Media Guides, Fan Packs, and Etc.

NJMojorising

Has anybody ever written a letter, email, or made a phone call to teams if they have any extra media guides, fan packs, and etc? So far I have only been successful with the Pirates, Marlins, and Blue Jays who sent me 2009 Media Guides. If anybody can give me a list of organizations that will send me media guides, fan packs, and etc. for free (namely where to email them or call them or snail mail them)? If you can help me out it would be greatly appericated. The team can be on any level from the 4 Major Sports Leagues to the Minor/College Level.

Has anybody ever written a letter, email, or made a phone call to teams if they have any extra media guides, fan packs, and etc? So far I have only been successful with the Pirates, Marlins, and Blue Jays who sent me 2009 Media Guides. If anybody can give me a list of organizations that will send me media guides, fan packs, and etc. for free (namely where to email them or call them or snail mail them)? If you can help me out it would be greatly appericated. The team can be on any level from the 4 Major Sports Leagues to the Minor/College Level.

I have every NY Mets media guide dating back to 1986, but wouldn't know how to get them for free...but if you want their address as listed its:

New York Mets

Citi Field

Flushing, NY 11368

There is no street address, but Shea Stadium was always listed as 123-23 Roosevelt Avenue. I couldn't tell you if that still applies.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Colleges (and conferences) are trying to phase them out in print, sighting the high cost of production. The SEC, SoCon, Michigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin and five other D-I schools are in PDF only. In addition, the Pac-10 attempted to have the NCAA adopt Proposal 2009-41 which would have eliminated all printed guides.

It was not passed by the membership, but Proposal 2009-42 did pass which prohibits institutions from providing printed media guides to prospective student-athlete. It became in effect this year. A sport can only have one publication and cannot be used for recruiting purposes.

Changes can be read about here

I suggest going on eBay and biting the bullet in terms of cost.

I have every NY Mets media guide dating back to 1986, but wouldn't know how to get them for free...but if you want their address as listed its:

New York Mets

Citi Field

Flushing, NY 11368

There is no street address, but Shea Stadium was always listed as 123-23 Roosevelt Avenue. I couldn't tell you if that still applies.

Ive only recently started looking for media guides, but I have a Yearbook from every year for the Mets since 1962.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The CD/DVD media guide thing is more and more popular. The Ducks used to give season ticket holders the book media guide every season, but last year they gave us the CD and from what I've heard most of the media is getting the CD as well with the book available on request.

The CD was kind of cool in that they attached video files to certain events in the media guide for the team and players.

You may be able to contact the Anaheim Ducks for it. Their mailing address is Anaheim Ducks, Honda Center, 2695 E Katella Ave, Anaheim, CA 92806.

You could also ask the Ducks blogger and the Ducks' Director of Publications & New Media Adam Brady (abrady@anaheimducks.com), he answers any question sent his way and will direct you in the right way to help with your search.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

When I was doing a radio sports talk show we just wrote, faxed, or called the teams and they sent them to us. My guess is it would be a big help if you are actually a working media person.

I have a ton of them from the mid 90's. They aren't terribly interesting.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived