GWS Team Identity Unveiled Today

Gregmond

Hi,

The new Aussie Rules team, based in Greater Western Sydney, is unveiling its identity package today.

http://teamgws.com.au/

It seems to have been a fairly well kept secret as I haven't heard any rumours yet, and I was wondering if the board here has heard anything.

The shortlist of names includes Giants, Cougars, Stallions, Rangers and Pride are the ones I am aware of.

Preferences?

Cheers,

Greg

Richmond.pngCanucks-1.png49ers-1.pngMariners-2.png

Thanks to Gobbi for the awesome buttons!

Preferences?

As a Bulldogs fan, I'll be fine as long as they don't use red, white and royal blue.

As a general AFL observer, I'll be fine as long as they call themselves the "West Sydney XXXXXXXs". If they just use Sydney instead, it'll be a mouthful to say "Sydney Swans" each time. :wacko:

Preferences?

As a Bulldogs fan, I'll be fine as long as they don't use red, white and royal blue.

As a general AFL observer, I'll be fine as long as they call themselves the "West Sydney XXXXXXXs". If they just use Sydney instead, it'll be a mouthful to say "Sydney Swans" each time. :wacko:

I think the AFL will be very deliberate in calling this team West Sydney, or Western Sydney as there is an entire region that they're trying to capture with this new club. I would be very surprised if they went for a more specifica location, such as Sydney or Bankstown.

Richmond.pngCanucks-1.png49ers-1.pngMariners-2.png

Thanks to Gobbi for the awesome buttons!

According to certain media outlets the team will be called:

GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY GIANTS

The colours will be Charcoal, Orange and White

and the guernseys will look like this:

GWS-giants_420-420x0.jpg

new-gws-shirt-preview.jpg

--------------------------------

For me poor choices all around, the colours are ok (if done right, which they are not) but dropping the "Greater" and having the team called the Wolves and a two blue scheme would be much better than what they will have if the above is correct.

I like those jerseys Craegus jeez you have some talent mate.

I like the Two Blues idea.

They're not my designs/photoshops, these were posted on other websites. I personally would never create something that looks like that (even if it is only a recreation).

I know you did't do them your designs and a hundred others on BF were much better.

I like the colours, can't really mix them up with anyone else.

Where is the ACT link in them jerseys?

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

I know you did't do them your designs and a hundred others on BF were much better.

I like the colours, can't really mix them up with anyone else.

Where is the ACT link in them jerseys?

Just about all the designs on BF were better than these.

I have heard that there will be a third guernsey that will only be used in the games played in the ACT, but that is just people on forums so take it as you will.

Launch has been and gone and of course their website has fallen over beautifully.

There will be a vote between those two jumper designs above to select the main jumper - both were worn at the launch tonight.

gettygws.jpg

Sky blue "will feature" in the away strip, which is yet to be be seen.

heh, so the AFL finally succumbs to the power of orange (yes, for everybody who doesn't follow footy, the VFL/AFL has never had a team adopt orange as a primary color). in any event, Giants is an okay name choice, if only because it's not Pride, though the G looks dumb due to bearing too much resemblance to a C.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I guess they had to go with a monosyllabic name like Giants as to minimise what was already a 6 syllable name, just go with West Sydney! The logo already looks outdated and the jumper on the right reminds me of this...

Brisbane-1.gif

...and a traffic cone.

sig.png

What will happen to the G if they change their name to West Sydney?

I doubt that will happen when the ACT government has invested $23 million over 10 years. I can't see them being called Western Sydney when playing in Canberra. They will be referred to as the Giants or GWS.

Archived