2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would Minnesota vs. St Cloud State really get 50,000 people willing to sit outside without the majesty of alcohol to keep them warm?

Bonus line for Minnesotans only: Bemidji vs. Duluth at the Wade. Book it.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Would Minnesota vs. St Cloud State really get 50,000 people willing to sit outside without the majesty of alcohol to keep them warm?

Bonus line for Minnesotans only: Bemidji vs. Duluth at the Wade. Book it.

If hockey out west is anything like Hockey East, then I'm sure they could more than fit the place.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

This never would have happened had they booked Jets-Wild for CanadInns Stadium! *shakes fist*

The league has a window to start the game as late as 8pm Eastern (any later and they interfere with the live broadcast of SNL, so 8 is the drop-dead time), and if they can't drop the puck on Saturday, then they go at noon Sunday.

Any later than that and they move the game to Ford Field. /sarcasm

Welcome to DrunjFlix

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The coverage of the Winter Classic is becoming Super Bowl annoying. I'm already sick of hearing about it and the freaking weather. When all is said and done, it's just another two point game. It means nothing more than the Coyotes-Preds during the season. If you want to have it, great, but stop with the friggin' 24/7 hype. It's not like it hasn't been done before and in a football stadium... oh freakin' joy, a hockey game in a football stadium... again. Get the game out of these football and baseball stadiums and put it somewhere original and unique. Central Park in NYC, that'd be cool. Any stadium from now on is just a repeat of what we've seen before.

6 of the Wings last 7 goals have come on the Powerplay. This team can't seem to score 5 on 5 lately.

What was that, -Dan?

FIVE even strength goals last night. Service. :D

Yeah as soon as I posted that the Stars went Stars and the Wings had a monster 3rd.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

The coverage of the Winter Classic is becoming Super Bowl annoying. I'm already sick of hearing about it and the freaking weather. When all is said and done, it's just another two point game. It means nothing more than the Coyotes-Preds during the season. If you want to have it, great, but stop with the friggin' 24/7 hype. It's not like it hasn't been done before and in a football stadium... oh freakin' joy, a hockey game in a football stadium... again. Get the game out of these football and baseball stadiums and put it somewhere original and unique. Central Park in NYC, that'd be cool. Any stadium from now on is just a repeat of what we've seen before.

What DO you like, O Angry Young Man?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I actually really like the coverage of it so far. I had nothing to do today and I sat and watched all of the HBO episodes online. Then I wasted 2 hours watching NHL Network's coverage of it.

What DO you like, O Angry Young Man?

The game. Hot women. Jimmie Johnson winning another title. Jr fans crying about their driver. Kyle Busch being arrogant and in your face by bowing every time he wins. Rose Bowl games between the Big 10 and Pac 10. The LA Kings wearing purple and gold. Jack Johnson scoring a power play goal... oh, and Lee asking what I like. If I'm a young man, then Lee has to be close to 90. :P

"Damn you, hockey! How DARE you try and become relevant in the American sports universe! We wants you to stay a low-level league for just Canadians and some American die-hards! Stop trying to appeal to EVERYONE!"

I love the coverage. I love the hype. I love everything about hockey and the NHL being a new New Year's tradition that has caught on with the nation. The more TV coverage, no matter how redundant, the better...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

"Damn you, hockey! How DARE you try and become relevant in the American sports universe! We wants you to stay a low-level league for just Canadians and some American die-hards! Stop trying to appeal to EVERYONE!"

I love the coverage. I love the hype. I love everything about hockey and the NHL being a new New Year's tradition that has caught on with the nation. The more TV coverage, no matter how redundant, the better...

I hate pregame shows, I hate preview shows, I hate anything that caters to the unintelligent and that's all pregame shows do, is cater to the unintelligent.

I hate pregame shows, I hate preview shows, I hate anything that caters to the unintelligent and that's all pregame shows do, is cater to the unintelligent.

So..... you're calling me stupid? That's cool.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

You could not be more wrong on this whole thing. The Winter Classic is the one event of the year where non hockey people watch hockey. Newsflash dip, most people who will watch the WC are unintelligent when it comes to hockey so you have to discuss it in a manner that makes sense for them. If you don't like it, then don't watch the pregame show. I never watch pregame shows, hell during CBJ games I never watch intermission reports. Also, you have to have it in a stadium so you can sell the $500 tickets for the nosebleeds.

And the 24/7 show on HBO is utter brilliance in that it's packaging hockey in its coolest form. So far, it seems to have worked. People who don't talk hockey (like that artard Bill Simmons) have discussed the show at length. It's brought in a new audience who have the potential to become hooked fans. Also, I know three people who got into hockey because of the "Broadstreet Bullies" documentary. The NHL is finally showing some marketing IQ and dufuses like yourself will drive away new fans if everyone approached this with the same attitude towards new programming as you do.

I'll gladly give up oddball as a hockey fan if it means that more people like the game.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I hate pregame shows, too. You know what I do? I don't watch them.

Turn the game on (whenever it ends up happening) and it won't matter that you didn't watch them either. But those shows existing means that more people might watch the Winter Classic, which means that more people might stick around and watch games after that.

It's necessary to bring in new fans and some existing fans like it, too. It's not for you. It's not for me. Good thing we have the choice of watching something else.

Archived