Vikings Logo Design

Davidson

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going to try this soon but I can't live up to this... It looks great. I love how the shape of the logo (primarily the back of the hair) isn't like the old logo. That drives me crazy. I love the hair highlights and I agree that maybe Highlights to the face might help. I'm never a fan of the tan skin color though. I think it should be white (goes against my highlights comment earlier) but if it doesn't work, it doesn't work. The horn also bugs me a little. Could you try a minor updated version of the current horn. This one seems to skinny.

I don't mean to highjack this thread, but I feel like andrewharrington in the NFL Logo Critique thread nailed it and I saw that one first, so it's harder for me to love this.

The helmet seems a bit too small for his head. The horns don't feel as important (thinner and smaller), and the wordmark doesn't really capture the aura of "vikings" as much as the current wordmark. Perhaps find a way to incorporate the wordmark so that it flows into the logo?

Just some small critiques. Overall your work on the previous logos have blown me away.

I always like your work, but I see a couple things on this logo that are uneasy. 1) The helmet doesn't appear to line up when it goes behind the horn. It may actually line up, but it doesn't appear to. 2) The horn seems a little small. I could also see the viking's face being slightly less pasty, but at least it's not pink.

I really like the overall look, but I agree with everything bohob said. The helmet doesn't quite look like it lines up correctly (and it does look small, as someone else mentioned), and the horns look undersized.

That aside, I also think you should lose the white highlights on the hair. And I kinda wish the gold was brighter and more saturated, and that the dark purple had less red in it.

Still a pretty bangin' logo.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Only you would think to use double purple.

As previously noted, that helmet is way too small, and the strokes in there are a touch too thick...but other than that, I love the rendering. (Oh and, yeah like Kinger said, that braid should probably go the other way.)

So how long did it take you to bang this one out...about an hour? :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Solid overall... I'll second much of whats been said -- lose, or lessen the hair highlights. Try the braid the other way. And regarding the helmet -- along with it maybe being sort of on the small side, and the horns being a tad thin, perhaps my biggest issue with it is that the horns sit too low...

Couldn't agree less with the post above.....definitely looks like a professional sports team logo to me.

Looks good, but the outline looks a little too thick. Outlines that thick make me think minor league.

And this has nothing to do with the quality of the logo, but your viking looks even more like Hulk Hogan than their actual logo. I think it's the tan.

Following my Redskins logo design I thought I'd take a crack at the other glaringly 1970s style NFL face logo!

So here is my version of the Viking head.

Let me know what you reckon.

Fraser

Vikings-1.png

What'cha gonna do, Packers, when Adrian Peterson and his 24" pythons run wild on YOU!!! Brother!!!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived