NFL logo redesign

exaccardi

I'm going to start a redesign of the NFL, since they seem to be redesigning. (ex. standardizing the SB logo, redesigning the NFC and AFC logos, etc.) If anyone wants to work on unis for this thread, let me know, but i'll be focusing mostly on logos, in no particular order.

Soccer.jpg?t=1301776720England.png?t=1301868161Germany-1.png?t=1301800713FCB.png?t=1303259982

I don't get it. Is this a redesign? It looks like the bills logo with a tiny strip of dark blue on the horn and the word 'Bills' in a different colour.

Just for reference, I reckon if you redesign a logo, it should be an entirely new mark. Here are some NFL concepts I have done in the past. Whilst they are inspired by the original logos, they share none of the original vector image.

skins%20helmet.png

DT%20VIKINGS%20(0.00.00.00).png

v2_revolution_helmet_3_by_rezland-d2zljuf.png

BILLS%20HELMET.png

I think you could be better served to start with a single concept and work it out before shooting for the entire league. Dont be intimidated by the great work in response to your post. He's just trying to give an example of redesign. Rome wasnt built in a day. I'd like to see what you have.

If you're going for something like that, I'd either go all out with the definition marks on the body of the buffalo, or just make it a solid silhouette. Definitely an upgrade, keep it up.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Isn't the red stripe showing speed and motion on the running/charging buffalo? Using it on a buffalo standing still seems a bit off.

I don't know...I thought maybe it symbolized something with the team or the area...if not, then that wouldn't be a good idea. My point though was that he could modernize the old logo if he wants to go for the standing buffalo look.

I think you could be better served to start with a single concept and work it out before shooting for the entire league. Dont be intimidated by the great work in response to your post. He's just trying to give an example of redesign. Rome wasnt built in a day. I'd like to see what you have.

Quoting grubstreet cause his post hit the mark. Slow down. I really like your second attempt at the buffalo - why can't their mark be an updated version of the red buffalo with the white, navy, roal and red colors. Stay there. Refine it a bit. Decide if, as Shawn said, it'll be a silhouette or more defined. I think if you work on refining one, what you learn there can help you with the other 31 teams down the road. Davidson posting a tutorial on rendering animals; you seem to be pretty good at it but maybe check his thread out here in the Concept for him, you may get a new perspective. See that first concept through to the end.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Keep it going. Keep working at it. Heck, I can't really render much of anything but I'll say that my concepts are a little better now than they used to be because I kept at it, and took the advice people gave me.

I don't think the Buffalo's done yet - you improved it but now the action streak doesn't work as much anymore. There's no law saying the streak has to be there, or that it couldn't be altered to match your now standing buffalo.

As for the jerseys, interesting idea. I don't mind the white-blue-navy, non-traditional as it is. But, for it to work, navy has to be tied into your home jersey more than as an ultra-thin outline on the numbers. If there are white accents on the jersey, why not some on the pants? Would the size of those front numbers look good on the field, or are they too big? Just some thoughts to keep you going.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

i think the uni has some good and unconventional ideas, but the logo, man im just not feelin it... it looks sad and upset and about to tip over. and teh falcns logo... first, a falcon is like SWOOP SCREAM IMA GETCHU TALONS FACE! and this is like...the northwest mountain ret tailed falcon looks on as it ponders when to teach its young to fly, tomorrow, or tonight? i say scrap the falcons logo and really reattempt the bills logo. i know a buffalo has all that hair near its head, but it just looks like... a blob.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Archived