2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh I get it.

Everytime the media or fans make fun of the Heat, They respond like nothing happens and they go off beating the crap out of the best team in the NBA. Please have another collapse around mid May.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

The Heat suddenly beat the Lakers & Spurs. Hey Stern just come out a say the NBA is rigged. You will be better for it and then you can retire in disgrace. ^_^

I've toyed with the idea that the NBA is rigged. I guess it's very possible. But then, couldn't you make that claim for any type of competition that's occurred in the history of mankind, and every competition that will ever occur? Why stop at the NBA? That's why I don't buy into the "rigged" hype - it makes it impossible to enjoy any sport.

I'm not that shocked at all that the Heat beat the Lakers and Spurs - they are all elite teams and it would be more surprising if they didn't take turns beating each other.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

The Heat suddenly beat the Lakers & Spurs. Hey Stern just come out a say the NBA is rigged. You will be better for it and then you can retire in disgrace. ^_^

Retracted. I missed the joke. What can I say? It was late and I was on painkillers. B)

BB52Big.jpg

If the NBA were rigged, the Knicks would have won more than zero championships in the last 40 years.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Do people have here have a sense a humor. Just asking. ^_^

Yeah, I'm kinda surprised y'all missed the obvious sarcasm in his post. You had the smiley and everything, and it still went like "wooosh" over the heads. Shock & awe. :lol:

Yeah, I'm kinda surprised y'all missed the obvious sarcasm in his post. You had the smiley and everything, and it still went like "wooosh" over the heads. Shock & awe. :lol:

Sure did. Oh well, it's not the first time I've looked like an idiot around here and I'm sure it won't be the last. We all have our specialties. That's mine. :D

Nice second half by the Lakers tonight.

BB52Big.jpg

Yeah, and I still don't "get" it. What's so funny about suggesting the NBA is rigged? A lot of people think that, it's not such an outlandish claim. And if you notice, a lot of people here pointlessly put smileys after every damn thing they post, even if they aren't funny or being sarcastic.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

But then, couldn't you make that claim for any type of competition that's occurred in the history of mankind, and every competition that will ever occur?

Not really. Other sports don't have people like Tim Donaghy and series like the 2002 Western Conference Finals in their recent history. Super Bowl XL is the closest any other major league has come to the way the NBA does business.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

But then, couldn't you make that claim for any type of competition that's occurred in the history of mankind, and every competition that will ever occur?

Not really. Other sports don't have people like Tim Donaghy and series like the 2002 Western Conference Finals in their recent history. Super Bowl XL is the closest any other major league has come to the way the NBA does business.

Every sport, every sport, has questionable calls in big games. Especially sports like basketball that are quick and move on from incidents quickly. And I think people give Donaghy too much credence. Neither of those are significant evidence that the NBA is rigged, or has ever been.

If the NBA were rigged, why have there not been significantly more game 7s. Not just in the finals, but across the playoffs? How come the Detroit Pistons have ever won the championship, given there championship teams were hardly the sort the NBA loves? I could go on.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

As much as I wanted him gone in that proposed Carmelo trade earlier this season, if the Lakers can get the Andrew Bynum that showed up last night to show up every night (and healthy), the Lakers are going to win their 3rd straight title.

Hell, if Bynum can stay healthy and bring that game, I might drop my dream of Dwight Howard in purple and gold in 2012 (considering how silly Bynum made him look last night).

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I might drop my dream of Dwight Howard in purple and gold in 2012

Dwight Howard will be playing in LA in 2012, but he'll be wearing red, white, and blue while doing it. :P

In all seriousness, the Lakers don't need Dwight Howard anyway, especially considering how their last attempt at a superteam went.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I don't know any other times an active oficial sues an AP writer.

Archived