2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

I really fail to see how Jacques Lemaire can take a team that's so eminently devoid of talent and come up with a way for them to beat vastly superior teaOH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the freaking trap comes back into fashion right as the league is primed to get a more lucrative television deal, possibly with ESPN, you've got a new chapter for Only The Goddamned NHL. Thankfully, the Devils are still going to lose 50 games this season while drawing crowds that will make the Coyotes point and laugh.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Islanders - the New York still-playing-for-some-reason Islanders - are up 3-0 on the Devils with 4 minutes left in the first. Loser of this game gets the worst record in the NHL for Christmas.

THREE CUPS

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

These Covered Bl...Columbus Blue Jackets are the gooniest team in the history of goony teams. Worse than the Blues and the Stars combined, going after that poor Kevin Bieksa boy like that, and in front of his dad and brother too.

Also, the Devils have THREE CUPS, so are forevermore beyond reproach.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The biggest difference between Cory Schneider and Luongo is that Schneider doesn't react like he got hit by mortar fire as soon as an opposition skater comes near the crease.

edit: 6-0. Canucks are promising to use wrong-handed sticks for the remainder of the game.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

If the Boston Bruins used the reasoning of "You won't have to listen to Jack Edwards do play-by-play on television" for their season ticket packages, they'd have a 10-year waiting list.

Worst. Announcer. Ever.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

If the Boston Bruins used the reasoning of "You won't have to listen to Jack Edwards do play-by-play on television" for their season ticket packages, they'd have a 10-year waiting list.

Worst. Announcer. Ever.

You think that's bad??? You're crazy man.

Seriously though Edwards and Rick Jeanneret are the worst announcers in the sport, which is a shame since they're both in good hockey markets.

I see your Jack Edwards laugh and raise you Jack Edwards ruining one of the best Bruins games I've ever witnessed.

Anyway, Shawn Thornton was SO close to a hat trick tonight. Had two great goals tonight and rang the post with under a minute left, after chants of "We Want Thornton!" and "Let's Go Thornton!" rang through the TD Garden. Overall, though, this was a huge, emotional win for the B's. This game can mean so much and signal a turn for the better IF the players turn it into that. This will either be the turning point of the season or just a glimmer of what the Bruins are actually capable of when they put effort into the game. I really hope it's the former.

what the hell is ccslc?

Anyway, Shawn Thornton was SO close to a hat trick tonight. Had two great goals tonight and rang the post with under a minute left, after chants of "We Want Thornton!" and "Let's Go Thornton!" rang through the TD Garden. Overall, though, this was a huge, emotional win for the B's. This game can mean so much and signal a turn for the better IF the players turn it into that. This will either be the turning point of the season or just a glimmer of what the Bruins are actually capable of when they put effort into the game. I really hope it's the former.

You gotta like that fight near the end, too. Ference sticking up for Lucic, Horton taking on Kane, etc. I don't know if I like seeing Savard getting anywhere near someone else's fist but I like seeing the whole team come together like that.

Canucks are up on Columbus 3-0 with 5.30 left in the first. Someone go talk Sizemore off the ledge pls.

I need to learn to stop spending all day looking forward to these games.

Garon was the one who gave up the first 6 goals, not Steve Mason. My scapegoat may need to shift from Mason, who has been awful, to the defense of Anton Stralman and Jan Hejda. Maybe two of the Canucks goals can be pinned on Garon himself, the rest were the results of poor defensive play.

PvO6ZWJ.png

You gotta like that fight near the end, too. Ference sticking up for Lucic, Horton taking on Kane, etc. I don't know if I like seeing Savard getting anywhere near someone else's fist but I like seeing the whole team come together like that.

Fight at the end was great. Almost thought a bench-clearing brawl was imminent, but like I said, it'll be up to the Bruins to use the momentum from this victory to carry them onward.

what the hell is ccslc?

Watching the Flames and Stars.

Stephane Robidas has to be the NHL's most underappreciated player.

For a defenseman... probably. But the best shut-down forward and most underrated player in the NHL is hands down Michael Handzus. I've watched these "shut-down" forwards that are always up for the Selke and none of them play defense at all, they get the Selke based off of offensive production, meanwhile you have players like Handzus that are always shutting down the top players in the NHL.

Archived