Sugar Land Skeeters

Ez Street

Whenever I see the claim "[insert team name here] are the only professional sports team to have these team colors", I usually double-check.

I'm the exact same way when it comes to most absolute claims made by sports teams about their identity packages.

A classic example was when the Altoona Curve recently claimed, "It's believed the Curve is the first and only professional sports franchise in the commonwealth to use the keystone as part of its primary logo."

Really? I mean, even a cursory check of past and present Pennsylvania-based pro sports franchises would turn-up teams bearing the Pennsylvania Stoners name. If you focused solely on researching their logo histories - you know, because the name "Stoners" is likely shorthand for "Keystoners" - you'd uncover the logos of the American Soccer League's Pennsylvania Stoners, replete with keystone-shaped panels on a soccer ball.

Oh, well... end of rant.

As for the Sugar Land Skeeters' identity, I love it. A return to form for Plan B after what I considered to be a couple of less-than-stellar outings.

A classic example was when the Altoona Curve recently claimed, "It's believed the Curve is the first and only professional sports franchise in the commonwealth to use the keystone as part of its primary logo."

Which is another Plan B rebranding. Considering how much work they do, maybe all these claims are coming from Plan B :grin:

From Wiki:

The city's (New Britain) official nickname is the "Hardware City" because of its history as a manufacturing center and as the headquarters of Stanley Works.

Take it for what you will. I knew Stanley's headquarters was there.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Well, I was all set to complain about the "phony" location; all set to compare it to the short-lived "Hardware City Rock Cats", a name once used by the New Britain team in the AA Eastern League.

But then I learned that the city's name is actually Sugar Land! Well, shut mah mouth!

To be fair, the place is full of phonies. Almost all the Enron executives lived there. Basically well-to-do people fleeing Houston's taxes.

Damn all that...what are the Utah Grizzlies, Idaho Steelheads, Las Vegas Wranglers, Stockton Thunder, Victoria Salmon Kings, Bakersfield Condors and Alaska Aces doing in the EAST COAST Hockey League??

There is no such league, and hasn't been since the merger. It's simply known as the ECHL now.

Of course, the Toronto Blue Jays are in the American League.

Archived