Toronto Maple Leafs

Lights Out

mapleleafs1.png

mapleleafs2.png

Just a quick minimalist concept from me this time. I've always noticed how the Leafs' logo could be used to make natural trim on a uniform, and wanted to try out the effect. I also swapped scripts, putting the old '60s "Toronto Maple Leafs" script on the current logo, and I picked a NOB/number font that pretty much matches it exactly. Comments?

(And yes, I realize that Phil Kessel is not an assistant captain for the Leafs, I just wanted to show a patch.)

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I like this, its a nice idea and was executed effectively.

However, the first thing that comes to my mind when I see these jerseys are: This and this. I can see why I did, but I still think its strange making that connection.

This is a very interesting concept that I really like a lot. Nice work!

Edit: Also is similar to this

RockiesSig.png

Huh ... very interesting. Never would have thought it could work as well as it does here. I think the sleeves need something more, but, then again, I've never been a fan of straight-up blank sleeves on any concept. The only other thing I would worry about is if you get a player with a long surname that would extend outside the white area.

That looks awesome, only slight complaint i have is that the white uni seems to have too much blue, and the blue uni seems to have too much white (so much to the point that it might actually cause confusion if, say, they wore their white unis against a blue team), that might just be me though. Nice job!

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

That looks awesome, only slight complaint i have is that the white uni seems to have too much blue, and the blue uni seems to have too much white (so much to the point that it might actually cause confusion if, say, they wore their white unis against a blue team), that might just be me though. Nice job!

A possible solution could be to make the ends of the sleeves the opposite color. White sleeves with a blue end and vice-versa. Just a thought.

I really really like this.

One thing I'd consider changing is to make the shape of the leaf a very thick outline on the blue jersey. Right now, it feels like there is too much white on the blue jersey, which could lead to a lot of confusion when watching the game. Think of it like the Red Wings uniforms, where the sleeves are red no matter what.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Oh, and your sleeve numbers seem to be upside down.

*edit* Darn, oddball beat me to it.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

This is a very cool idea, but I think the all-white sleeves on the dark jersey, and the all dark sleeves on the white jersey are a bit impractical.

You could add a chunk of blue to the bottom of the dark jersey's sleeves, and vice-versa for the white jersey.

8gEj9j7.png

PotD:Β 24/08/2017

Archived