2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

UConn Huskies?

BCS?

NO!!!!

Fixed. The fact that any Big East team is getting an automatic bid to a BCS bowl game while far-superior teams like Boise State, Ohio State, and Stanford are fighting for a spot is a travesty.

Killjoy. tongue.gif

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UConn Huskies?

BCS?

NO!!!!

Fixed. The fact that any Big East team is getting an automatic bid to a BCS bowl game while far-superior teams like Boise State, Ohio State, and Stanford are fighting for a spot is a travesty.

Don't give us a third-rate team in that list. No way Boise State's getting a spot. For that matter, Stanford's not going to be fighting for a spot, they have a spot, by being 4th (and 3rd not being a team needing a bid).

LvZYtbZ.png

Wow. 75 to 1 odds on Auburn at the beginning of the season... There might be a few lucky people who may cash in on some big time cash should the Tigers win in Glendale on January 10th (Then again, there might be some who have money on 20 to 1 Oregon to win).

Oh, and I can now finally say this: The drought is over! Washington is going bowling for the first time since 2002. Bring on the Holiday Bowl, baby!

Oh, Martinez just throw the ball away.

Killjoy. tongue.gif

Hey, didn't mean to kill the buzz, but the Big East's AQ status is extremely hard to justify. Adding a severely-depleted TCU isn't going to help their case.

I'd like to know which conference you'd replace the BE with. And don't try to sell me on the Mountain West either.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

There's only one thing wrong with the Auburn-Oregon matchup... the stupid mismatched stripes on Auburn's pants.

I can barely watch Auburn when they wear all-white because those pants stripes bother me so much. I don't mind when they wear blue jerseys because the pants stripes actually show up on the blue jersey sleeves, but the all white are awful. I don't know why they can't just match them to the sleeve and helmet stripes.

PvO6ZWJ.png

UConn Huskies?

BCS?

NO!!!!

There is a simple solution to this. If your conference champion isn't at least in the BCS top 15 then your automatic bid is nullified. The open slot could then be either an additional at-large bid or it can go to a non-AQ conference champion provided that team is top 15 in the BCS rankings. Easy.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

You people wouldn't be saying this if it was West Virginia or Pitt representing the BE. But because it's Connecticut and neither of those two, all of a sudden it's "Big East sucks, their automatic bid ought to be revoked, etc."

Haters gonna hate, indeed.

Sodboy13 said:

I am not going to bury a story for Lights Out. Nebraska really blew that game tonight. Red zone turnovers were their detriment, not officials and their calls. I have a feeling that the Pellini Bros. will still horribly manage games in the BigTen.

They only thing the Pelinis did wrong was not yanking Martinez the second he threw that pick in the second half. BTW Martinez is welcome to transfer to whatever Sun Belt school or other mid major which is willing to put up with his inability to learn from his mistakes.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You people wouldn't be saying this if it was West Virginia or Pitt representing the BE. But because it's Connecticut and neither of those two, all of a sudden it's "Big East sucks, their automatic bid ought to be revoked, etc."

You mean the team that almost lost to Marshall and the team that lost to Utah, Miami, and Notre Dame?

No, we were pretty much convinced the entire Conference was not good this year and did not deserve an AQ.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Martinez, in my opinion, had NO business playing the last quarter and a half. For one, he was hurt and couldn't run. And second, he played like he was unaware that you could throw the ball away if no one was open. He looked like a kid who'd never played quarterback before, and Nebraska had a much stronger chance of success when the wildcat formation was on the field. The constant turnovers were the dagger, though. Very few teams have thrown away games like the Huskers did today.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

First off, I love it that UConn is going to a BCS bowl. It's great for their program and it's a pretty cool accomplishment when you consider that UConn has only been playing D-I football since 2000. The only Big East team that I would rather see in a BCS bowl over UConn is Syracuse. None of that changes the fact that The Big East is a pretty lousy football conference and has been for the past few years. Like it or not, based on the recent history of the conference, it's pretty difficult to argue that The Big East deserves an automatic BCS bid. The truth is that The Big East does in fact suck. And that's coming from someone who is a fan of Pitt, USF, Syracuse, and West Virginia football.

FInally, "haters gonna hate?" Obviously. I mean what else would a "hater" do? It's not like a "hater" has many options. If one chooses to be a "hater" then isn't that person pretty much committed to "hating?" Otherwise, what would be the point of choosing to do some "hating" in the first place? :P

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Martinez, in my opinion, had NO business playing the last quarter and a half. For one, he was hurt and couldn't run. And second, he played like he was unaware that you could throw the ball away if no one was open. He looked like a kid who'd never played quarterback before, and Nebraska had a much stronger chance of success when the wildcat formation was on the field. The constant turnovers were the dagger, though. Very few teams have thrown away games like the Huskers did today.

And that is a coaching decision.

The better coaches in The Big East over the last six years have taken teams to the BCS, but then left the conference for other jobs. Petrino, Rich Rod, and Kelly were coaches who brought good/very good teams to the BCS, left and took the staff with them. That is big reason why The Big East is down.

They have coaching drain big time.

UConn Huskies?

BCS?

NO!!!!

You know if there was a playoff system the Big East would still be hogging a spot, right? I know you didn't bring it up, but any way you slice it it is what it is

But yeah, UConn as the representative of the Big East in the BCS. This oughta be fun hilarious to watch

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Archived