2011 NFL Offseason Thread

Cujo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Asomuagh wanted too much apparently, but that's how free agency goes. Good luck to him with the Cowboys or the "mystery team", whoever remains in the running.

Now, can the Jets convince Cro that he is still wanted? (Probably not.)

6uXNWAo.png

ESPN says Eagles, but watch he will be in New England, Bill Belichick has gone back to dad, and said father can you make a deal with Nandi to send him to New England and throw in Chris Johnson too? His dad than rubbed his horns and laughed, you are the best spawn I ever made.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Last few updates on NFL Rumors on ESPN.

----------------------------------------------

UPDATE: It's Asomugha to the Eagles, per ESPN's Adam Schefter. Which leads to a question: could this mean Asante Samuel gets cut? We'll have more.

---

UPDATE: In a wild turn of events, multiple ESPN sources reporting that the Jets have dropped from the race for Asomugha. Much speculation, of course, that Dallas is the team to beat. But look out for a wildcard. The Niners? Green Bay? .... Oakland? Detroit? Philly?

---

UPDATE: As the Jets are clearing up cap space, the Cowboys are going the other direction, committing five years and $19 million to Marcus Spears, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter. Looking more and more like New York will get their guy.

-----------------------------------------------------------

So it's Philly huh? I was excited when Detroit was considered a wildcard.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

Latest rumor on ESPN:

-------------------------------------

While the Earth slowly begins to rotate again after it's brief break to digest the news of Nnamdi Asomughua's deal to land with the Eagles, we ask a question:

With DRC now in Philly via the Kevin Kolb trade, the Eagles have, for the moment, become the Jets of 2011, stacked in the secondary -- well, at least at cornerback. And for now. Bottom line: could the Eagles trade Asante Samuel?

If they don't, they have a remarkable trio of corners, but they also have a remarkable amount of cash stuffed into that collection. There's always the chance of some restructuring, but we're just asking the question.

-----------------------------------------

I'm really wishing the Lions get on this.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

So glad to see Asomugha sign with someone other than the Jets, and now that he's in Philly, it'd be nice to see Cincinnati trade for Asante Samuel. I've always been a fan of that guy.

I don't think that Samuel will be traded this season.

This year is the lowest salary and cap number which Samuel has under his current, six year contract. His base salary is $5.9M and a cap number of only $7M.

So glad to see Asomugha sign with someone other than the Jets, and now that he's in Philly, it'd be nice to see Cincinnati trade for Asante Samuel. I've always been a fan of that guy.

Cincy is in definite rebuilding mode. Doubt they trade picks for a high-priced vet at this point.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived