2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Atlanta continuing to bolster its reputation as a safe haven for the road team. Sounds like MSG in Philips Arena right now. Not even a surprise. <_<

Just wait until Tuesday....

When half of those people who found any sort of orange & blue in the back of their closet will once again rummage through their closet for whatever purple & gold articles of clothing they have.

-_-

That was one of the loudest crowds pro-Lakers on the road I've ever seen. I can remember the last 3 years there in Atlanta how loud it was for the home team, not the Lakers.

P.S. Lakers are looking very good. The Hawks made a push to make it 90-82, then it was all Lakers from there. And that last shot by Hinrich was very un-classy. Game is already won and I'd only expect a young player to do that, not a veteran.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Miami collapsed again in the 4th. Does anyone seriously think they'll beat the Lakers Thursday? Honest question. They play no D and they rely too much on Wade/LeBron to carry them.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Miami collapsed again in the 4th. Does anyone seriously think they'll beat the Lakers Thursday? Honest question. They play no D and they rely too much on Wade/LeBron to carry them.

It's not as out of the question as it seems right now. The Heat have to snap out of this at some point. This is one of those "trap" games where everyone who knows anything thinks the Lakers will win. It's just got one of "those" games written all over it. The game where nothing goes the way it looks like it should. I just have a feeling the Heat are going use the Lakers to pull out of the tailspin they're in.

Then again, Kobe and the Lakers may decide to make an example of the Heat. The Lakers seem to be in "just in case you forgot, we're still the champions" mode so they might go into Miami loaded for bear.

One more thing about the Heat... Maybe someone with more NBA knowledge can articulate this better than I'm about to but... When I watch the Heat it looks like there are three different teams out there at the same time. For a while they play "LeBron" style, then they'll shift to "Wade" style, then they go to "Five guys with no idea" for a while. The real problem is that they seem to switch between these styles every couple possessions. It's like they have no idea of what they're supposed to be so they constantly experiment or something.

BB52Big.jpg

Lakers-Heat isn't a trap game, though, really. Lakers-Warriors is a trap game. We're having a terrific time bashing the Heat for sucking and crying, but this is still a pretty significant game between probable 2/3 seeds.

As for their style changes, I wasn't able to break it down like you did, but I get the same feeling of inconsistency from them. I was just going to say they look like a bunch of people roped together who have to walk in the same direction or else they all fall down, and they've been falling down a lot.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Lakers-Heat isn't a trap game, though, really. Lakers-Warriors is a trap game. We're having a terrific time bashing the Heat for sucking and crying, but this is still a pretty significant game between probable 2/3 seeds.

As for their style changes, I wasn't able to break it down like you did, but I get the same feeling of inconsistency from them. I was just going to say they look like a bunch of people roped together who have to walk in the same direction or else they all fall down, and they've been falling down a lot.

Yeah, "trap game" was a poor choice of words. It's one of those games where everyone thinks the Lakers are going to pound the Heat and the Heat will end up winning by 12. Maybe I should have called it a misdirection game.

A bunch of people roped together trying to walk in the same direction is a pretty solid description.

BB52Big.jpg

I have to do something about the fact that the internet is eating my posts. Sometimes the browser freezes up and randomly publishes or deletes entire posts. I can't count the number of times I've posted simply "The" and had to go back and edit it into an actual complete thought.

Anyway, I guess we can add Portland to the list of teams that Miami isn't very adept at beating. They'll own the crap out of Washington and Charlotte, though!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived