Random Baseball Concepts

crkraider22

Its been a while since I have posted any "concepts" here, I'm more of a graphics person and one that likes to give back to others. With that said, I would like to thank jayjackson3 for sharing his template. Most of these are nothing ground-breaking, but I figured I would still share since I have had them sitting around for a while now. I have most of the AL done, and hopefully posting these will get me back to doing more of them.

First off we have the Baltimore Orioles. I felt the the cartoon bird was the strongest logo they have had in their identity, so that returns. I went with a classic three stripe pattern of black-white-orange on the jerseys with no sleeve patches. I went back and forth about a black alterate, but I thought that the orange fit the classic feel better.

Presentation.png

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

I think these look really good and I appreciate you using the template. The orange alternate just looks great. I would move the number to be even with the logo on the chest. But that is just the way I personally like it. It still looks good the way you have it.

I loooooove that alternate.

Thanks, I tried to stay away from using a lot of black for primary alternates because i thought of doing home/away alternates or even ditching grey roads and doing more of a hockey jersey system.

I loooooove that alternate.

Seconded.

Those hats look amazing as well. I think you should probably change to the regular MLB block font for the numbers, and probably bring back their current shoulder patch, which I love, to this concept.

I was undecided on the flag alternate patch, I like it as well, but with the classic look, I tried to keep the colors streamlined for the most part and I thought the red and yellow would throw off the balance I had with these, especially the alternate.

10/10!!

10/10=1 Thanks for checking this one out, I'll be working on Atlanta shortly.

not to nitpick - but did you take the dots of the "i"s on purpose? just wondering why or was it a mistake.

great job though, and the template is really cool. what do you envision for the pants and socks?

Originally I was going to do more "out of the box" designs and had the idea to use the top button to dot the i, but it wouldn't work with the Baltimore script and it slipped my mind about putting them back on. As for the pants and socks, it would be your regular piping down the side and since most players wear their pants down I wasn't too concerned about doing a full-body concept.

I think these look really good and I appreciate you using the template. The orange alternate just looks great. I would move the number to be even with the logo on the chest. But that is just the way I personally like it. It still looks good the way you have it.

With the alternate I tried the number placement in all three open corners of the jersey and found that the balance of the logo in the upper right and number at the bottom left fit the look that I was going for. Thanks again for the template, I hope you don't mind that I changed a few things to it and didn't use the full body.

I like that you went with the vintage cap logo.

The cap logo and away script were the two main focuses of the concept. Both have a classic feel from them and I tried to build off of that.

they look very good

Thanks.

Love it. Shame that they don't use that bird logo more often.

I agree, even as a faux-back or true throwback every so often.

Holy balls, this is great! No complaints at all, the template looks great too!

The players are from jayjackson3's template, all I did was the tabs and background imaging.

Its nice to see all the comments so far, so I'll waste no time in posting the next team. With the Red Sox, I wanted to emphasize RED. The only time that blue makes an appearance is with the alternate where the brim of the cap and the undershirt are that color. There is single jersey piping on the home and away and white piping outlined in blue on the alternate, the same as the wordmark on the front.

Presentation-1.png

These are looking awesome! Although I'm about 96% sure that player is on 'roids. Just saying. ;)

Can't wait to see the Cubbies!

Haven't gotten to the Cubs yet, but here are the White Sox! This has a little more of a modern feel to it, combined with the classic pinstripes. I kept the iconic "Sox" logo, but decided against the current scripts.

Presentation-2.png

You know, I really like what you're going for with that Red Sox look. The simplicity and emphasis on red are smart. I think if you added a thin blue outline to the BOSTON and RED SOX (like you have on the alternate and the caps), then it would be just about perfect.

I think the White Sox concept is close, but that typeface is just too generic. I do kinda like the road pinstripes and the cap logo on the sleeves. Maybe if you went with a blackletter-ish script (to match the cap logo), that would bring everything together.

I would also say that while that template is nice 'n pretty, it helps to see the pants and the backs of the jerseys.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

wow!! those red sox ones look great! the white sox looks very good to. nice job.

bjays.jpg

859b2e1d-225e-4e60-9651-2aebe5e67109_zps4fd9e69d.jpg

Active Teams

Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1-2, T-1st, East Div.)

Toronto Blue Jays (45-49, 5th in AL East Div. 8.5 GB of wildcard spot)

These are looking awesome! Although I'm about 96% sure that player is on 'roids. Just saying. ;)

Can't wait to see the Cubbies!

The first thing I thought was "so much for being in the post 'roids era." But I love this template, it's fun.

I also eagerly await the cubs.

• 1 month later...

Archived