Kansas City Royals

Lights Out

royalscap1.pngroyalscap2.png

royals1.png

royals2.png

royals3.png

One team I feel could use a pretty major makeover is the Royals. Right now they look way too similar to the Dodgers, and it's not even a winning look for the Royals. They also have that lovely gold color that goes completely unused. I kept the scripts but added a crown and drop shadow. I also changed the number/NOB font to a more regal-looking serif font (Minion Pro, which comes with Photoshop). I used a sand-colored road uniform because I thought it fit in with the blue-and-gold color scheme and it looked nice, too. The sleeve piping is now two-tone, with gold accents, and the Royals' logo has been removed from the sleeves.

Since the home and road are pretty traditional, I decided to have a bit of fun with the alternate, bringing back the vest look to the Royals, which looked nice when they had black in their color scheme. I based it around the Royals' logo, as it could fit numbers pretty well. I also added gold pinstripes and buttons, as I thought they really popped against the dark blue uniform.

I updated the classic cap logo with Minion Pro and a crown. The gold hat would only be worn with the alternate to provide contrast. Thoughts?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I like the home and road a lot. One thing with the road is that it is tough to see the gold colors on the sand jersey.

The alternate is a bit too out there for me...

I like the number font cohice, but it really looks a lot like the Brewers number font; the combination of the font and the colors keeps making me think of the brewers.

Overall I like this concept and I think the home and road are improvements.

RockiesSig.png

One thing with the road is that it is tough to see the gold colors on the sand jersey.

That's intentional - I wanted the gold to be a subtle accent color on the road.

As for the NOB and number, while the composition is admittedly similar to the Brewers, the fonts are different enough that it probably wouldn't be an issue.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I'd change the number font, mainly because as a Brewers fan, I associate the Times number font with them. Especially since their colors are so similar. Other than that, this is awesome.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

I didn't use Times for the number font, I used Minion Pro.

Bonus hat option:

royalscap3.png

Well, it looks just too close for my liking. Just my 2 cents.

The white hat looks great.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

Really nice concepts. I like the KC with the crown, nicely done. I'd like to see the powder blue version.

Not a fan of the Blue Jersey with pin stripes, the rest are good. Nice use of the gold.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I have a similar idea as this that I am working on. The home and away are nicely done. The alt doesn't seem to jive.

For the away jersey, I would try doing the outline in white, rather than the sand color. It might really make it pop.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Replace the crown-number deal on the front of the alt with KC and you've got a winner.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

From your first post, I would like the blue cap as an alternate cap. Not a big fan of the gold crown cap with blue bill though.

Not really digging the jerseys. They SCREAM Milwaukee, and they are just too close to milwaukee (relatively speaking) to pull something like that off.

I like that you are trying to incorporate gold. Why not try to take their regular jersey, and outline the "Royals" in gold, including the NOB and numbers. have separate pants with gold piping. And wear it as a saturday alternate with the first blue alternate cap that you came up with. I think it would look kind of classy.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Archived