Jets only team NOT to wear a 'C' on jersey?

BenGrahamFan

I noticed the Jets don't wear the 'C' patch on their uniforms. I'm pretty sure they did last year, but I could be wrong. I know for a fact that definitely wore them in 08 and before. Anyone know if their the only team? Everyone else seems to have it...

The Patriots have never worn them either.

patriotssignature.png

I noticed the Jets don't wear the 'C' patch on their uniforms. I'm pretty sure they did last year, but I could be wrong. I know for a fact that definitely wore them in 08 and before. Anyone know if their the only team? Everyone else seems to have it...

Oh okay, I guess you really don't notice unless it's your team.

Oh okay, I guess you really don't notice unless it's your team.

Patriots, Cowboys, Falcons, Jets, Eagles, Chiefs, Radiers, Steelers don't wear them. There might be others, but those I'm fairly certain of.

Packers don't either.

They do in the playoffs (to my dismay). Reason for that is they elect captains on a game-by-game basis during the regular season, making the weekly addition and removal of those stupid "C" patches a big job.

However, the Packers select a single set of captains for the entire post-season, so out come the patches after Week 17.

Actually it's for the clueless coaches and players who can't figure out who goes out there to for the coin flip. I mean does it really matter? It's just a ceremonial thing. If you're going to have Captains, then make them responsible for such things as only captains can call a time out, and you can only have 1 on offense and 1 on defense.

Is the patch a league thing or a Reebok thing?

It's an NFL thing. And each star gets filled in the for the number of years they've been a captain. That is, for the guys on teams that bother to wear it, etc.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

Do any of the "captain"-only duties actually get enforced anymore? I always see the referees talking to the coaches regarding penalties, and now the coaches can call timeout. Actually, can't anyone call timeout now? I've seen holders, who (at least when they're the backup QB) are certainly not special teams captains call timeout when there's too few or too many men on the XP or FG unit.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Any on-field personnel can call a time-out. Only the head coach can call it from the sidelines.

Captains discussions with referees usually pertain to accepting or declining penalties, or explanations of certain calls. It's not as structured as hockey is, but the protocol still exists.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The Jets used to wear the "C" patch (just look at any Jet Favre pic), but am glad they did away with it (Favre also). The Jets' jersey is already too cluttered to begin with -- with crowded stripes and the team's logo patch on their left shoulder. I kinda with they'd do away with that patch as well.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived