Ringette Survey

Babydoll

Have you ever seen or heard of a sport called Ringette  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there are some key rule changes from hockey, mainly

1/ the goalie can play with a trapper, or just a glove. it is legal for teh goalie to 'frisbee' the ring down the ice.

2/ NO sticks in the creace. once in the creace, only the golaie may touch the ring, no skaters from either team

3/ only 3 offensive players are allowed over the opposing team's blueline

4/ no body checking

5/ a SHOT CLOCK

(I'm pretty sure on those)

some other differences include Cooper-alls instead of hcokey pants, of course sticks with no blades, a ring instead of a puck, teh same penalties exist

in Ontario the sport is well participated in on the amatur level. It is much like hockey, but with the rule changes above, it's a much more strategy and skill oriented game apart from hockey. It's pretty cool, my father works as a Diretor at Ringette Ontario, setting up tournaments, maintaining the player and coaching database and such stuff. It's a really interesting sport to watch. if anyone has an oppertunity to see a game in your area, go and check it out

A sport almost like hockey, a hockey stick without a blade, a ring, and played by girls.

and just for the record, it's not entirely a girl's sport, there are some men's and mixed leagues out there. ^_^ (good luck finding them!)

Well it is mostly girls who play it, partly because when guys play it, it can be more violent than hockey...

At least it was the one time I played it...

...hey let's start a ringette fantasy league! :D:P:D

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I only know if it 'cause when we imported everything into this forum, one of the users we had to make an exception for had it in their username and I was like "What the hell is that?" so I looked it up. Never would have known if not for that.

That more than likely was me...I had one that said RingetteGirl or something, but i forget what the password was and I couldn't be bothered to get it fixed. The only reason most of you know about Ringette is if you're close with creamer...who is kinda my boyfriend, actually, he never saw a game until I came around.

I only know if it 'cause when we imported everything into this forum, one of the users we had to make an exception for had it in their username and I was like "What the hell is that?" so I looked it up.  Never would have known if not for that.

That more than likely was me...I had one that said RingetteGirl or something, but i forget what the password was and I couldn't be bothered to get it fixed. The only reason most of you know about Ringette is if you're close with creamer...who is kinda my boyfriend, actually, he never saw a game until I came around.

That was it, I just didn't want to explicitly say so. And I echo Josh's comments with an additional :therock: and :huh:

The only reason most of you know about Ringette is if you're close with creamer...who is kinda my boyfriend, actually, he never saw a game until I came around.

kinda your boyfriend? Uh oh Chris.. there may be another dude :hockeysmiley:

Okay so I didn't want him to kill me for saying that I was :wacko: There's no one other than him, well, except for those four guys I adore, their names are...John, Paul, Ringo and George, yes, the Beatles B) I wouldn't cheat on Chris anyway:wub:...but i'm not going to go into HUGE detail about my feelings for him either, especially on a board covered with men :oops:

Definately a good idea.

With all these guys around here, you shouldn't go into what you feel for him. Now, what you do TO him, we might be interested in hearing.

:P

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I voted no.... Then read someone's description and lo and behold not only do I know the game but we used to play it in Gym (Physical Education) in Junior and Senior High all the time. Except of course it wasn't on ice and we called it "Broomstick Hockey.

In our version, we used a ring which was about 6-8" in diameter and was slightly padded (the outside had almost a T-shirt material feel to it). The sticks were rounded (like broomsticks) rather than rectangular shaped like hockey sticks.

I thin we played that more than floor hockey because it was a lot tougher to get off a real hard shot with the ring and you didn't have kids trying to take slapshots and lifting their sticks to the ceiling hitting others in the face.

It was always a lot of fun....

Archived