Vikings Logo Design

Davidson

Following my Redskins logo design I thought I'd take a crack at the other glaringly 1970s style NFL face logo!

So here is my version of the Viking head.

Let me know what you reckon.

Fraser

Vikings-1.png

That's a helmet, not a bandanna covering a bald spot.

What'cha gonna do, Packers, when Adrian Peterson and his 24" pythons run wild on YOU!!! Brother!!!

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This logo is most likely what the Vikings will go with in the future. That is, if Fraser is smart enough to submit his design. :)

Just a few changes should be made, some of them mentioned in previous posts:

- Flip the hair so it is facing the opposite direction

- Lighten the skin just a bit (Don't make it look too pasty-white, though)

- Increase the size of the horn (approx. double the current size of it)

- Watermark! Don't give those hooligans the chance to steal! :P

Awesome job, Fraser.

Following my Redskins logo design I thought I'd take a crack at the other glaringly 1970s style NFL face logo!

So here is my version of the Viking head.

Let me know what you reckon.

Fraser

Vikings-1.png

Gorgeous work as always, Davidson. You never cease to amaze me. This is head and shoulders above the other Norseman concepts in that other NFL rebrand (32 in 100 days?) IMO. Solid fugging stuff mate.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Damn that's nice. I don't think I would change anything, except maybe trying a few different colors on the helmet. Maybe a dark silver or copper color, to differentiate it from the hair. I mean who's hair is exactly the same color as their hair? That would add another color, but I think on something detailed like a face you can get away with some colors that don't appear in the rest of the identity.

If you don't mind me asking, what font did you use for the wordmark? Or is that a custom?

Excellent work. I also think the horns could be a little thicker. Up next.. Patriots!

its a customisation of mtv2c. dont know if its one you can easily get your hands on. i used to do a lot of work for them so i have lots of channel fonts.

have actually already made what is essentially a pats logo.if you take a look in my portfolio at the 'americans' logo.

cheers, guys ill be making a few changes and posting on later today.

just fyi, here were a couple of additions i toyed with. the viking with an axe perhaps with his arm making the v shape? didnt really work as id hoped.

vikings2.png

Davidson: For the larger logo with the axe, what do you think of using a hammer (i.e. like Thor) rather than the axe to increase the "Norse" feel?

that is a much better idea, why the hell did i give him an axe? that makes much more sense.

not sure if he really works with the arm? might give him another try. think it will only work if the hair is in the other direction tho.

fraser, i love your work, but i see a couple of flaws with this one. First, I agree your keylines are a bit too heavy here. Second, are you using two shades of purple? if so, I'd definitely switch to black and find some place to include a touch more purple. Third, I love the wordmark you created, but I've always felt that arched italics always look like the letters are falling over. Maybe make that text upright with the arch, or perhaps just a straight italic wordmark. Nice work, and I'd love to see the hammer idea too.

OD_Signature.jpg

vikings.png

just spotted this in a different thread by andrewharrington. pretty rad!

Yeah, that is the one I was referring to. It's subtle enough for the casual fan to barely notice, but updated enough for Vikings fans to appreciate it. It is very clean as well.

To really differentiate, perhaps you should consider putting a full beard on your viking? It always seemed a bit odd to me that the "Viking" had the time and desire to shave. lol.

vikings.png

just spotted this in a different thread by andrewharrington. pretty rad!

Yeah, that is the one I was referring to. It's subtle enough for the casual fan to barely notice, but updated enough for Vikings fans to appreciate it. It is very clean as well.

To really differentiate, perhaps you should consider putting a full beard on your viking? It always seemed a bit odd to me that the "Viking" had the time and desire to shave. lol.

and braid his hair.

what a big girls blouse.

Man, what I wouldn't give to do an apprenticeship/internship with you. Top notch work! The update looks really good with only the partial reflection and the feel of forward motion. I'd really like to see an alternate if you finalize one. As mentioned, I think a holding a hammer would look great, and putting the form in the big V might pull it all together.

TDZiMMB.png

Archived