Super Bowl XLV Logo Drops Cowboys Stadium?

sportsfan0518

I checked the NFL's official super bowl XLV page: http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/45 and the logo for Super Bowl XLV does not have Cowboys Stadium in the back. If you check most other Super Bowl XLV related websites or ads the logo does not have Cowboys Stadium also. Is this a sign that the NFL could drop the format? I would love to see a different logo every year and have the NFL drop the format.

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

The 'Regional' logo includes Cowboys Stadium and is supposed to be used on media specific to the Dallas/Fort Worth/North Texas market. The 'National' logo has no image of Cowboys Stadium and is supposed to be used for everything else. There is also a horizontal logo that looks a ton better than the regular logo that is supposed to be used when the logo's size and verticality would make it too small for the application. This logo has the Lombardi Trophy sitting along side the roman numerals.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

There is also a horizontal logo that looks a ton better than the regular logo that is supposed to be used when the logo's size and verticality would make it too small for the application. This logo has the Lombardi Trophy sitting along side the roman numerals.

There is? It isn't in the logo package the NFL distributed. There is a special version for smaller-sized embroidery applications that is less detailed (no NFL logo on trophy, etc.). However, in this version the trophy is still above the roman numerals. Now, if the logo you describe does exist, I imagine that it is better looking than the regular one.

I still cannot believe that the NFL claims to be switching to a "permanent" Super Bowl logo "system." Some of the past logos have been so spectacular and unique.

May God bless you all and fill your hearts with faith, hope, and love!

There is also a horizontal logo that looks a ton better than the regular logo that is supposed to be used when the logo's size and verticality would make it too small for the application. This logo has the Lombardi Trophy sitting along side the roman numerals.

There is? It isn't in the logo package the NFL distributed. There is a special version for smaller-sized embroidery applications that is less detailed (no NFL logo on trophy, etc.). However, in this version the trophy is still above the roman numerals. Now, if the logo you describe does exist, I imagine that it is better looking than the regular one.

I still cannot believe that the NFL claims to be switching to a "permanent" Super Bowl logo "system." Some of the past logos have been so spectacular and unique.

Ditto times infinity.

newsig.jpg

The style guide I've seen has it in there. Maybe they dropped it after the original release because too many people said, 'Hey! That one works so much better! Let's try and use it instead!' ^_^

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The style guide I've seen has it in there. Maybe they dropped it after the original release because too many people said, 'Hey! That one works so much better! Let's try and use it instead!' ^_^

Could be. I have the logo slick and files currently accessible on the NFL Media website.

A really good review of the NFL's logo system. Actually, I really, really like the new Postseason logos... with one glaring exception. The Super Bowl logo. Which by far will be the most prominent, most visible of the logos. I have a feeling (along with the author of the referenced blog post) that there is a really good chance the NFL will abandon this "logo system" concept for future Super Bowls.

A really good review of the NFL's logo system. Actually, I really, really like the new Postseason logos... with one glaring exception. The Super Bowl logo. Which by far will be the most prominent, most visible of the logos. I have a feeling (along with the author of the referenced blog post) that there is a really good chance the NFL will abandon this "logo system" concept for future Super Bowls.

You'll be disappointed to learn that soon after this was released, the NFL redid the playoff logos (at least the conf. championship ones) to be more like the Super Bowl logo. Look for the new ones this postseason.

You'll be disappointed to learn that soon after this was released, the NFL redid the playoff logos (at least the conf. championship ones) to be more like the Super Bowl logo. Look for the new ones this postseason.

thanks for that heads up AH, ill have to do a follow up

:)

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

It would not surprise me to see the NFL go back to game-specific logos for the Super Bowl before too long...within a few years anyway, as it seems as even though the NFL is trying to make everything uniform, the NFL as a league has proven smart enough to adjust to things on the fly.

Non logo related...whatever happened to the mini Super Bowl-esque hyping of the conference championship games that started early last decade?? For example having celebrity halftime performers for each game?? That just kinda went away and I never heard anything else about it.

98Falcons.png

They should drop it entirely. That stadium is an eyesore and the less it's seen the better. In fact, the Super Bowl shouldn't be played there. It's an abomination.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived