Re-Dressing The NCAA

dmhtfld

Im hoping to complete a huge project and do concept uniforms for ever single team in FBS.

1. Air Force

Home

Away

2. Akron

Home

Away

Alternate (White Out)

3. Alabama

Home

Away

4. Arizona

Home

Away

Alt

Away Alt

5. Arizona State

Home

Away

6. Akransas

Home

Away

7. Arkansas State

8. Army

Home

Away

Alternate (Special Event)

Heres the album for all the teams: http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o94/dmhtfld/NCAA/

Very nice, I like both of these and can't wait to see the rest. The only thing I would say is TV numbers and maybe a gold alternate for Akron.

Tv numbers are pretty much pointless with the camera angles that tv uses now and are pretty much just there for looks so i dont think im going to add tv numbers to most teams. As for the gold Akron jersey, i tried it but it did not look to well.

Very nice, I like both of these and can't wait to see the rest. The only thing I would say is TV numbers and maybe a gold alternate for Akron.

Tv numbers are pretty much pointless with the camera angles that tv uses now and are pretty much just there for looks so i dont think im going to add tv numbers to most teams. As for the gold Akron jersey, i tried it but it did not look to well.

True enough, but as someone whose dabbled in sports photography, I can tell you that TV numbers are still VERY helpful for identifying players in snapshots. I know these are just concepts and its your call either way... just something to think about.

NOT TRUE! As a commentator who deals with a lot of teams that don't have tv numbers, I can tell you that it's a nightmare when they don't. Those 4" numbers mean so much to commentators, who only get to see the front or back numbers when the player faces you, which is not often enough. Find two teams without those numbers, then go to the top of the stadium, and see how quickly you can identify players during the play. Honestly, they're absolutely necessary, and I love teams with helmet numbers because it helps we commentators out that much more.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

NOT TRUE! As a commentator who deals with a lot of teams that don't have tv numbers, I can tell you that it's a nightmare when they don't. Those 4" numbers mean so much to commentators, who only get to see the front or back numbers when the player faces you, which is not often enough. Find two teams without those numbers, then go to the top of the stadium, and see how quickly you can identify players during the play. Honestly, they're absolutely necessary, and I love teams with helmet numbers because it helps we commentators out that much more.

Exactly, I'm a broadcasting student with some experience and the TV numbers make a huge difference, which is why I suggested them.

Arizona and Alabama are also very nicely made.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

Dont most FBS schools have tvs showing the game in the booth for the comentators? If so then they wouldn't need tv numbers.

Can you post the logo that you used for the Air Force helmets?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Can you post the logo that you used for the Air Force helmets?

I actually forget where I found it but if I find it again i will post it on here for you.

Edit: actually here it is and I had to trace it to clean it up, http://gazetteafasports.freedomblogging.com/files/2010/09/Bolt-stars.jpg

If you're gonna do all FBS schools, please lord make the perspective on the numbers correct....I can't endure all teams... :cry:

I will try my best but its not something im to talented at doing.

If you're gonna do all FBS schools, please lord make the perspective on everything correct....I can't endure all teams... :cry:

Fixed your post lol

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

I like what you've done so far, but you might want to think about using a 1-D template. With the one you have it does look realistic and you get to see what the unis will look like on the players, but with the angle and harsh lighting it's kind of hard to see the design. And we don't get to see the back of the uniform. Just a suggestion.

You can get correct perspective in PS by simply using the free transform tool. Play around with it. Squaring up numbers and team names with the shoulders will make your concepts have a much more realistic effect, which makes it pop...

Thats what i have been doing. Here is the original pic for reference.

adidas_techfit_template_by_dmhtfld-d30n1lx.png

Archived