Is Anyone Watching The Flames/canucks

Joshawaggie

heh heh. I watched the game with my Canuck fan friend and there is nothing funnier than watching him hyper ventelate after Stefan Yelle dings one of the post, knowing the Canucks season was an inch away from being over. Meanwhile my Avalanche are easily in the 2nd round.

IUe6Hvh.png

Um, in case you thought Saturday was good, I hope you're watching tonight. A pair by Iginla and a pair by Cooke, and we've got a 2-2 game going into OT. 4-on-4, Vancouver trailing 2-1, they pull the goalie, Iginla misses the empty net, and Cooke scores with under six seconds left.

Wacky stuff.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

...and today the result is different. Gelinas bangs home a rebound with less than 2 minutes into OT. Iginla gets an assist and his third point of the night.

Too bad for Naslund (a classy player and classy guy) and Auld (rookie goalie and a 2004 Manitoba Moose who stood on his head as a standin for Clootch).

Calgary claims this crazy Canadian series!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

With that goal by Gelinas, its almost a certainty that every call in the next round will go in favor of Detroit and Colorado to set up Bettman's dream series, in the Western Conference Finals.

While I'm happy for Darryl Sutter and the Flames plus the entire city of Calgary, its going to be a HUGE hill to climb for Calgary and San Jose to play in the Conference Finals.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Awesome series, awesome last game.. congrats!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

With that goal by Gelinas, its almost a certainty that every call in the next round will go in favor of Detroit and Colorado to set up Bettman's dream series, in the Western Conference Finals.

Yes... but the NHL NEEDS Colorado vs. Detroit.

anyways... I just wanna ask any Canucks fans... how is that Division Champion deal treatin ya?

IUe6Hvh.png

Ok, now it's my turn to use it...
:puke:

Agreed. As great a rivalry as Detroit-Colorado is, ESPN will still run it as the 5th story of the day (even if it is game 7)... whereas any one of Calgary, Montreal, Toronto, or Ottawa advancing past the second round would immediately be the top story on SportsCentre up North, where most people actually care.

Being a Canadian first, Avalanche fan second, I am hoping for Calgary to advance, and not because I don't want to play Detroit. I'd love to play Detroit, but the worse the ratings are in the US, the more incentive for the NHL to consider Canadian markets for relocation. (Wouldn't It be Nice to have the NHL In Places that truly Embrace the Game?)

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Ok, now it's my turn to use it...
:puke:

Agreed. As great a rivalry as Detroit-Colorado is, ESPN will still run it as the 5th story of the day (even if it is game 7)... whereas any one of Calgary, Montreal, Toronto, or Ottawa advancing past the second round would immediately be the top story on SportsCentre up North, where most people actually care.

Being a Canadian first, Avalanche fan second, I am hoping for Calgary to advance, and not because I don't want to play Detroit. I'd love to play Detroit, but the worse the ratings are in the US, the more incentive for the NHL to consider Canadian markets for relocation. (Wouldn't It be Nice to have the NHL In Places that truly Embrace the Game?)

I Agree Syphi.

oh wait, that didnt spell anything, dang.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Well Wings vs Avs could still happen in the Western Final there it will be even better I think.

Also Im glad Calgary won yesterday if the NUcks would have won after teh jacket landed on the ice it would have tainted it in my mind, even though it didnt interefeer with Iginlas shot it shoudl have still called for a stoppage of play and a fce off in the Flames scoring zone.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Yes... but the NHL doesn't need to try and make it's product appeal more to Canadians! Detroit/Colorado was, as it's peak, the best rivalry in sports at the time. A playoff series may be able to renew that hatred.

Canadian fans are gonna watch the playoffs regardless. But if Colorado and Detroit are both eliminated, they lose two very large fan bases that could just as easily turn to playoff basketball or early-season baseball.

If it came down to Red Wings or Sharks/Flames... I'll be tuning into playoff basketball on ABC and TNT, and i'm sure alot of people will be doing the same, especially if the Nuggets advance. I'm sure there's alot of people in Detroit that'd watch the Pistons over non-Red Wings playoff hockey as well.

IUe6Hvh.png

Also Im glad Calgary won yesterday if the NUcks would have won after teh jacket landed on the ice it would have tainted it in my mind, even though it didnt interefeer with Iginlas shot it shoudl have still called for a stoppage of play and a fce off in the Flames scoring zone.

...and while picking up the shirt, the ref missed seeing Iginla's stick being slashed out of his hands, eventually tripping him, taking him out of the play. Strange sequence of events, but thankfully the final result came out right.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Yet Jovanoski called his penalty a horse____ call...which high stick/cross check shouldn't he have been called for? At that time the Flames were down a man because of a slashing call like the one missed on Iggy--so Jovo--shut up and take it...

Things even out, and it was a great series...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Yup. And not only are the Canucks a cheap team in my mind (as they have been for the majority of the past 2 seasons, less-so with Bertuzzi, but still), their fans are cheap too! While I'm not totally in favor of teams being held accountable and punished for the behavior of their fans... If you DO penalize teams for this sort of behavior... it wouldn't happen anymore... bottomline! Shoulda been a stoppage in play in the Flames scoring zone as Tank said. That would've obviously penalized the Canucks by making them put their goalie back in.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived