Bohob's NCAA Football Concepts

bohob

10. Tulane Green Wave

I redeveloped the logo set and typography. The uniforms are probably as close as I will ever get to a Pro Combat style. But hey, Tulane is a pretty small school and needs all the attention it can get. The helmets come in silver and green and the pants come in silver and white. The fauxback is based on Tulane's history. The type is not italicized, giving the jersey, which is pretty stark, a less modern feel. The overall idea is similar to Michigan State's alternates. They combined modern and old-school elements.

greenwave_id.jpg

greenwave_fb_home.jpg

greenwave_fb_away.jpg

greenwave_fb_alt.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

11. Tennessee Volunteers

I kept the primary logo and redesigned the wordmarks from the proportions of the T. With the uniforms, I am trying out a new template. As for the design itself, I always loved the Vols' endzones, so I worked them into the striping. I also added sublimated checkers to the front and back numbers of the home and away sets. There are two fauxbacks in this set, since I didn't have the heart to make a BFBS jersey. The first is based primarily on the 1947 team, while the second is the adaptation of the 1971 throwbacks the team wore in 2004. Hopefully I will get some C&C and not spend another month away from the boards.

vols_id.jpg

vols_fb_home.jpg

vols_fb_away.jpg

vols_fb_alt.jpg

9. Arizona State Sun Devils

For Arizona State, I kept Sparky, but redesigned all of the typography, working in a pitchfork in certain marks and a sun in others. The uniforms are fairly straightforward, focusing on a single stripe theme. The fauxback alternate is inspired by one of ASU's old helmets and the Packers throwbacks.

sundevils_id.jpg

sundevils_fb_home.jpg

sundevils_fb_away.jpg

sundevils_fb_alt.jpg

Wow. That maroon alt is awe striking. And that yellow over maroon is beautiful.

25yzwqg.png

Arizona: Solid job, the two color striping looks good, and I like the wildcat logo on the pants. I also really like the Arizona/mountains logo.

Arizona State: I'm not a huge fan of the State logo on the front of the unis...I think the "Sun Devils" script you have would look better. Other than that I really like these, especially the pants stripe leading to the ASU/sun logo. And I REALLY like the fauxbacks.

Tulane: I really like the sublimated wave pattern on the sleeves and numbers, but I'm not a fan of the silver. It's too light, and feel like it doesn't stand out enough from the white. Also, the top of the logo reminds me of toothpaste ^_^

Tennessee: I like the checkered striping, and that Vols script is really, really sweet. I would try and work it into the uniforms somehow.

I like all of them, with the exception of Maryland. The white Terps helmet looks awesome, but the rest of the helmets look terrible compared to the white one, so I would stick with just the white. Also, the yellow numbers on the black uniforms look awful in my opinion. The biggest issue I have with most of these is that there are just too many helmets. I think identities work better with just one helmet, seeing as how helmets are arguably the most important aspect of a football identity. Another thing I'm not liking is the toothpaste T in the Tulane set. My favorite part of this series is what you are doing with the number fonts. Block numbers do get old after a while, and you have chosen different number fonts for every team in this thread, nice job with that.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Just saw this for the first time, I like most of them. Don't really like Miami, just something about it isn't working for me. I like Arizona a lot, love how you used a "Tucson" font for a university in Tucson. Arizona State's revamped identity is really cool, love the alt AS interlocking-in-sun logo. Tulane's logo set I'm not feeling too much, and the W is WAY to fat in the Green Wave wordmark. Love the sleeve design though, and needs TV numbers. Tennessee I'm totally digging

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

12. Auburn Tigers

For the Tigers, I updated the logo, adding a serif to the top of the A. I also created new wordmarks that are based on the proportions of the A. For the uniforms, I didn't do anything to crazy. I just standardized their stripes, with tiger stripes. I added an option for navy pants adn an orange jersey. For the fauxback, I combined a two different throwbacks (The small front number is the item from one of them) into a uniform. One thing I wanted to do after seeing the Packers throwbacks was to use a unified shade of tan/brown on the helmet and pants. C&C please.

aubtigers_id.jpg

aubtigers_fb_home.jpg

aubtigers_fb_away.jpg

aubtigers_fb_alt.jpg

auburn looks alright. I really love that tiger stripe alternate logo!

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

Not a fan of Auburn personally. The identity now looks less like Auburn by dropping the full striping on the helmet and pants. The logo is a downgrade as it is now too squished horizontally and the serif makes the top part too clustered as it is directly in line with the two serifs of the U. Compare it to the current AU logo, and it's no contest.

auburn-logo-au.jpg

I say this from a legibility perspective. There is more space to intertwine the letters in the current format and the logo is a balanced shape. The update loses both of those in your design.

I also get vibes of Notre Dame with the throwback. At the same time, I can't even recall the last time Auburn has worn anything other than white pants. An addition of blue or maybe orange pants seems reasonable, but I can't understand the addition of the color brown. Creating a "faux"back uniform with colors and striping that hasn't been used before seems silly and quite forced, in my opinion.

I've been a fan of some of your other concepts, particularly the Arizona one, but I'd go back to the drawing board here.

Well, the brown comes from further back than most of us have been alive, as seen in this image.

http://images.footballfanatics.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=/productImages/_282000%2FFF_282026_xl.jpg&w=400

As for the logo, I think either one works. The current logo is pretty tight as well. And for the pants, I didn't drop anything; the current pant stripes don't match the rest of the uniform, so I had to make a decision when I made them consistent. I could either keep the blue next to the orange, or flip the navy and white so it looks like the current away jersey striping. Because of the tiger stripes, I chose the former. But thanks for the feedback, although I don't necessarily agree with most of it.

Ok gotcha. I stand corrected on the brown. I grew up an Auburn fan all my life and thought I was quite versed on my history! I suppose it is more shocking to see Auburn in such a neutral and different color than the standard orange and blue. However I will say this about the logo: To me it seems like you've taken something and tweaked it in such a minor way, that it doesn't come across as what Auburn represents. I attend Georgia now, and I feel like this change would be like telling UGA fans that the Georgia G is now going to be shaped in a perfect circle. It's something that's not an entirely radical change, but is so different from the decades of history we as fans have come accustomed to that it cheapens the update. It doesn't come across as a great update so much as just a change to say you actually changed it. More like a lateral move that is neither better or worse, but because of decades of history, the fans wouldn't like it. Hope that helps to clarify my reasoning. B)

Can't really say I'm feeling the Auburn set. That said, I do appreciate that you attempted to step out of the box and do something unique. Props for that.

The monogram logo looks a bit off to me--I see what you were going for, but the placement of both isn't really working. I do like the idea you had for the tiger stripes on the uniforms--but you might want to look at increasing the size of those tiger stripes...as is, it comes off as more of a brushed metal than tiger stripes. I've long been curious as to how Auburn would look with optional navy pants, thinking they could actually make that work--after seeing the visual, Auburn can definitely make that work. That t/b set, if Auburn did in fact used to wear something similar, is money. I could definitely see some SEC school rolling out something like that, as tradition-rich as that conference is.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived