Random NHL Concepts

Bmac

Now that my NHL 2012 series is pretty much over, I guess my NHL concepts are sort of random, they don't really fit in with a set. I love making these though, so I'm just going to post them in this thread. Feel free to leave comments.

Thrashers- Nothing too exciting, brought back the original logo, tried to balance the colors more than they currently do.

ThrashersAlternate.png

Flames- Modernized their throwback alternate.

FlamesAlternate.png

Blackhawks- This is similar to the home jersey from my series, but different. Beige replaces white.

BlackhawksAlternate.png

Blue Jackets- The Ohio state flag design is the inspiration for the striping. The cannon logo has been modified and used as the crest.

BlueJacketsAlternate.png

Penguins- Modernized their WC/throwback alternate.

PenguinsAlternate.png

Atlanta: Nothing increbibly special, but it's okay nonetheless.

Calgary: Nice touch on the flaming horse shoulder patch. Looks good without black. It reminds me of something I did with the Canucks JC logo a while back.

Chigago: A beauty. Although I don't know why everyone is so keen of decoloring the feathers. It might just be the best part of the Blackhawks current look.

Columbus: Nice jersey. The red cannon looks like it's flaming hot and something is going to explode out of it. ^_^

Pittsburgh: Your updated version of the Penguins classic logo is allright. Although I'm not crazy about the blue gloves on the penguin. I would of added some blue elsewhere in the logo, but that's just me.

Atlanta - The red needs to be sacrificed IMO. It doesn't work with the blues.

Calgary - No complaints

Chicago - Looks familiar... haha

Blackhawks2.png

Columbus - Pretty nice

Pittsburgh - Pens fans hate the blue, especially on that jersey. The blue gloves thing has been tried and tried and tried, and it never works. Fact of the matter is, Vegas Gold doesn't go with blue no matter how much you force it.

My NHL Rebrand Blog

Check it out and comment.

Blue Jackets- The Ohio state flag design is the inspiration for the striping. The cannon logo has been modified and used as the crest.

BlueJacketsAlternate.png

I think I'm in love :wub:

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Penguins- Modernized their WC/throwback alternate.

PenguinsAlternate.png

I know that all Pittsburgh teams are "required" to have a black/gold scheme, but you've regulated the gold to almost nonexistent. You could probably get rid of it completely and have a stronger jersey.

Here are a few more I put together.

Sabres- Combined elements of their current home and alternate jerseys.

SabresAlternate.png

Kings- Slightly modernized their throwback.

KingsAlternate.png

Canucks- Modernized version of their 40th Anniversary throwback.

CanucksAlternate.png

these are all superb!

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

BlueJacketsAlternate.png

I think I'm in love :wub:

Looks awesome! I love the idea for the striping! I think maybe you'd be able to go all the way and have the end of the flag symmetrically on the front side.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

Archived