Dallas Mavericks Rewind/Rebrand

Windmill360

I tried to go back to the green and blue because there are no teams currently sporting those colors and now would be a nice opportunity for the mavs to go back, but they have to do it right. Here's what I was thinking:

mavspresentation1.png

BTW I tried to put the mesh material that the NBA is using now on their jerseys but I can't figure out how to do that. Any ideas?

Well I'll always welcome the addition off the green to the Mavs set, because blue and green works well for them and it's very underused....so that's a plus. My only complaint really is that the jersey wordmark doesn't match the one in the logo, so there's a big mismatch going on here which leads to a lack of a strong identity.

phitinsig.png

The logo looks REALLY nice with those colors, and i like the wordmark. is that their official font? It's slick. The uniforms, though, dont really fit, considering their straight out of the 80s/90s, and the logo/script is from a few years back

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Thanks for the input. The reason behind the wordmark not matching the jersey wordmark was because I wanted to keep the current logo as the primary and match what the Utah Jazz are doing with their new set of combining old with new. I'm gonna go back and add a second primary logo though that incorporates the jersey wordmark and the older logo.

Doesn't having more than one primary logo go against the definition of primary? I would try to combine the to logos into one so that you dont have the problem of dealing with two completely different designs. Better, though, as a whole

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Doesn't having more than one primary logo go against the definition of primary? I would try to combine the to logos into one so that you dont have the problem of dealing with two completely different designs. Better, though, as a whole

You're right. I guess the wordmark with hat would be the alternate logo and the horse would be primary. As far as the logos not matching in design I don't think it matters too much since so many teams are using dissimilar designs (or recoloring their retro logos) in their logos kind of like the Jazz, Cavs, Hawks, Hornets now have.

PepMan - I'll be adding Dallas to the road to see what it looks like..

just not seeing it. love the return to green, don't get me wrong. i think these just go a little too far back in the wayback machine.

also, the logos get me a bit. 2 differen Ms, 2 different fonts for Mavericks (one of which is only present in the logo), the hat doesn't sit on the M correctly for Pri 1. i just think the logo set needs more work.

Archived