2010 NFL Alternate and Throwback Uniform Schedule

dennisbergan

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Denver broncos wear orange on 8/21 vs Detroit, 10/17 vs New York Jets, and 12/5 at Kansas City.

Do you have a link for this information?

I also find it exceptionally odd the Chiefs would be wearing white at home that late into the year. Not unheard of, of course, but still very odd to me.

Nevermind. Found the info on Jim Saccomano's twitter feed (Broncos VP of Comm):

Orange jerseys for thre Broncos this week--Josh McDaniels really likes the orange--we will also wear orange vs. NY Jets and vs. KC Chiefs.

So the orange jerseys will be worn at HOME vs. KC.

ahhhh....disregard

Denver broncos wear orange on 8/21 vs Detroit, 10/17 vs New York Jets, and 12/5 at Kansas City.

Do you have a link for this information?

I also find it exceptionally odd the Chiefs would be wearing white at home that late into the year. Not unheard of, of course, but still very odd to me.

Nevermind. Found the info on Jim Saccomano's twitter feed (Broncos VP of Comm):

Orange jerseys for thre Broncos this week--Josh McDaniels really likes the orange--we will also wear orange vs. NY Jets and vs. KC Chiefs.

So the orange jerseys will be worn at HOME vs. KC.

ahhhh....disregard

They are going to wear orange AT KC?

See post #58.

I know the Dolphins are wearing their orange alts this Sunday night, I think it would be a cool look if they matched them with their aqua pants...anyone agree?

No, I think I will feel sick if they do.

Are the Vikings going to wear their throwbacks again? If so, what game?

This past Sunday Minnesota wore throwbacks for the first time against a team other than a divisional rival.

I know the Dolphins are wearing their orange alts this Sunday night, I think it would be a cool look if they matched them with their aqua pants...anyone agree?

Why the hate here? No one's more of a traditionalist than I am (if it were up to me the Dolphins would go back to their early '70s look), but for an alt, I think this could look cool. In the same vein, I wouldn't mind seeing the Bears wear their navy pants with their orange alt.

People here are literally offended by two-tone uniforms when they're not part of the team's history...when the Redskins break out the yellow pants it's a day of national celebration, but God help us if the Chiefs or Vikings ever wore yellow pants...

The Cardinals pick them week-to-week. I don't know where this mandatory scheduling is coming from.

No, teams aren't permitted to pick 'week-by-week' . .

Choosing has to be done prior to the opening weekend for the enter 17 week schedule

Why the hate here? No one's more of a traditionalist than I am (if it were up to me the Dolphins would go back to their early '70s look), but for an alt, I think this could look cool. In the same vein, I wouldn't mind seeing the Bears wear their navy pants with their orange alt.

People here are literally offended by two-tone uniforms when they're not part of the team's history...when the Redskins break out the yellow pants it's a day of national celebration, but God help us if the Chiefs or Vikings ever wore yellow pants...

The Dolphins jerseys are one of my favorite NFL uniforms. I just think that wearing orange with aqua pants will be a combo I won't have a taste for.

People do seem to like the Redskins new home look. To each their own I guess. I will say though I didn't like the all burgundy combo they wore the previous two years.

I wonder if they have it scheduled for MNF vs. the Pats?

That was only the 4th time that they have worn the orange jerseys. They have never worn them twice in a season, so I doubt that they will be wearing them on Monday Night vs the Pats. I expect that they will wear Aqua tops with White pants as they usually do for home games that are not 1pm.

BwZsPH2.jpg

Steelers will be wearing throwbacks Week 6 vs. the Browns and then Nov 14th vs. the Patriots.

Link

"THROWBACKS COMING SOON

When Ben Roethlisberger returns from his four-game suspension on Oct. 17 against the Cleveland Browns, he and his teammates will be wearing the Steelers' throwback uniforms.

The throwbacks are modeled after uniforms worn by the Steelers in the late 1950s and early 1960s.

The Steelers will also wear their throwbacks for the Nov. 14 game against the New England Patriots."

• 2 weeks later...

Steelers will be wearing throwbacks Week 6 vs. the Browns and then Nov 14th vs. the Patriots.

Link

"THROWBACKS COMING SOON

When Ben Roethlisberger returns from his four-game suspension on Oct. 17 against the Cleveland Browns, he and his teammates will be wearing the Steelers' throwback uniforms.

The throwbacks are modeled after uniforms worn by the Steelers in the late 1950s and early 1960s.

The Steelers will also wear their throwbacks for the Nov. 14 game against the New England Patriots."

Are these ACTUAL throwbacks or those fictional yellow-helmet uniforms?

87Redskins.png

• 4 weeks later...

The scorecard for 2010 is the following (with more updates to come)...

Week 1- Eagles throwbacks

Week 2- Vikings throwbacks

Week 3- Dolphins alts, Bears throwbacks

Week 4- Panthers alts, Bills throwbacks, Falcons throwbacks

Week 5-

Week 6- Broncos alts, Steelers throwbacks

Week 7- Panthers alts

Week 8- Rams throwbacks, Patriots throwbacks, Cardinals alts

Week 9- Colts throwbacks

Week 10- Bears throwbacks, Broncos alts, Falcons throwbacks, Steelers throwbacks

Week 11- Bengals alts

Week 12- Cowboys faux throwbacks, Patriots throwbacks, Bills throwbacks, Ravens alts

Cardinals alts, Lions practice uniform/throwbacks

Week 13- Bucs throwbacks, Packers throwbacks, Chargers alts

Week 14- Texans alts

Week 15- Chargers alts, Ravens alts

Week 16- Bengals alts

Week 17-

Archived