Vikings Logo Design

Davidson

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, what I wouldn't give to do an apprenticeship/internship with you. Top notch work! The update looks really good with only the partial reflection and the feel of forward motion. I'd really like to see an alternate if you finalize one. As mentioned, I think a holding a hammer would look great, and putting the form in the big V might pull it all together.

ta very much. you could coem and sit next to me at the office, but im sure it would be infinitely less inspiring than you might imagine.

im having a bit of bother trying to get it all together at the moment, but ill be sure to post it when its done.

• 4 weeks later...

Slow afternoon watching Ohio State destroy IU, nothing fancy here, more for myself checking out the template.

Under Armour sleeve has the Norse symbol for Thor's hammer.

Helmet graphic got a little gnarley since I was just using a screenshot of Davidson's Viking logo.

Picture10.png

Really cool. Can we see another view of the helmet from the side?

Never mind I thought Davidson did that mock up. I looked at it too quickly, that being said would love to see a helmet logo Davidson.

3535rx3.jpg

i think your viking logo looked better when the front hair was facing the other way, the original way you had it. now it looks like he's sticking his neck way out. either way there both great. i always thought the vikings logo would be very solid if it were modernized, which is exactly what you did here.

yeah, im inclined to agree with you now that i see it again.

Following my Redskins logo design I thought I'd take a crack at the other glaringly 1970s style NFL face logo!

So here is my version of the Viking head.

Let me know what you reckon.

Fraser

Vikings-1.png

What'cha gonna do, Packers, when Adrian Peterson and his 24" pythons run wild on YOU!!! Brother!!!

ha! i thought the face was very Hogan-esque too. looks great, my only complaint are the horns seem frail.

Legit. Great work. I like the wordmark too, nice update.

like it, but he looks kind of... uneducated? like hes thinking really hard but in a stupid way lol if he was more like BATTLE and less like uhhh thatd b good... but really a good update... check my comment on teh skins logo!!

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Two words, Fraser: VIDEO TUTORIALS!!

Very nice work as always.

I don't think tutorials would really help with logo design. Either you can illustrate or you can't, not something you can teach quickly...

So you think a video tutorial by someone as skilled as Fraser wouldn't help an aspiring illustrator/sports logo desinger become more technically sound? I disagree completely.

I don't think tutorials would really help with logo design. Either you can illustrate or you can't, not something you can teach quickly...

So you think a video tutorial by someone as skilled as Fraser wouldn't help an aspiring illustrator/sports logo desinger become more technically sound? I disagree completely.

same here. no, its not something that happens quickly, but no one is born with elite skills. its something that is developed over time with practice and study

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

same here. no, its not something that happens quickly, but no one is born with elite skills. its something that is developed over time with practice and study

Well of course it comes with practice and study. And of course no one is born with elite skills.

Call me crazy, but if I had the choice between watching a video tutorial of an elite sports logo designer and NOT watching ... I'd watch. Because I'd LEARN something.

That's why Fraser's tutorial posts are popular here. They help those who want insight on how a master does things. Any kind of advice, training, tutorial will help an aspiring designer. It's like a mini art class. Should aspiring artists not go to art school?

Should aspiring artists not go to art school?

Nope. If we stop going to art school, prospective employers will eventually stop requiring that you have a degree, which will save us all a lot of money in the long run. It will put a lot of teachers out of work, but there's a lot more students than there are teachers. They'll live. :P

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived