2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No offense taken. I still think Boise State is better, though, especially on offense and in coaching. But TCU deserves their moment and I'm pulling for them.

If TCU finishes the job, can the non-AQ's please finally get the respect they deserve? Because then within the past few years, we will have seen Boise beat Oklahoma, Utah beat Bama, and (hopefully) TCU beat Wisconsin.

I'll go one better than that. I think TCU should get a share of the National Championship.

ll go even one more better:

GET A PLAYOFF SYSTEM!

It'll let other teams, including TCU, get a shot at the big game. It's more fair. It's more interesting, and almost EVERY OTHER major sports league has some type of playoff systems. Srew money. Screw size. Screw the BCS. Let's get a playoff system!

pony.png

John 3:16

Oh Rocky Top, You'll Always be..home sweet home to me! good ol' Rocky Top! Rocky Top Tennessee !

Actually, my opinion is there isn't that much of a difference between the ACC, SEC, Big 12 and everyone else. However, tell me this isn't a piss poor showing by the big 10. I mean pathetic. It could change after the Ohio State and Wisconsin games but as of right now I haven't seen a bowl performance this sorry by a major conference in a long time. Am I wrong?

Then you haven't been watching college football for a very long time. A conference going 2-4 in bowl games is hardly news dude.

Are you wrong? Yes. As I said, Iowa beat the 12th ranked team in the country. Are we not counting the Iowa win? If the Big Ten as a whole is as pathetic as you claim then how on Earth did a five loss Big Ten team knock off the #12 team in the country? Illinois won their bowl game. If the Big XII is every bit as good as the SEC then how in the world did a "pathetic" one step above an FCS school Illinois team manage a win against a Big XII school?

As for today's showing against the SEC... Michigan sucks, especially on defense. Would anyone here argue that Michigan is better than Mississippi State? Did anyone here really believe Michigan State was anywhere near as good as Alabama before today's game? Penn State played Florida pretty tough and was driving for a possible go ahead score before their QB threw his 5th INT of the game. Five INTs and Penn State was still in the game.

Wisconsin just lost to TCU by two. We're either going to admit that TCU is deserving of their #3 ranking and that they're a really good team. Or we're going to go with your contention that the Big Ten is as bad as the Big East and that means that TCU has no business playing in a BCS bowl. After all, they barely beat a lousy team right? Or do we say that TCU is in fact the #3 team in the nation? If so, how is it pathetic that the #5 team lost by two to the #3 team? Isn't that about how it should have played out?

I'm not arguing that the Big Ten is great. It's not. But it's nowhere near as "pathetic" as you're trying to make it out to be. And you still haven't addressed the fact that the Big East, despite how "pathetic" you think they are, has managed to win bowl games this season.

Iowa is the lone bright spot. Illinois win was meh but it still was a win. Michigan and Michigan Stat got destroyed and Penn State and NW played a raunchy game as well. We will have to agree to disagree but I think the ACC and Big East are ascending while the Big 12 and Big 10 are descending.

As I type this Herbie just said this is one of the worst bowl experiences by the Big 10. How funny, he agrees with me.

No offense taken. I still think Boise State is better, though, especially on offense and in coaching. But TCU deserves their moment and I'm pulling for them.

If TCU finishes the job, can the non-AQ's please finally get the respect they deserve? Because then within the past few years, we will have seen Boise beat Oklahoma, Utah beat Bama, and (hopefully) TCU beat Wisconsin.

I'll go one better than that. I think TCU should get a share of the National Championship.

Are they an SEC school? If not, then the argument is automatically invalid. They're not an SEC school, so they shouldn't get any share of the title.

LvZYtbZ.png

Iowa is the lone bright spot. Illinois win was meh but it still was a win. Michigan and Michigan Stat got destroyed and Penn State and NW played a raunchy game as well. We will have to agree to disagree but I think the ACC and Big East are ascending while the Big 12 and Big 10 are descending.

As I type this Herbie just said this is one of the worst bowl experiences by the Big 10. How funny, he agrees with me.

Yeah well you know what? After further review I agree with you too. I forgot about the Northwestern game. I stand corrected. It was a pathetic showing. You're right. I'm wrong. Consider yourself special because rare is the day that I admit my argument was full of holes. :D

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Are they an SEC school? If not, then the argument is automatically invalid. They're not an SEC school, so they shouldn't get any share of the title.

You're not only an idiot, you're a racist idiot. Go :censored: your Grand Imperial Wizard- self.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

so much for that Nebraska blowout huh

Stunning result after the way they blew the doors off Washington at Seattle.

If I am Bo Pelini I am on my knees for my job, I think this could lead to a change in Lincoln.

Or Nebraska realized this is a retarded exhibition game against a team that is coming to Lincoln next September (reasons #1-1347 to pull your punches) and just flat out didn't give a rat's ass about the game. You know, just like most teams in Bowl games.

/It's stupid to fire coaches for negative results in Bowl games. Except for the only one that counts, and you aren't firing that guy.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The big 10 is getting exposed today. Really curious how Wisconsin and Ohio State will do. Not a lot of respect for this conference right now.

Because Conference supremacy is determined SOLELY by the outcome of glorified exhibition games. Gotcha. :rolleyes:

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The big 10 is getting exposed today. Really curious how Wisconsin and Ohio State will do. Not a lot of respect for this conference right now.

Because Conference supremacy is determined SOLELY by the outcome of glorified exhibition games. Gotcha. :rolleyes:

I know that isn't the case to the players, especially seniors. Coaches can lose jobs over not winning bowl games. Universities want that money so I know they care. It is only a "glorified exhibition" to fans.

Big East is 3-1 right now.

Victims: 8-4 Southern Mississippi (3rd place in Conference USA East), 7-5 Kansas State (3rd Place in Big XII North, probably something like the 8th best team in the entire Conference), 6-6 Clemson (5th Place in ACC Atlantic)

Vanquisher: 8-4 NC State (3rd Place in ACC Atlantic)

/Slow Clap

//CONTEXT!!!!

Are we sure the Big Ten deserves a AQ still?

Great showing today guys all over the place.

You are a blithering idiot.

Today, we are all otaku.

And my TCU-alum grandfather is probably doing backflips at his residence in Sugarland, Texas, as we speak. So, SO glad to see TCU get the win today. They deserved every bit of it, and played very hard out there. Andy Dalton and Tank Carter both deserve MVP honors, they played remarkable games.

I'll miss Utah playing TCU every year (well...no I won't :P), but I do wish them the best, that is a classy program and one talented team.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I know that isn't the case to the players, especially seniors. Coaches can lose jobs over not winning bowl games. Universities want that money so I know they care. It is only a "glorified exhibition" to fans.

Right. :rolleyes: Enough teams mail the Bowl Game in that I can assume their Seniors have already mentally checked out or are preparing for the draft. If the coach is fired because of the Bowl Game *glances at Michigan, since this is CLEARLY who we are referencing*, the coach's ass was gone anyway. You must have missed the part of the program where we mentioned 1) There is not a huge payout difference between victory and defeat 2) the Conference gets most of that money and doles it out to all of the members, and 3) most Bowls are net money LOSERS for the schools in question.

Today, we are all otaku.

Right. :rolleyes: Enough teams mail the Bowl Game in that I can assume their Seniors have already mentally checked out or are preparing for the draft. If the coach is fired because of the Bowl Game *glances at Michigan, since this is CLEARLY who we are referencing*, the coach's ass was gone anyway. You must have missed the part of the program where we mentioned 1) There is not a huge payout difference between victory and defeat 2) the Conference gets most of that money and doles it out to all of the members, and 3) most Bowls are net money LOSERS for the schools in question.

A. Very few seniors get drafted.

B. You really think the competitor nature of players would allow them to lay down. Nebraska didn't lay down, they got thrown down. Both teams will be different next year. Not like they would be giving anything away. Very silly thought IMO.

As far as the Big East goes, 3-1 is still alright. Not saying they are SEC caliber. I never did.

OU hatred aside, I really hope UConn makes this a game. One, so I can watch a good football game. Two, so we're all spared the OU band's ridiculous, repetitive fight song. "Hey a two yard gain..." bump a dum dum bump a dee dee dum bump a doo dum. Learn some new songs Sooner band.

newsig.jpg

A. Very few seniors get drafted.

B. You really think the competitor nature of players would allow them to lay down. Nebraska didn't lay down, they got thrown down. Both teams will be different next year. Not like they would be giving anything away. Very silly thought IMO.

As far as the Big East goes, 3-1 is still alright. Not saying they are SEC caliber. I never did.

A. Enough do to let them make decisions based on what's best for them rather than the team. Also it may be an incredibly stupid rule and ruling, but alpha dog competitors probably don't get themselves suspended for much of the season by selling trinkets and using the money.

B. They are also undergraduates at major American colleges and universities and therefore just as prone to blowing crap off and partying as they are to "feeling competitive". There's nothing on the line for them in the Bowl game, and from a college student's perspective, the game is pointless. Trust me, I've been to one likely far more recently than you have.

Today, we are all otaku.

OU hatred aside, I really hope UConn makes this a game. One, so I can watch a good football game. Two, so we're all spared the OU band's ridiculous, repetitive fight song. "Hey a two yard gain..." bump a dum dum bump a dee dee dum bump a doo dum. Learn some new songs Sooner band.

Nice jinx. cursing.gif

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Way to go Mike Haywood. At least you lasted one more week than George O'Leary did at Notre Dame, Unfortunately, you are charged with domestic violence.

EDIT: A possible home to RichRod if he is dismissed within the week?

Whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"? I'd tell them "When I get acquitted, either you rehire me or I sue you for most of what you've got!"

v40P3lq.png

Archived