Heitert's NFL Concepts

AHcreative

Hey all, I haven't posted anything in a while and there are a lot of unfinished logos/projects that I probably won't be competing. So I decided to do this Seahawks concept, and casually post finished concepts that I've done, instead of starting new ones that I can't promise to complete.

This concept is based on the uniforms used from '82 until 2001. The newer Seahawks logo, in my opinion, lacks a color that would make the set "pop". Granted they do use lime green, but I feel it isn't used to its full potential (the green alts, however, are nothing short of an eyesore). So, for the primary logo, I took the current logo and cut off the back of it, eliminating that "swoop" thing, to make the shape closer to the older logo. The colors were changed to mirror the old logo, bringing green back to be a primary color. The "Seahawks blue" has been eliminated from the logo and used as the helmet and facemask color. My favorite part of the jerseys introduced in the early 80s, was the sleeve stripe which included the hawk. I couldn't decide if I liked the blue or the white pants more, so I chose to keep the blue ones the primary, and the white ones are the alternates.

Any comments and/or criticism would be appreciated.

Primary:

SeattleSeahawks-2.png

And the alt:

SeahawksAlt.png

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like the added lime green to the logo. Not sure I like the Navy as the primary on the home, think I would rather see the sleeve and body of the jersey switched. Like others have pointed out, the numbers either need to be lime green outlined in white or vice versa IMO. Also make the pants stripe match the sleeve stripe.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm headed off for college tomorrow, but between now and Wednesday, I'll have my dorm all to myself with nothing to do. I'll take some of your suggestions and make some updates then.

This isn't limited to your concept, in fact it's directed towards the real unis the team wears.

"Hey, what's wrong with the Seahawks' uniforms?"

"Just too much dark blue."

"What if we add another shade of dark blue?"

"Brilliant!"

Seriously, I just don't get it.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I've been wanting the return of the wrap-around logos.

Nice job! B)

Question: one the home jerseys, did you try white numbers with a lime border?

I did but I just thought the lime green/white outline numbers looked better. I can post some jerseys with the white/lime green outline numbers if you want?

This isn't limited to your concept, in fact it's directed towards the real unis the team wears.

"Hey, what's wrong with the Seahawks' uniforms?"

"Just too much dark blue."

"What if we add another shade of dark blue?"

"Brilliant!"

Seriously, I just don't get it.

That's why I wanted to add more green and why I couldn't decide if I wanted to go with blue or white pants. Besides, I don't know why, but unless one of the team's primary colors is white I really don't like white pants. The Colts for example have beautiful uniforms, I like the away uniforms but I think blue pants looks just as good if not better. Same goes for the Jets, green on the road would look good.

Also, I think teams like the Bears, Bengals, Browns and Broncos would look better in orange pants. And the Cardinals (road), Falcons, Ravens, Bills (road), Panthers, Texans, Chiefs, Dolphins, Vikings, and Rams (because for some reason they decided to switch to white), should wear red, black, black, navy, silver, red, yellow, orange, yellow, and gold pants respectively.

Hehe... *ducks*

"Also, I think teams like the Bears, Bengals, Browns and Broncos would look better in orange pants."

NOOOOO! As a lifelong Bears fan I might cry if they wore orange pants (just kidding, but seriously). First is tradition, and second, orange isn't prominent enough in the uniforms to be the pants color. And I'm a fan of all white, especially on the Bears, but you're entitled to your opinion, I just respectfully disagree.

I really think this would look a lot better with white numbers on the home with the lime trim. I like the lime but IMHO, it should just be a trim color, I think it would look a lot cleaner and professional. But I like the update in general.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Hey thanks for all of the comments guys. I think I'll turn this into a series, and I hope I can knock out as many teams as possible. But I'll start with a team that needs the most help...

I'll have the Bills up as soon as possible.

Alright, I'm finally finished with the bills. What I did with them is, I combined the current logo, and the unused 2002 logo. I was really looking at the 2002 logo and noticed that if I took off the red and blue forming a 'B' I could find some potential. So I took the B off and it pretty much looked like a grey Buffaslug, so I tinkered with the logo, and kinda fused together the current logo and the unused 2002 one.

For the jerseys I went with something a litte different, seeing as though the Bills already have some pretty "out there" uniforms. I know I said earlier in this thread that I don't like white pants, but sometimes they can look alright, so I made both the home and away pants white. This is basically an "I can see the bills doing something like this in the near future" kinda concept.

Here is what I did with the logo:

BillsEquation.png

BillsLogos.png

And here are the uniforms:

Bills.png

C&C appreciated.

Excellent work on the logo, very impressed.

The uniforms, not so much. Simplicity is always a key, and your modern style uniforms kinda work to your disadvantage here. I think you have something going with the color scheme for the logo, maybe a dark blue, blue, red, and pewter color scheme? Looks fine in the primary, it could reflect nicely on asthetics.

I would love to see you mimic these uniforms, which I think was a nice look.

Archived