Concept Portfolio

Davidson

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh man I really need to get my head into after effects and learn how to use it properly. Touched on it a bit in college but barely scratched the surface and always loved motion graphics, to combine that with sports stuff in some way would be such good fun!

Awesome video and awesome work Fraser, as I'm sure you know I'm a big fan of your style, both static and animated.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

That crash you may have heard was the sound of my jaw hitting loudly off my desk. WOW. Impressive!

Hey mate, amazing work. Truly professional.

Do you mind me asking, how long have you been using After Effects? Hours estimate?

I'm hoping you're going to tell me a really low number, i'm affraid its too late for me. Approaching mid-twenties :S

That crash you may have heard was the sound of my jaw hitting loudly off my desk. WOW. Impressive!

Do you mind me asking, how long have you been using After Effects? Hours estimate?

I'm hoping you're going to tell me a really low number, i'm affraid its too late for me. Approaching mid-twenties :S

cheers mate.

hmm. well, the actual answer is many tens of thousands of hours i would have thought (its what i do for a job)

however, all the stuff in this video (bar the 3d helmet) is very straight forward and nothing you couldnt learn in a few weeks training.

cheers mate.

hmm. well, the actual answer is many tens of thousands of hours i would have thought (its what i do for a job)

however, all the stuff in this video (bar the 3d helmet) is very straight forward and nothing you couldnt learn in a few weeks training.

Haha tens of thousands of hours - I imagined as such. Thanks for replying.

cheers mate.

Haha tens of thousands of hours - I imagined as such. Thanks for replying.

but take a look what chickenfish has done in a couple of hours so far. it might seem a long way from some of the comps in my reel, but hes really not that far from producing something similar if he gives it another couple of weeks.

im happy to give advice to anyone who takes a crack at some after effects stuff. its not that hard and certainly much more straight forward than flash.

Hey FD.. I'm loving the finished version mate! But where about's is the Goanna? ha

didnt make the initial cut mate, but im actually making an extended version of the thing so there are another 8 logos that should be in the next one.

Hey FD.. I'm loving the finished version mate! But where about's is the Goanna? ha

didnt make the initial cut mate, but im actually making an extended version of the thing so there are another 8 logos that should be in the next one.

Sweet.. I'll look forward to it!!

I agree with pretty much everything said in this thread!

Also, just wondering, what is the effect used in the title screen? The one near the bottom right thats kinda of like a smoke/fog? Its really cool looking.

cheers mate,

its just footage of actual smoke, layered up as if in photoshop.

Archived