NY Jets Logo + Uniform Concept

Phitin

jetslogo.png

jetshome.png

jetsroad.png

The Jets are on of those teams that have a great color scheme, but have a VERY bland logo. I think they are in desperate need of a re-brand, which is why I was interested in coming up with something for them. I kept the unique color set, and the basic layout of the jersey is pretty similar, but I tried to give it a modern touch. The script remains untouched, because I think it still works fine.

I did have some trouble thinking up a good logo, however. At first I wanted to just have a streaking jet that wrapped around the helmet a little bit like the Rams helmet. Then I realized that I could add a bit of New York flare to it by combining the Empire State building with a jet. I am fully aware that the Jets do not actually play in New York City, but the fact remains that they are still the New York Jets, and this is just a concept nonetheless. I am also fully anticipating that someone is going to post a certain type of negative comment about this logo concept, but I won't say what that is unless someone says it. Regardless, I like the way this turned out and would love some C&C on my first NFL design.

phitinsig.png

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't see the Empire State Building in the logo until I read the description. It was definitely one of those "When you see it..." moments, much like the Falcons' logo also being an "F." Very nice touch.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

I like what you did with the logo. It's unique and very well done. However, I'm not a fan of the uniform design. You basically took their current design, which is almost perfect, and complicated it with excessive striping...the double shoulder stripe just doesn't work for me. I would keep the current uniforms or make significant changes to them. And also, I don't really get the facemask either.

Ahh! I did not even realize until now that the facemask was red. I never changed it from the default template color because I'm colorblind and I've been seeing it as green this whole time. Upon closer look I can see the red now. Fix coming up shortly.

EDIT: Fixed the facemask issue..check the first post.

phitinsig.png

so I hope this isn't too weird cause it's your design and all, but I was curious what it would look like if the jet was on top of the helmet similar to this:cd-rk-wash59.gif

anyhow, I tried it out and added an ny to the side of it:

I had the same thought as I was reading through this post. I think it looks good, but would probably look better with just a green NY in that style (no oval) or using the original poster's wordmark.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

The Jet logo is pretty cool, but it looks kind of awkward just "hanging out" over the JETS wordmark. Either make the jet design itself (alone) the logo, or think of a more creative way to have the jet logo and the JETS wordmark interact.

Overall great job though, and creative too.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Would any team in New York seriously combine a Jet and a building in a logo???

Touche'

In other news Tulane is changing their name to the Brown Wave.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

The Jet logo is pretty cool, but it looks kind of awkward just "hanging out" over the JETS wordmark. Either make the jet design itself (alone) the logo, or think of a more creative way to have the jet logo and the JETS wordmark interact.

Overall great job though, and creative too.

Oh it's not actually hanging over the wordmark...they're supposed to be separate. Sorry for the confusion. The jet alone is the logo.

And yes, that 9/11 comment was the one I was waiting for. I honestly don't see the problem here, but I knew someone would eventually...

phitinsig.png

Archived