Tebow logo concept

BrandMooreArt

Use this pic for reference. (from his website)

Screenshot2010-12-04at125756AM.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I think you're missing his perma-smile and his stubble. With that, I think this has a chance of being awesome.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

yeah, i cant see him there at all. hes quite a tricky guy to get down i think. i had a couple of quick attempts and neither attempt is particularly successful, but im sure if you got a better shot of him, and played about with it, you could get a better likeness. but i dont think you are going to get a resemblance from the incremental changes on this one.

tebow.png

you still make it look so easy Fraser :) my biggest weakness is illustrating eyes. i like what you've done here

Els, thanks for the reference photos. ive been using that 2nd one

DMH, i dont think i need to start from scratch, the way ive built it should allow me to tweak this thing much more but ill keep working on it.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Try adding a second layer of color like Davidson did. If you look at his b&w version, its not very recognizable either. The orange layer is particularly helpful in defining the nose and forehead (your problem areas now).

If you do add a second color, I'd think about switching up your background color layout as well. Maybe orange behind the TEBOW and in the white stripe below foundation, white behind the neck, and orange between the two blue strokes of the shield outline . . . Great start though, better than I can do, and I really like the layout and composition.

just cant see this working at the moment mate. just doesn't look anything like him. still feel wholesale change is needed.

what image ref are you using?

using 3 different ones, this one being the primary as it had close to the perspective i wanted. the others just reference for hair mostly

tim-tebow.jpg

i started free handed on paper and just tried to match his likeness by looking at the photo. maybe i should just trace a photo in AI and add another color like Stuckey says?

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived