Golden State Warriors

Lights Out

warriorslogos.png

My first attempt at a new logo set from scratch - well, almost. The basketball is from a previous Warriors logo and the bridge is from their new one. I used the colors from their last logo because they look nice. Overall, I was just trying to fix the problems with their current logo while freshening it up. Gone are the stupid SF monogram and California state logo and in is a new GSW monogram that isn't biased towards one of the two cities the Warriors serve. Uniforms are coming soon, but how are the logos so far?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

warriorslogos.png

My first attempt at a new logo set from scratch - well, almost. The basketball is from a previous Warriors logo and the bridge is from their new one. I used the colors from their last logo because they look nice. Overall, I was just trying to fix the problems with their current logo while freshening it up. Gone are the stupid SF monogram and California state logo and in is a new GSW monogram that isn't biased towards one of the two cities the Warriors serve. Uniforms are coming soon, but how are the logos so far?

This is the new logo with the old colors.

Did he not just explain, in depth, what he did and how and why he did it? How do you operate a computer when you obviously don't take the time to read.

Looks nice. Not too fond of the lowlights or the basketball. I agree, it looks cluttered.

ayr02r.gif

I don't think, because thinking implies uncertainty. Therefore, I KNOW.

Panhead, you think you are helping your cause, but you're not. It is highly suggested that you take a 1-2 week break from this forum. I think it could really help gain back at least a grain of respect from your fellow members.

Lights Out - I like what you did, here. It's an exceptional update of their new logo. You executed their old colors perfectly, as well.

Panhead, you think you are helping your cause, but you're not. It is highly suggested that you take a 1-2 week break from this forum. I think it could really help gain back at least a grain of respect from your fellow members.

Lights Out - I like what you did, here. It's an exceptional update of their new logo. You executed their old colors perfectly, as well.

I wasn't criticizing him. I like the old colors better, anyway.

Then why would you point it out to him? You have to read the original post before you post an unnecessary comment. Take a break.

Then why would you point it out to him? You have to read the original post before you post an unnecessary comment. Take a break.

I think he just wants to boost his post count.

---------------------------------------------

On the topic of the actual concept, I think you did a good job, and while the orange at the bottom of the basketball looks off, I like the general look. I don't find it too cluttered, as others have said, because even if you see a small version of it, you know you're looking at a bridge and a basketball.

To incorporate orange, maybe try making very thin shadows under the seams of the ball?

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Really guys? Panhead really didn't post anything that terrible or malicious. Obviously he could've read some more of the topic and given better C&C but it's not like he went and all-out bashed the concept or tried to start a fight. Nobody needs a break here. Settle.

As for the concept I agree with the majority here that the basketball clutters this way too much. I'm not feeling the orange shading either. Perhaps just put an orange outline around the circle? And here's another suggestion I have (although this could be incredibly hard to explain)-- try incorporating the bridge into the basketball as one whole shape. For example: put the part where the bridge curves downward (like this logo) in place of the top curve on the basketball, while making the horizontal line the bottom of the bridge.

Just an idea...could look absolutely terrible but it's worth a shot. B)

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I like the way the curve of the suspension cable matches the seam of the ball in the upper left. It may be a little cluttered, but it is still an improvement. I've never understand the offset text, but I do like the font.

I actually was a fan of the lowlight. The thing that bugs me here is the basketball looks "too real." It's almost too detailed, and the lines are uneven in certain spots. I think if you can simplify the basketball, make it more Logo-ish, but not too cartoony, you've got a real winner. I love the font choice as well as the secondary. I hope I'm somewhat clear on what I'm trying to say.

I'd kill myself if the went to this.

Just kidding but I like the real logo more. i agree the basketball in the background is a little too much and i hate the off centered script. And i have drawn up numerous GSW logos liek your secondary I really wish they would use something like it

The thing that bugs me here is the basketball looks "too real." It's almost too detailed, and the lines are uneven in certain spots. I think if you can simplify the basketball, make it more Logo-ish, but not too cartoony, you've got a real winner.

Well, maybe if I explain the basketball lines better then you'll understand why I've used them. The basketball lines are taken directly from the Warriors' most classic logo with the basketball and California. I don't really want to get rid of those lines because they're a link to the organization's past, while the new bridge represents the future. They might look a little wonky but nobody complained back when the original logo was used.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I drew a version of this when the new logo first came out with the basketball in the background, but i used the ball from this logo and flipped it to the other side to offset the bridge. Ill probably do a computer version of it and post it later or tomorrow

Were you giving him an idea on what ball to use? If so, I missed that intention...

As for the update, it looks much better without the lowlight, IMO. Good job :)

ayr02r.gif

I don't think, because thinking implies uncertainty. Therefore, I KNOW.

Archived