Another Oakland A's Concept

IronChefShark

Mint green? [i am not in favor of mint green.]

BTW, my idea would be navy, silver and white with a nod to the Connie Mack era and would be described like this:

PRIMARY HOME CAP: Solid navy. White Old English "A" centered on front two panels trimmed in silver.

PRIMARY HOME UNIFORM: White with Navy soutache trim around button-down placket and sleeve ends. Old English "A" on left chest in Navy with silver trim. Name and number on back navy with silver trim. Elephant patch on left sleeve. Pants white with navy soutache trim down outside seam of pants. Undershirts, socks and belts navy. Worn with black shoes with whire stripes.

PRIMARY ROAD CAP: Same as Primary home cap, but with white Old English "O" centered on front two panels trimmed in silver.

PRIMARY ROAD UNIFORM: Light Gray. Rest same as home uniform, except navy Old English "O" on white trim. Names and numbers on back navy on white.

ALTERNATE HOME CAP: White crown with navy bill and button and Old English "A" centered on front two panels with silver trim.

ALTERNATE ROAD CAP: Gray crown, same as home cap, but navy Old English "O" with white trim.

ALTERNATE HOME JERSEY: White with navy soutache around button-down placket. Rest same as home jersey.

ALTERNATE ROAD JERSEY: Gray. Rest same as road jersey.

ALTERNATE JERSEY THREE: Navy with white soutache around button-down placket. Rest same as primary home jersey, except in white with silver trim. Worn with alternate caps.

BATTING PRACTICE JERSEY AND CAP: Navy with white Old English "A" on left chest and standardized MLB markings by Majestic Athletic. Button-down placket. Player name and number on back white. Cap is solid navy with elephant logo centered on front two panels, trimmed in white.

PATCH: Same as current, but with white elephant holding a yellow bat in his trunk on white baseball with red stitching and navy blanket with silver Old English "A" on the elephant. (NOTE: This will also serve as the official team insignia.)

JACKET: Solid navy with white Old English "A" trimmed in silver and standard MLB markings as made by Majestic Athletic. Collar, sleeve end and rib trim is silver/navy/white/navy/silver.

By the way, the Old English "O" is my idea, a tribute to the old Oakland Oaks of the PCL.

Could someone who can draw a uniform concept please draw it for me? I'd appreciate it to show everyone. But as for those :puke: colored unis, does the words "lime sherbert" mean anything?

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

"I think a guy with as many ideas as yourself needs to learn how to constructively criticize."

The "puke" comment was a shot of sarcastic criticism, because I would not like to see that color. The Padres' khaki isn't the first time they've worn that shade of color. The Pads' original 1969-71 roadies were tan with brown trim, the first time an unusual color was worn since the 1937 Brooklyn Dodgers, who wore that color with green trim. That was FUGLY!

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

The "puke" comment was a shot of sarcastic criticism, because I would not like to see that color.

...and now it's gone. See, I posted that "be respectful" thing for a reason.

Also, it's a good thing you're new and Shark is probably completely disregarding you at this point, because although I have no legit reason to edit it out, bringing up Padres' brown in a Shark thread is not cool...

...live and learn, James. Don't take this too hard, but there's some times on this board where sarcastic criticism is not welcome. This would be one of them.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

* hangs his head in shame * I'M SORRY!

no shame dude, how the hell were you supposed to know who the more, um, sensitive members are around here.... it's just that we've been around to live and learn.....no biggie, i'm sure.

* hangs his head in shame * I'M SORRY!

no shame dude, how the hell were you supposed to know who the more, um, sensitive members are around here.... it's just that we've been around to live and learn.....no biggie, i'm sure.

Agreed with Joel... I don't mean to be too harsh, but we've had problems in the past, and I want to avoid those at all costs. Except lives. Or maybe money... okay, let's try to avoid them at most costs.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I like the piping pattern, though anything you put on there would have been better than the nothing they got now. Baseball uniforms without piping or with just the front piping and nothing on the sleeves bugs me. Gimme something. So with that, I really like the home and the alternate. I'll give you points for originality on the road, but mint...I dunno. The new khaki uniform I can understand because it's a natural color(although it actually looks more gold to me), but mint just stands out so much that I think it would be a little tough on the peepers. At least you're presenting us with a hardly cookie-cutter color idea.

Anything to break the monotony of the gray white blandness of the MLB. If i had it my way, it would turn into a beer softball league, but thats just me.

good work.

And i think shark can take any pukey things, as he was anticipating them. Weve all had our tiffs, im sure everyone has lived, learned, and grown thicker skin :D

Anything to break the monotony of the gray white blandness of the MLB. If i had it my way, it would turn into a beer softball league, but thats just me.

Not just you, brotha... me too. Totally.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

i had a bad dream...that everybody was copying me in some way and Tom Brady was in my closet :blink:

the second part was just a nightmare...however the first part is coming true :shocked::D

if anyone recalls (probably not since i lost it) i did a Michigan State jersey with a greenish gray (or grayish green, take yer pick)...the final verdict would be if someone else eventually did something similar. Shark is that someone, and the verdict is a gray-green works. :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived