UGA Pro Combat?

aawagner011

Hey guys, just found this pic which as far as I can recall, has not been posted here. It's an image of what appears to be a UGA Pro Combat set. Rumor going around is that we will debut them for the Boise State opener next year at the Georgia Dome. I think they look OK, except that the helmet is awful. Gray with a thick red stripe that continues to the facemask looks awful. If they have to do the colored sleeves, they should have been black, IMO. Thoughts? FYI I can't confirm entirely that this is legit, I found it on the Falcons message board, but it looks more real than the usual photoshops and appears on printed material, instead of a computer image.

uganikecombathome.jpg

How can you confirm? Do you have any other pics or information? It appears there is a subtle pattern in the numbers, but can't quite tell. And when I said the helmet looks awful, I meant in the sense that it looks nothing like a Georgia helmet. Do you know if the pants still maintain the iconic triple pants stripe? Is the G still on the sides of the helmet? Curious to find out!

Edit to TopCat- sorry I thought you said you could confirm. Whoops.

I'm curious to find out more info on this as well, and what other teams are participating next year.

The helmet is...rather odd, but the rest of the uniform I really like. I think they should have made the sleeves black and the numbers silver though, then it would have been fantastic.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Hey guys, just found this pic which as far as I can recall, has not been posted here. It's an image of what appears to be a UGA Pro Combat set. Rumor going around is that we will debut them for the Boise State opener next year at the Georgia Dome. I think they look OK, except that the helmet is awful. Gray with a thick red stripe that continues to the facemask looks awful. If they have to do the colored sleeves, they should have been black, IMO. Thoughts? FYI I can't confirm entirely that this is legit, I found it on the Falcons message board, but it looks more real than the usual photoshops and appears on printed material, instead of a computer image.

uganikecombathome.jpg

possible, but why would nike just photoshop one of it's pictures from this season

nike-pro-combat-uniforms-florida-226x300.jpg

I know TCU will be getting another special uniform next season, and I imagine it will be as part of the rivalry program again.

^^That template has always been used for pro combat. The model pictures have been the same each year, just photoshopped for the new teams, so it's something Nike would do.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

People..... if you've been paying attention you will realize that Nike has always used this image for its promo content. It was the original Florida State pose for 2009. It was then photoshopped for half of the 2010 models. Last year's Ohio State pose became the model for half of this year's models. The point here is that if they've done it 2 years in a row, why would there be anything shocking if they did it a third year? This is nothing new with the model's pose here people......

2009:

Nike-Pro-Combat-Uniforms2.jpg

2010:

Picture-14.png

FSU/Ohio State of 2009 are the basis for the 2010 models.... carry on. Back to the possible UGA PC set.

I can tell you that is fake. Someone printed it and held it to try to make it look realistic. I can't believe people keep falling for these. Almost all of these pro combat concepts floating around have been done by CCSLC board users.

Mark Richt already declared Georgia will not be wearing anything different than their regular home and away uniforms for a while. Does that make me sad? yes...

But that concept is garbage. That red stripe that just RUNS through everything like that? There is no way that would be done on a real uniform.

I only bring it up because we haven't seen it before. And all it takes for Richt to change his mind is for Nike to splash some cash at the program (where he could see it as an investment back into the program for recruiting). If I recall, Richt said that a while back, so who knows. We don't even know if Richt will be coaching this team next year (though I'd like to think so). As much as I hate the helmet, just the fact that it's so different and weird makes me think it is something Nike would actually do. At this point, it is very hard to say because we know that Nike photoshops their promo content instead of taking real images. However, the quality is on par for what they've done in the past, versus some crude photoshopping from amateur graphic designers.

It it me, or is the Georgia model's left bicep/tricep considerably smaller than in the other uniforms that use the same pose? The more and more I look at his left arm, the more awkward looking it gets. And the pants stripe looks like a poor, poor photoshop job. I'm leaning towards fake on this...I have a feeling someone printed out a picture, then took a picture of it, to make it look more legit.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

dosnt look like anything Nike has designed, at least in 2010. this years crop featured a ton of brand elements that were well executed and well thought out. like PITT's colors being "cold steel" and "fire" or Alabama's houdstooth texture. this Georgia concept features a bunch of aesthetic choices that are completely irrelevant and not very visually pleasing. theres no reason or meaning in anything they did there which goes completely against the 2010 Pro Combat creative brief.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

^^That template has always been used for pro combat. The model pictures have been the same each year, just photoshopped for the new teams, so it's something Nike would do.

I am not talking about a similar backgroun or stance. I am talking about the EXACT same stance. Nike DID NOT use the exact same one two years in a row and this is the EXACT one Nike used in 2010 (you know, just the kind of thing someone would use to photoshop). Nike isn't that lazy.

I am not talking about a similar backgroun or stance. I am talking about the EXACT same stance. Nike DID NOT use the exact same one two years in a row and this is the EXACT one Nike used in 2010 (you know, just the kind of thing someone would use to photoshop). Nike isn't that lazy.

Yes they are, look at the Ohio State one from 2009 then look at the TCU, Alabama, West Virginia, Boise State, Ohio State and Pitt from this year. They are all the same identical stance. Then look at the Florida State from 2009 and the other half from this year. They also are all the same identical stance.

Yes they are, look at the Ohio State one from 2009 then look at the TCU, Alabama, West Virginia, Boise State, Ohio State and Pitt from this year. They are all the same identical stance. Then look at the Florida State from 2009 and the other half from this year. They also are all the same identical stance.

Correct. The visuals for this years program were terrible, crappy Photoshop Jobs. Last year's marketing material looked pretty professional, but this year's looked like a freaking color by number book. Wrong logos, color outside the lines. Yeesh.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

You're right. May bad. They didn't even change the gloves on the FSU-pose 2010s.

Archived