White jersey at home for the NFL 2010 season

gothedistance

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great... I'll have to wear a pink hat. But at least I'll get to see those yellow pants in person.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I´m a Saints Fan but i hate the Black/Black and White/Black combos :S

I dont put photos because everybody know the kits...but if someone dont know it just tell me :P

Edit: But i find this weird combo :S

NFL_Saints__White_onWhite_Uni_by_yurintroubl.jpg

dragonssignature.gif

Im from Costa Rica...so i dont have a huge english level...understand me

:rolleyes:

I dont put photos because everybody know the kits...but if someone dont know it just tell me :P

This is a terrible photoshop job. The Saints' gold is consistent and matches in the helmet, jersey and pants. Like that will ever happen! :-)

This is a terrible photoshop job. The Saints' gold is consistent and matches in the helmet, jersey and pants. Like that will ever happen! :-)

A worthy point but wow...I love that look. My only issue is why Reggie has one Earl Campbell leg and one Heidi Klum leg. :wacko:

The following was posted in a Saints 'mailbag' feature on their flagship radio station's site:

===

Question: Why are the Saints wearing white jerseys in the Dome this year? We always play tougher wearing black in my opinion. I have searched for the answer and can only find that its cause we went on a 7-1 road game winning streak and that Drew sees the white uniforms better. -- Wade Cotton, Metairie, La.

Answer: Wade, I’m actually going to have a story on the uniforms next week*, but let’s put it like this – the fans care much, much, much more about uniforms than the players do. In fact, in talking with the ones I spoke with, they don’t really care what they’re wearing. The Saints have worn all sorts of uniforms in the Sean Payton era, including wearing white jerseys only three times at home during the 2009 season.

===

* I'll watch for that and post it.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

the NFC championship game for the '78 season was Los Angeles at Tampa Bay

the NFC championship game for the 1980 season was Dallas at Philadelphia.

I like opening day surprises like a couple of years ago when the Browns wore orange pants versus the Colts and the Bengals came out in all black. I guess those days are gone.

The NFC title game for the '78 season was Dallas at Los Angeles. The NFC title game for the '79 season was Los Angeles at Tampa Bay.

There is an update to the white at home database. I convinced Tim Brulia something. The Chargers wore white at home in the 1968 and 1969 preseason games. I told him that.

If anyone wants, I know a link that has photos of the Chargers and Oilers wearing white at home for the 1968 and 1969 preseasons.

That. Is. Beautiful.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

That. Is. Beautiful.

The only tweak would be to reverse either the helmet or pants stripe so they match. Otherwise...gorgeous.

Man, if Buc and I had just thought of that.

Oh, wait a minute. (bottom set)

NOsaintsgolds.png

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Some teams still wear white at home in October. One being the Panthers.

18 games including Dallas and Miami after week 3 are supposed to have white at home.

Outside of Dallas and Miami there are supposed to be 7 games after week 3. Weeks 4 and 5 had 3 white at home occurences (excluding Dallas). Should be 5 more after this week.

I was looking at the 2004 season. Philly wore white at home against Carolina on the date of October 17. The Eagles wil also have a home game on the same date for 2010 against the Falcons. Is it likely for Philly to repeat wearing white on that date?

Looks like my hunch came true. Philly will indeed wear white at home against the Falcons. On October the 17th for 2004 AND 2010 the Eagles wear white at home against an NFC South team.

From what I can tell, since moving to Lincoln Financial Field, the latest date that the Eagles wear white at home is the 17th of October.

That. Is. Beautiful.

Except for the silver helmet.

I believe you have a sticky period key also.

87Redskins.png

• 2 weeks later...

I take it this week will be the last week teams other than Dallas and Miami will wear white at home.

I think Tampa Bay is likely to wear white against the Rams. Not sure about the Saints if they will wear white against the Browns. But we'll see.

Miami should finally wear white at home against the Steelers since it is their first daytime game this year.

That. Is. Beautiful.

Except for the silver helmet.

I believe you have a sticky period key also.

That. Is. Hideous.

And I hate sticky periods. Use a tampon next time!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, what teams never wear white at home? Or at least have only done on a VERY rare occasion? I cant think of a time when the Vikings wore white at home. What about the Lions? Seahawks? Bills? Steelers?

The Vikings wore white at home for the 1964 season.

Lions - A couple of times for Thanksgiving games.

Seahawks - Never

Bills - In the 1980's

Steelers - in the 1960's

Archived