Broncos Logo and Uni Concept

mbannon92

I hear all the time about how Broncos fans want to bring back their old uniforms from the 70s through the mid-90s, and I thought, well I can do that! So, I made this concept, which is a mix of classic and modern.

First the logos. For the primary I went back to the horse in the D with the same coloring, but I used the D from their current font and an alternate logo I found on the site, a full-bodied bronco using their current design. I made their current primary the secondary logo, and kept the wordmark, changing the color to orange with a navy outline.

For the unis I combined their 70s-90s helmet with the uniform they wore in 1965 and 1966. I used an italic number font, because I think it looks good, and I kept the wordmark under the collar and added the bronco head on the back above the nameplate. For a throwback uniform, I think it looks pretty modern while staying true to the Broncos roots. I also think having orange as the primary color looks really good and separates the team from the Bears colorwise.

Please let me know what you think, and I hope you enjoy!

BroncosLogos.png

BroncosHome.png

BroncosRoad.png

BroncosRoadAlt-2.png

The Bronco looks slapped on in the primary, imo. I like the uniforms, but I really like their current number font, so I would prefer that. I'm glad you went back to orange as the primary color since it's not used widely throughout the big four sports.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

I agree that the Bronco looks too slapped on. Also, where the blue part of its body hits the blue in the D, things just look really awkward. From far away, you can't really tell what's going on with the helmet logo, which is never good for football uniforms. The italic number font isn't really doing it for me either. Orange home jerseys is a plus, though.

phitinsig.png

This concept is fantastic except for one thing: that full-body Bronco is one of the weirdest and worst logos there is. It's like Baryshnikov took some wonder horse under his wing. I'm surprised they didn't dress it in tights and a codpiece. :wacko:

Oh, and death to LANOB (logos above the NOB). :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Like the uniforms a lot although I would add blue pants as an option for home and road. Don't like the number font at all, at least not italicized, maybe it would look ok otherwise. Have to agree with all the others on the logo, It looks forced and awkward. Lots of people get my hopes up when they say merge the old and new, but few actually accomplish it. Most people seem to do what you have done and just put the two together and that doesn't work. As LetsGoOakland9 said, try to actually update the old logo by updating the Bronco that's in that logo, I have seen it done on here before, it can be done.

Here is an example of what I mean.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

No, to anything involving "Seizure Horse".

Okay, I laughed out loud* when I read that. Perfect name for that logo.

*would have used LOL but per the 'Words Men Should Never Use' thread it would have been unmanly to so so. <_<

I really like the idea, especially the 65-66 inspired jerseys, but the full-bodied bronco is killing it for me. I keep expecting to see a God bronco with a long gray beard reaching out to touch its hoof to give it life.

Although the uniforms are beautiful, IMO, the primary logo is awful. The bronco appears to be sniffing his own bottom, which is a no-no in logo design.

I think your logo design for this concept is very lazy. You just took logos that they currently use and slightly alter their appearance/background or change it from the primary to the secondary. You should be equally creative with your uniforms and logos.

Punch9

I love the basic concept here, but not crazy about certain elements.

1. As many others have already noted, the old "D" with the modern "Schwarznegger" bronco doesn't work for me. I think the current logo would work great with the orange and white helmet stripes.

2. I think the socks should be blue with every set -- just seems to balance out the helmet better, IMHO, and goes with the blue sleeves on the orange jerseys.

3. Not crazy about the font. I really don't like italicized fonts on sports unis in general, and football jerseys in particular. Again, I think you could use the current font, which would make for a really neat integration of old-time Broncos history and elements of the current set.

Just my 6 cents...

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

I have an update coming on the jerseys with the current number font and some other tweaks, but first I want an opinion on these helmets. I have the logo they use now, and a D with just the bronco head. Let me know which one you prefer.

(I don't really have the time to a full bronco like some people suggested, if anyone was wondering)

helmetchoices.png

The bronco head on top of the D looks, again, very forced.

Agreed. But it does look 10x better than the seizure-horse.

The helmets you have are a downgrade. There is no striping or anything special. Be more creative with this instead of slapping logos on helmet templates.

The helmets you have are a downgrade. There is no striping or anything special. Be more creative with this instead of slapping logos on helmet templates.

The helmet will have the striping that was there in the original post, i just didn't show that view because I wanted to know about the logo. So it's 2 votes for the bronco head?

The helmet will have the striping that was there in the original post, i just didn't show that view because I wanted to know about the logo. So it's 2 votes for the bronco head?

Ok, I see. I'll vote for bronco-head over head-inside-D logo.

I think you could easily recreate that iconic 'D-horse' logo with a bit of tweaking. You could either tweak the logo you've got right now so that you're able to place the head nicely inside the middle of the D, or you could siply recreate the older logo altogether by replacing the horse with this newer version of the bronco, preferrably in the same position as in the older logo.

That's my 2 cents, I prefer the bronco head as of right now.

EDIT: Post 1,400

I think you could easily recreate that iconic 'D-horse' logo with a bit of tweaking. You could either tweak the logo you've got right now so that you're able to place the head nicely inside the middle of the D, or you could siply recreate the older logo altogether by replacing the horse with this newer version of the bronco, preferrably in the same position as in the older logo.

That's my 2 cents, I prefer the bronco head as of right now.

EDIT: Post 1,400

Agreed, laid on top doesn't work. Tuck the left side of the Bronco head inside the D and that should do it.

Archived