Carolina.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So this is just a little side project chickenfish13 and I are doing, as we will be taking on an NHL Redesign one team at a time, one team every Monday.

Starting to fail here guys.

It's actually really difficult to keep up with these concepts, especially when you've got other things todo believe it or not.

Oh, I'm fully aware. But you two were the one who said Mondays, not me. I just want to see more concepts or just let this die like other series that go nowhere.

• 2 months later...

were trying to get it back up and running, waiting for a Hurricanes update, but CJ's been pretty busy. Hopefully fairly soon though, and then I should have the flames up not too shortly after that.

Thanks for the interest in this.

Oh good that makes me happy :grin: glad to hear you guys are still working on this. Take your time guys its well worth the wait.

Nobody cares that you're trying to get things back up and running. Either put stuff up or just admit it's over.

Well, at least 2 people seem to care.

Well I know that neither of you two don't care since you haven't put up anything since August 2nd, and the other guy has moved back to his own project. So, your 2 people isn't exactly impressing me at all. Just do what you do best, let this one die since you're destined to never complete an actual project like you keep claiming.

Oh yeah, still waiting for the rest of that CHL redesign.

*thumbs up*

Nobody cares that you're trying to get things back up and running. Either put stuff up or just admit it's over.

Well, at least 2 people seem to care.

Well I know that neither of you two don't care since you haven't put up anything since August 2nd, and the other guy has moved back to his own project. So, your 2 people isn't exactly impressing me at all. Just do what you do best, let this one die since you're destined to never complete an actual project like you keep claiming.

Oh yeah, still waiting for the rest of that CHL redesign.

*thumbs up*

A little harsh in this thread aren't we?

So, I've been at this one for while, but I finally worked up an update that I felt was worth presenting.

Here's the quick wrap-up of the updates:

-Changed the trees in the logo to represent a common tree (rather than a tropical one)

-Dropped the argyle, but used a hurricane flag pattern that the 'Canes are known for

-Added red to the scheme, tried to make it more prominent

-Changed the secondary to make it more like the current

-New wordmark and number font, completely custom

-Tweaked the circular pattern to make it more like a hurricane.

Home / Away / Third / Primary Logo / Secondary Logo / Shoulder Patch / Logo with Wordmark

So, I've been at this one for while, but I finally worked up an update that I felt was worth presenting.

Here's the quick wrap-up of the updates:

-Changed the trees in the logo to represent a common tree (rather than a tropical one)

-Dropped the argyle, but used a hurricane flag pattern that the 'Canes are known for

-Added red to the scheme, tried to make it more prominent

-Changed the secondary to make it more like the current

-New wordmark and number font, completely custom

-Tweaked the circular pattern to make it more like a hurricane.

Home / Away / Third / Primary Logo / Secondary Logo / Shoulder Patch / Logo with Wordmark

Very impressed with that update.

Glad to finally see this back, and I hope it continues.

The Canes update is very good. Improvements all around. I really like how you incorporated the styles, having matching elements in the logos, type, and uniforms. It makes for a very cohesive design. The touches of red and updated logos are especially nice.

The only lingering issues I see are the overuse of color in the logos (it would be great if green could be eliminated), and the complexity of the uniform numbers (double outlines, two-tones, and highlighted inlines). But those are both minor issues. Good job.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Very impressed with the updates.

Love the loss of the argyle.

Eliminate the wordmark from the collar, and I think you can put this one to bed.

Great job.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Dgbmrwrw: I tried to cut down on the amount of color, but I was stuck when it came to the leaves on the tree. I wanted to drop the green and dark tan colors in the tree and slim it down to four colors, but I can't find a better color to replace it with. I used muted colors in the scene inside the circle for a reason: to portray the gloominess of a hurricane, and I felt like I couldn't replace the tan color with red or blue, it's make it mre vibrant. And blue leaves wouldn't make much sense.

That's my logic on that. Would love to hear more comments.

Carolina is virtually perfect in every way... the only thing I would like to see is the numbers on the away jersey changed.

I think the white and light blue would be a little hard to read, maybe try dark blue and light blue outlined in red.

# 6 Calgary Flames

up next: chicago blackhawks

calgaryflamesprimary.png

Well, this one is pretty boring, its just kind of a classic update to what they have now. I wanted to do something groundbreaking, but it's my home town team and I couldn't come up with anything i liked. So, I dropped black from their color scheme, and went with the classic red, yellow and white. The logo is their current, just with different colors. The secondary logo is the same idea as the primary, but a

F with flames on it.. Pretty basic idea, but I thought it fit. I had a horse logo, but It didn't develop into anything I thought was worth posting.

The jerseys have kind of a modern idea to them, im not too sure if I like them to be honest, but I wanted to see what you guys think. The alternate is just simple striping, a nod to their old retro jerseys, which I love. Hopefully you guys like this, like I said nothing too exciting, but hopefully it gets the job done. Thanks for viewing! Oh, also, I realize their are no 3d templates, and, call it what you will, but I honestly just didn't feel like doing them. I couldn't get the angle on the striping right, and it was starting to bug me, so I just left them out. I may try and get to them sometime, but for now its just the flat template. Sorry guys.

calharyflameshome-1.png

calgaryflamesaway-1.png

calgaryflamesalternate-1.png

I like it. It's simple, clean, and sticks to the formula. The only thing I'm not feeling is the white numbers on the road jersey. I understand there's a thick enough stroke around them that they're visible, but I still think it would present an issue out on the ice.

The only other thing I'll mention is that for some reason, the way the colors sit on the road jersey makes me really crave fried chicken. I don't know why... the "F" and "C" in flames probably aren't helping that. That's not a criticism... it's my stomach telling me to get off this forum for a while. Great job!

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

I really like these, except for 2 things. First, I would make the numbers red on each uni to match the logo, for consistency. Second, I would make both strokes thinner on the F logo to match the C logo...right now they're a lot thicker on the F. Otherwise, I really like the design, and I'm glad to see this thread back!

Archived