Jets only team NOT to wear a 'C' on jersey?

BenGrahamFan

Any on-field personnel can call a time-out. Only the head coach can call it from the sidelines.

Captains discussions with referees usually pertain to accepting or declining penalties, or explanations of certain calls. It's not as structured as hockey is, but the protocol still exists.

The uniform designation can't really be all that important, or the patches wouldn't be optional.

Are all starting quarterbacks captains? I don't think I've ever seen an NFL referee ask a running back, wide receiver, or offensive lineman if he wants to accept or decline a penalty.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I honestly didn't realize my Chiefs don't use the captain patch. I'm glad they don't. I agree with some others here that they shouldn't have to use the over-sized C patch with stars. I think we'd all agree that the patches would look better if designed to be a part of each uniform.

5660299338_f9de1a078e_z.jpg

5659732257_11a2c8d0d4_z.jpg

While the Cowboys do not currently wear the "C" on their jerseys, it appears they did wear them in 1983. I think this was the ONLY year, they certainly didn't wear them in 1982 or 1984 (that year they wore their 25th Anniversary patch instead).

1983:

dannywhite1983.jpgchucksolomon.jpg

1984:

cowboys84.jpg

May God bless you all and fill your hearts with faith, hope, and love!

Archived