2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

Oh. Hell. No.

It was one thing to lose our state landmark-like coach, now we're going to lose our star player? I can't tell you how sick to the stomach I feel now. I guess he was bound to leave though, so it's better to get something out of it than nothing later. Wow.

I'm really going to hate seeing D-Will leave if this is really set in stone, but being the loyal fan that I am I'm just going to welcome the newcomers as best I can. At least Harris is a proven point guard and Favors is a good young talent. This is still a real whack in the head for me, though.

I don't think that this was a bad move, as time will tell, but I sure didn't see this coming. I just wished that the Jazz held onto Williams until next year's trade deadline, at least. However, Utah doesn't have to worry about letting a player walk for nothing (i.e., Boozer, Korver), and it looks like that they may be getting bigger (and younger), even if that means dropping the talent at PG. Like I said, time will tell how this one plays out, and things might work out for the best.

Either way, I'm going to miss Deron Williams.

Also, this is certainly shaping up to be the transition year to all transition years.

I certainly don't find it anything apocalyptical at all, but I'm just personally floored. Even through the whole D-Will vs. Jerry mess, I still loved D-Will and thought he was getting a lot of bad rap from some of the fans over here. I'm glad to get something out of it, and something very beneficial in draft picks, a proven point guard, and a big man with lots of potential, but the timing of the whole thing is just too crazy to comprehend at the moment. I expected him to leave, but not till at least next year.

The best way to describe how I feel about the timing is going up to bat against Tim Wakefield or Phil Niekro, expecting a slow knuckler, then getting some wicked 97-mph fastball inside at the hands coming from out of nowhwere. I'm just floored.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Russian finally lands somebody, now he needs to do some more man talk and bring in more stars. Blake Griffin would be a great addition but he seems so far away. Need someone sooner.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I think the Knicks are in good shape to get Paul because I don't think STAT signed a max deal. Plus they dumped a few contracts like Curry and Randolf and ditched Wilson (I really like Chandler) and Galo. I would lead toward CP3 because he is pass first as well... especially if they are going to have Landry Fields playing the 2. That's a lot of size. Not to mention, all they need is a sub-par defensive center.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

This is a bad move for the Nets. DWill had already listed the Knicks, Mavericks, and Clippers(!) as the only teams he'd consider leaving the Jazz for. Plus he's unhappy about the trade. I see this blowing up in the Nets' faces.

You mean they didn't see if "D-Will" even wanted to play there long term? New Jersey Nets...c'mon, man! It would suck for them if they gave up all that for a year and 1/3 rental. I could understand a championship contender doing that, but not a rebuilding suck ass team trying to make a splash when they are basically the East Coast version of the Clippers.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

This is a bad move for the Nets. DWill had already listed the Knicks, Mavericks, and Clippers(!) as the only teams he'd consider leaving the Jazz for. Plus he's unhappy about the trade. I see this blowing up in the Nets' faces.

You mean they didn't see if "D-Will" even wanted to play there long term? New Jersey Nets...c'mon, man!

Nope, it was one of "out of nowhere" deals from what I'm reading. Apparently D-Will didn't hear about the deal until one of his teammates saw it watching ESPN on a hotel TV, then he found Deron & told him.

Wow, this is something else. I guess you can't fault Melo & LeBron for doing what they did. They used their clout to go where they wanted to go. D-Will could've done the same if he wanted/had the opportunity to, but the Jazz nipped that in the bud before he could even start. Now he's stuck in New Jersey. Wow.

Who would've thought both Sloan AND Williams would be out of Utah before the season ended? :wacko:

Wow, Deron wasn't even told until afterwards? This just reeks of desperation from both the Jazz (to get rid of DWill before he pulled a LeBron/Melo), and the Nets (to keep up with the Knicks).

I could definitely see Deron forcing the Nets to re-trade him, though, if that's allowed. He's already bitching about this deal, and again, he has three set teams he wants to go to. I don't really see the Knicks getting involved if that happens (no good assets left to trade), but the Clippers could make a strong pitch. Williams apparently lives in San Diego during the offseason and wants to be closer to home.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Wow, Deron wasn't even told until afterwards? This just reeks of desperation from both the Jazz (to get rid of DWill before he pulled a LeBron/Melo), and the Nets (to keep up with the Knicks).

I could definitely see Deron forcing the Nets to re-trade him, though, if that's allowed. He's already bitching about this deal, and again, he has three set teams he wants to go to. I don't really see the Knicks getting involved if that happens (no good assets left to trade), but the Clippers could make a strong pitch. Williams apparently lives in San Diego during the offseason and wants to be closer to home.

I get that you love the Clippers. We ALL get that you love the Clippers. However, you don't need to bring them into every goddamn conversation.

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Except they're actually relevant to this conversation.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/2011/02/12/2011-02-12_orlando_magics_coach_stan_van_gundy_could_go_the_way_of_jerry_sloan_if_dwight_ho.html

Just as the Jazz was starting to worry about Williams, who is said to be looking at Dallas, the Clippers or Knicks in 2012. Williams had reached the point with Sloan in the past several weeks where he asked to be traded, according to sources.

I wouldn't have even brought LA up as a potential destination if they hadn't been reported as one.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Except they're actually relevant to this conversation.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/2011/02/12/2011-02-12_orlando_magics_coach_stan_van_gundy_could_go_the_way_of_jerry_sloan_if_dwight_ho.html

Just as the Jazz was starting to worry about Williams, who is said to be looking at Dallas, the Clippers or Knicks in 2012. Williams had reached the point with Sloan in the past several weeks where he asked to be traded, according to sources.

I wouldn't have even brought LA up as a potential destination if they hadn't been reported as one.

Okay, you got me on that one, but still, the point remains. You'll continue to prove the statement.

In other news...

I usually can't stand Rick Reilly but he raises a valid point here - the NBA may find itself in deep :censored: fanbase-wise if all the league's superstars keep teaming up in select cities.

I'd like to see a franchise tag to keep this crap from continuing.

I agree. I would also like to see a revenue-sharing system or hard cap to make players pick between big pay and competitiveness come this fall (or later, if need be). For once, I think that I agree with David Stern and the owners on this.

Insert Signature Here?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Archived