2010 NFL Alternate and Throwback Uniform Schedule

dennisbergan

I've seen the Chiefs wear white at home against the Lions, Oilers, and Chargers for the 1980 season. Besides those games, I haven't seen other Chiefs home games from that year though. Nevertheless, yes, they have worn white at home. Kansas City also wore white (with white pants) at home against the Bengals in 2006 for their opener.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teams ARE only allowed to wear their third jerseys twice a year. I thought it odd too when learning that the Ravens are wearing their alternates 3 times.

they can only wear an Alt or a Throwback, not both.

Except for last year with the AFL 50th anniversary thing. The Chargers and Broncos were allowed to wear their third jerseys in addition to their AFL throwbacks. The Titans could have done the same with their alternates but didn't.

yea i thought they can only wear it twice but if the Ravens will be wearing it 3 times then the rule must be 3, i guess we will find out. and yes i know last year the rules didnt apply due to the AFL 50th anniversary

looks like the Panthers will wear the Alt 3 times as well one time in preseason and twice in the reg season

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-1/Colors-of-the-Panthers-rainbow/02fcfd20-e378-4d21-a433-fa7f16f25c38

Phils2.pngPhils_Primary.pngPhils4.pngPhils3.png

since the last 4 new teams (not counting the browns) are the panthers, jags, ravens, and texans, each teams should wear the following jerseys

the panthers can wear the jerseys from the Charlotte Hornets (of the world football league)

the texans can wear the Houston Gamblers jerseys (USFL)

the jags can wear the Jacksonville Bulls jerseys (USFL)

the the ravens can wear the Baltimore Stars jerseys (USFL)

all the other teams in the nfl have a longer history as teams

also some of the teams, like the bills, could wear the bills team from the AAFC or the nfl teams from the 1920s in buffalo.

so long and thanks for all the fish.

My prediction - white jerseys with existing burgundy pants, burgundy jerseys with GOLD pants. They've already worn the white/burgundy combo vs. Buffalo last Friday.

If you look at the Texans website they have Houston wearing their whites in Washington. Which means that the Redskins will be in their burgundy uniforms. What color pants to go with it, we'll have to see and find out.

Could the Redskins be mixing it up with what colors they wear at home for 2010? They have already worn white like they usually do for home games against Buffalo so far.

I think the NFL should make Thanksgiving a throwback weekend, making all teams wear throwbacks.

for new teams who have no real history or have not been in the league that long (like the texans) they could wear teams they played in the city before that were not nfl teams. maybe they can wear the USFL, UFL (the 1960's UFL) and WFL team jersey.

The Texans and Panthers don't have anything to throw back to as they have always had the same uniforms since they came into existence in the league.

I think the NFL should make Thanksgiving a throwback weekend, making all teams wear throwbacks.

I think that would be a bit too much. If they are going to have every team wear throwbacks they should do it like the 1994 season or last year when all the old AFL teams wore throwbacks against each other.

panthers and jaguars would switch to white cleats.

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

I've seen the Chiefs wear white at home against the Lions, Oilers, and Chargers for the 1980 season. Besides those games, I haven't seen other Chiefs home games from that year though. Nevertheless, yes, they have worn white at home. Kansas City also wore white (with white pants) at home against the Bengals in 2006 for their opener.

Wore white at home vs. Raiders in 1980, too -- saw clips of that game on the America's Game about the 1980 Raiders. The UniWatch white-at-home project lists the Chiefs as white jerseys for all home games in 1980. Take that for what it's worth.

panthers and jaguars would switch to white cleats.

Great idea! I'd add that the Ravens should either wear their original uniforms...

429x.jpg

or switch to white cleats as well.

And maybe we can have the jags go back to this:

38094_crop_340x234.jpg

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Teams ARE only allowed to wear their third jerseys twice a year. I thought it odd too when learning that the Ravens are wearing their alternates 3 times.

they can only wear an Alt or a Throwback, not both.

Except for last year with the AFL 50th anniversary thing. The Chargers and Broncos were allowed to wear their third jerseys in addition to their AFL throwbacks. The Titans could have done the same with their alternates but didn't.

yea i thought they can only wear it twice but if the Ravens will be wearing it 3 times then the rule must be 3, i guess we will find out. and yes i know last year the rules didnt apply due to the AFL 50th anniversary

looks like the Panthers will wear the Alt 3 times as well one time in preseason and twice in the reg season

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-1/Colors-of-the-Panthers-rainbow/02fcfd20-e378-4d21-a433-fa7f16f25c38

The Ravens are wearing their third jersey 3 times in the regular season. Which hasn't been done before.

Carolina wears blue on the road for games that are hot in the early season. Why are the Panthers wearing their alterate blue in a dome? There won't be any heat indoors. If I were to guess anything it would be that they wanted to wear black at home as much possible. The Panthers have worn black at home 4 or 5 times since 2002.

How come the Giants won't wear white against Carolina for that game? It is usually hot that time around in New Jersey.

Denver broncos wear orange on 8/21 vs Detroit, 10/17 vs New York Jets, and 12/5 at Kansas City.

Do you have a link for this information?

I also find it exceptionally odd the Chiefs would be wearing white at home that late into the year. Not unheard of, of course, but still very odd to me.

Denver broncos wear orange on 8/21 vs Detroit, 10/17 vs New York Jets, and 12/5 at Kansas City.

I also find it exceptionally odd the Chiefs would be wearing white at home that late into the year. Not unheard of, of course, but still very odd to me.

Nevermind. Found the info on Jim Saccomano's twitter feed (Broncos VP of Comm):

Orange jerseys for thre Broncos this week--Josh McDaniels really likes the orange--we will also wear orange vs. NY Jets and vs. KC Chiefs.

So the orange jerseys will be worn at HOME vs. KC.

Nevermind. Found the info on Jim Saccomano's twitter feed (Broncos VP of Comm):

Orange jerseys for thre Broncos this week--Josh McDaniels really likes the orange--we will also wear orange vs. NY Jets and vs. KC Chiefs.

So the orange jerseys will be worn at HOME vs. KC.

I saw what you're talking about. He didn't specify the date for the KC game. To answer your queston in the previous post, http://twitter.com/postbroncos

Scroll down and click on more. It is posted on 7:04 PM August 10th. Keep on clicking more until you see it.

She specified the teams the oranges will be worn against AND the dates. If you see it, you will see that the date of the KC game is December 5th. On that date Denver plays in Kansas City at Arrowhead Stadium.

I thought I read in another thread here that the Patriots are breaking out the all-white, Pat the Patriot look for their Thanksgiving game against the Lions. Will the Lions don the throwbacks that day as well?

Great idea! I'd add that the Ravens should either wear their original uniforms...

429x.jpg

I don't think the Ravens can wear those due to the copyright lawsuit.

I know the original AAFC Baltimore Colts wore green and silver. I'm not sure what the helmet looked like, but that may be different enough from the Indianapolis Colts to wear. I guess thats the only other option besides the USFL Stars. Heres a picture of the jerseys:

colts_green_jersey01.jpg

I thought I read in another thread here that the Patriots are breaking out the all-white, Pat the Patriot look for their Thanksgiving game against the Lions. Will the Lions don the throwbacks that day as well?

There was another thread about the Patriots throwbacks. It isn't known what the Lions will wear for the Thanksgiving game.

Chicago Bears Monsters of the Midway throwbacks: 9/27 vs Packers and 11/14 vs Vikings

horrible

What are you saying is horrible?

That they're wearing that crap twice, let alone once, when their primary jerseys are all-time classics that shouldn't spare a single appearance. Oh well, I just won't watch; besides, this offensive line couldn't block me.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Cowboys throwback blues game is a confirm. They will be wearing them against the Saints on Thanksgiving day.

Also, Cowboys won't be wearing their road blues at all this season. Which leads to one more game eliminated on when the Colts may wear their white throwbacks again.

The Houston, Cincinnati, and Dallas game are eliminated from the picture on guessing the Colts third jersey game in the 2010 regular season. Only 5 games left; New York Giants, Kansas City, San Diego, Jacksonville, and Tennessee.

Archived