Bohob's NCAA Football Concepts

bohob

13. Virginia Tech Hokies

For Virginia Tech I wanted to go in a modern direction. I also wanted that modern direction to highlight the Tech aspect of VT. For the logo, I used a segmented gradiation to split the V and T. That gradiation is carried throughout the typography and uniforms. The alternate jerseys incorporate a cardinal red to act as a two-tone effect against the burgundy. I tried white and burgundy, but it was too harsh against the orange jerseys. C&C please.

hokies_id.jpg

hokies_fb_home.jpg

hokies_fb_away.jpg

hokies_fb_alt.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two suggestions: it would work better with their normal number style and add an orange helmet. I absolutely loved the Orange Bowl helmet and I think it'd work here.

Overall, though, it's a great concept. I hated that shoulder style on their black Pro Combats but it works here, and I've always thought that gradient numbers looked cool.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

nvm

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

11. Tennessee Volunteers

I kept the primary logo and redesigned the wordmarks from the proportions of the T. With the uniforms, I am trying out a new template. As for the design itself, I always loved the Vols' endzones, so I worked them into the striping. I also added sublimated checkers to the front and back numbers of the home and away sets. There are two fauxbacks in this set, since I didn't have the heart to make a BFBS jersey. The first is based primarily on the 1947 team, while the second is the adaptation of the 1971 throwbacks the team wore in 2004. Hopefully I will get some C&C and not spend another month away from the boards.

vols_id.jpg

vols_fb_home.jpg

vols_fb_away.jpg

vols_fb_alt.jpg

Nice work! I really like the first uniform posted. They would look great with black socks.

14. Cincinnati Bearcats

I don't usually take requests, but I was inspired by the Bearcats suggestion. I wanted to make Cincinnati stand out from the other black and red teams in college football, so I added charcoal grey to their color palette. While it does not appear on the logo set, the charcoal grey does appear quite a bit on the uniforms, creating a two-tone effect with the black. On the logo set, I added slash marks to that also appear on the uniforms. The slashes on the uniforms appear on the side panels and the pants, and both sets taper toward the back. I have two helmet options: charcoal and white. C&C please.

bearcats_id.jpg

bearcats_fb_home.jpg

bearcats_fb_away.jpg

bearcats_fb_alt.jpg

I'm often hard to impress as a fan of the Bearcats and Bengals, two of what I feel are the hardest teams to do concepts for.

But this really works. The stripes are simple, yet effective. And the charcoal gray is a nice touch, though I still think the concept could work with the use of black and red only, if reworked a little.

• 2 weeks later...

15. Purdue Boilermakers

With Purdue, I wanted to keep some of their tradition, but I also wanted to add signature elements where I could. The P is only mildly tweaked. I altered the shape of the right side better match the left side. The train logo is also tweaked, as I removed the PURDUE wordmark and replaced it with a train grill. The wordmark is developed from the proportions of the P logo, with the top version featuring added gray lines and extended U to make a train shape. The uniforms continue with the two-stripe scheme the school currently employs, but the numbers now have added subtle grey outlines and the front and back numbers feature rivets. I have added options for a blackout set, a white pants road set, and gold alternate jerseys. To top it off, I've created a fauxback that relies more on simplicity and features numbered helmets and simple one-color typography. C&C please.

boilermakers_id.jpg

boilermakers_fb_home.jpg

boilermakers_fb_away.jpg

boilermakers_fb_alt.jpg

I love Tennessee's, especially that wordmark. The checkerboard pattern serves as a great stripe design!

I usually am not a fan of "added" colors, but I like the charcoal gray with Cincinnati. The design is very nice and you've utilized the slash marks well throughout the uniform.

Though I'm still very partial to the Brees-era uniforms, I still really like what you've done with Purdue. The riveted numbers are a great touch, the new wordmark is fantastic, and everything balances out well throughout the entire set.

Great work, all in all!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Pretty slick job there on those Boilers (of whom I now have a closer vantage point, by the way). The revised train looks better with that grill rather than the split wordmark that's currently in there. I'm thinking those rivets might be a touch too big, but I love the idea of them. Also, the thin double-stripe detail is genius...it translates well across all the uniforms. So, as a not-so-secret huge Purdue fan, this one gets an official thumbs up from me.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

16. Wyoming Cowboys

A while back, I did a Texans jersey that was based on Western style shirts. This concept refines that idea. I also used the numbers from my Texas Rangers design. I updated the type for the Cowboys as well. For some reason, I am getting two browns. I will have to check on that. C&C please.

wyocowboys_id.jpg

wyocowboys_fb_home.jpg

wyocowboys_fb_away.jpg

wyocowboys_fb_alt.jpg

Really love your UW concept. I am happy you gave them a wordmark. It drives me crazy that right now we don't have a word mark logo. I also really would like to see the yellow helmet. I would not mind seeing this on the field at all. Especially over the atrocity that is the "Missouri" template. Good job, I don't see too many Wyoming concepts on here, but I really love when I do. (**) (**) (**) (**) (**)

For Cincinnati, I think the gray would work better as an alternate jersey and not as the primary and I would make that red or black. Really like Purdue and I really, really like Wyoming.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

Archived