2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

The Knicks aren't better than the Hawks right now, and the Knicks aren't winning a title until they get a real coach and not some phony-baloney chuckerphile. They're fun, but built for postseason failure. Did we not watch the Phoenix Suns?

If they get Paul they will win. I will guarantee that.

Based on what, exactly?

Based on my opinion, if the Heat can win with their "big three" and that 15 year old coach of theirs, than the Knicks can do it too.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Heat haven't won a championship yet and face significant encumbrances to doing so in Boston, Chicago, San Antonio, and the Lakers.

I thought you were a Knicks fan, Waffles.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Knicks aren't better than the Hawks right now, and the Knicks aren't winning a title until they get a real coach and not some phony-baloney chuckerphile. They're fun, but built for postseason failure. Did we not watch the Phoenix Suns?

Based on what, exactly?

Based on my opinion, if the Heat can win with their "big three" and that 15 year old coach of theirs, than the Knicks can do it too.

The Heat ain't won a damn thing yet...are you crowning their arses already? :P

Look, I may not be the most knowledgeable guy in the world when it comes to the game of basketball, but I do know that although the Celtics succeeded in winning a championship with their three-headed monster, that was also done thanks in large part to their prowess on defense--something D'Antoni is either allergic to or can't spell. So unless the Knicks plan on signing the MonStars, then proceeding to magically zap the talent out of all the other superstars in the league, they ain't guaranteed to win s#!t.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Oh well D-Will to the Nets, enjoy winning 25 games a year while we get CP3 and win a title.

Grade A delusional butthurt here.

Almost sounds like one of those spoiled Yankees fans, who feel entitled to every superstar player, after Cliff Lee decided to sign with Philly last winter .... except this is the Knicks we're taking about. :lol:

6uXNWAo.png

Oh well D-Will to the Nets, enjoy winning 25 games a year while we get CP3 and win a title.

Grade A delusional butthurt here.

Almost sounds like one of those spoiled Yankees fans, who feel entitled to every superstar player, after Cliff Lee decided to sign with Philly last winter .... except this is the Knicks we're taking about. :lol:

Ok the Guy has said "I want to go to New York!!!" I'm not saying it's gonna happen and the Knicks are "entitled" to him, I'm just going by what he has said.

Based on what, exactly?

EA Sports NBA Live 11

The Nets will sign Blake Griffin when he becomes a free agent ... :upside:

I saw, I came, I left.

Based on what, exactly?

EA Sports NBA Live 11

The Nets will sign Blake Griffin when he becomes a free agent ... :upside:

Actually it's NBA Elite. :P

There is a fundamental flaw with your premise.

Namely, the Knicks cannot sign Paul (to a max deal anyway). Assuming hell were to freeze over and the new CBA would be the same as the current CBA (which is the best case scenario), the Knicks lack the 2012 cap space at the moment. If the new CBA drops the cap even more (which is pretty much a given) obviously the lack of cap space is going to be more pronounced.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Heat haven't won a championship yet and face significant encumbrances to doing so in Boston, Chicago, San Antonio, and the Lakers.

I thought you were a Knicks fan, Waffles.

Short-suffering Nets fan since all the way back a year ago when they started building the arena. This is the most exciting thing that's happened to them in that time since Jay-Z dragged Beyonce to Newark for a game.

Namely, the Knicks cannot sign Paul (to a max deal anyway). Assuming hell were to freeze over and the new CBA would be the same as the current CBA (which is the best case scenario), the Knicks lack the 2012 cap space at the moment. If the new CBA drops the cap even more (which is pretty much a given) obviously the lack of cap space is going to be more pronounced.

Hopefully he won't want a max deal.

I'm sure he'll pass on tens of millions of dollars, take a mid-level deal in order to play in front of mongoloids like cameroncrazie.

I'm sure he'll pass on tens of millions of dollars, take a mid-level deal in order to play in front of mongoloids like cameroncrazie.

tumblr_l73uhbHy5w1qc0m6fo1_500.jpg

Hopefully he won't want a max deal.

I remember when I was naive enough to believe in competitive altruism out of what are essentially highly paid mercenaries.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Honestly I think he'll take less than a max deal, but not as much as he's gonana have to after the new CBA. Plus they're gonna have to gut their team like the Heat and there's no guarantee they're gonna get as good role players as the Heat. And we still don't even know the long term success the Heat will have with their big 3. The Celtics big 3 were seasoned veterans while the Heat got 3 young stars with about 7 years experience each.

Oh. Hell. No.

It was one thing to lose our state landmark-like coach, now we're going to lose our star player? I can't tell you how sick to the stomach I feel now. I guess he was bound to leave though, so it's better to get something out of it than nothing later. Wow.

I'm really going to hate seeing D-Will leave if this is really set in stone, but being the loyal fan that I am I'm just going to welcome the newcomers as best I can. At least Harris is a proven point guard and Favors is a good young talent. This is still a real whack in the head for me, though.

I don't think that this was a bad move, as time will tell, but I sure didn't see this coming. I just wished that the Jazz held onto Williams until next year's trade deadline, at least. However, Utah doesn't have to worry about letting a player walk for nothing (i.e., Boozer, Korver), and it looks like that they may be getting bigger (and younger), even if that means dropping the talent at PG. Like I said, time will tell how this one plays out, and things might work out for the best.

Either way, I'm going to miss Deron Williams.

Also, this is certainly shaping up to be the transition year to all transition years.

Insert Signature Here?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

D-Will deal is done. Honestly I think the Jazz come on top of this one as far as the players involved. Sure they give up their star PG but get a quality PG and a young high potential big man. If I were a Jazz fan I don't think I'd be upset, though that's purely hypothetical. If they can get Sloan to come out of his retirement/sabbatical next year I think they'll be ok.

D-Will deal is done. Honestly I think the Jazz come on top of this one as far as the players involved. Sure they give up their star PG but get a quality PG and a young high potential big man. If I were a Jazz fan I don't think I'd be upset, though that's purely hypothetical. If they can get Sloan to come out of his retirement/sabbatical next year I think they'll be ok.

With the way things are going, McCall, I don't think that bringing Sloan back is completely out of the picture. Not likely, mind you, but not impossible. I do have confidence in Ty Corbin as head coach, though; Detroit and Cleveland (I think) have tried to get him before.

Insert Signature Here?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Honestly I think he'll take less than a max deal, but not as much as he's gonana have to after the new CBA. Plus they're gonna have to gut their team like the Heat and there's no guarantee they're gonna get as good role players as the Heat. And we still don't even know the long term success the Heat will have with their big 3. The Celtics big 3 were seasoned veterans while the Heat got 3 young stars with about 7 years experience each.

To piggy back on this, there IS one way I know the Knicks could wind up giving max money (unless my math is off, which it very well could be, in which case totally ignore this) to Chris Paul. If under the new CBA, the league were to institute a hard cap, the salary cap would in fact be higher than it currently is. From what I've heard, under a hard cap, teams would be able to spend up to what is currently the luxury threshold, somewhere around $70 million. With a little bit of creative maneuvering, it could provide enough room for the Knicks to get CP3. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but it's not totally out of the realm of possibility.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Archived