2011 NFL Offseason Thread

Cujo

Well that's just not true. Who else could possibly play center for them? Chris Williams? No chance. Maybe Marion Barber can get some time in the trenches

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Elway, Montana, Unitas, Marino, Young, Brady, Favre, Manning, Tarkenton and Aikman or Staubach. Either way, 1/10.

I would put Baugh over either, and there are several others I'd definitely consider.

Like Otto Graham perhaps?

===

Upon joining the Browns in 1946, he was switched to quarterback, where he would lead the team to the league championship game in each of his 10 seasons, winning on seven occasions.

===

Granted the first four seasons were in the All-American Football Conference, but from 1950 it was the NFL. Ten straight titles games, winning seven? Nobody else has come close and that might be at the top of my "records that will never be broken" list.

About Romo, it's not that he can't win the big game; he just hasn't yet, and until he does, that'll be the perception. Just like Steve Young.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

It would be funny if it weren't for the fact that two of the top 10 greatest QB's to play the game have been Cowboy QB's.

Aikman is borderline top ten. That's it.

Are you serious? Roger Staubach anyone? Does that ring a bell? And you my friend, clearly can't truly appreciated how good of a QB Aikman was. Most Accurate passer I've ever seen.

Top Ten QB's in no particular order:

Joe Montana, Johnny Unitas, Peyton Manning, Dan Marino, Roger Staubach, Troy Aikman, Terry Bradshaw, Brett Favre, John Elway, and probably Steve Young/Tom Brady.

EDIT: The dude I forgot was Otto Graham. BlueSky has it right.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Either way, we all agree that Rockstar Matt is delusional. :P

I'm not quite where you are yet, my friend :P

And Aikman was lucky to play with such a great team, but so was Irvin and Emmitt. You can't talk about one without talking about the other two. We wouldn't have won anything without any of those guys, plus we probably had the greatest O-line as ever seen. But, Troy... the dude could throw the ball.

But, Troy... the dude could throw the ball.

As could many other quarterbacks. He's not the only great quarterback of all time. Believe me, I can put my homerism aside and talk about how great Tom Brady and Brett Favre are even though I hate the Patriots and Packers. On the other hand, you can't stand the fact that someone dares to disagree with your assertion that Aikman is better than the others just because he wore a star on the side of his helmet. Look, dude, we've said that he's one of the top 15 but he's just not as great as Unitas or Manning or Brady.

We've already covered why you're wrong. You're a homer. Get over yourself.

Why the hostility my friend? I'm definitely a homer. No doubt about it, but I'm not ashamed and I'm the first to point out anything bad about my team.

So what's the problem? Not allowed to state an opinion because Kevin W. doesn't agree with it?

EDIT: And to your above post. I'm not saying he is the greatest, or any Cowboys' quarterback. I'm just saying he's one of the greatest. And look at my list again, I hate the Steelers, Patriots, and Steve Young, but I still put my homerism aside and included them.

Just to let you guys know I was named after Troy Aikman so that's where my adoration for him comes from, even though my dad liked Staubach better. He thought Roger was too bad of a name lol.

And what's up with the Bears signing everyone that the Cowboys released?

Well that's just not true. Who else could possibly play center for them? Chris Williams? No chance. Maybe Marion Barber can get some time in the trenches

Roberto Garza will probably play center unless they sign a true center. But I have to agree with the admiral about Kreutz. He was great a few years ago, but he's fading fast. The Bears really need to make some O-Line signings though. If I'm Cutler, I don't feel too safe with a rookie that got his whole summer taken away protecting my blind side.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Adam Schefter

Filed to ESPN: Plaxico Burress will sign with the N.Y. Jets. Confirmed. 1-year deal for $3,017,000, fully guaranteed. Plax is a Jet.

Michael Lombardi

Jets jump into the market and sign Plaxico Burress...it was them and the Steelers,..in the end NY won..

Bye Braylon :mad:

Better sign Cromartie.

Adam Schefter

Filed to ESPN: Plaxico Burress will sign with the N.Y. Jets. Confirmed. 1-year deal for $3,017,000, fully guaranteed. Plax is a Jet.

Ugh. Don't like it one bit. He wasn't running fly patterns in prison let's put it that way...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Adam Schefter

Ugh. Don't like it one bit. He wasn't running fly patterns in prison let's put it that way...

Better than Randy Moss...

Source: Jets roll out red carpet for Todd Heap; Rex Ryan picks up veteran TE at airport for visit to team facility Sunday

Now this is something I can get behind...

I also know he wants to play at home in Arizona.

Roberto Garza will probably play center unless they sign a true center. But I have to agree with the admiral about Kreutz. He was great a few years ago, but he's fading fast. The Bears really need to make some O-Line signings though. If I'm Cutler, I don't feel too safe with a rookie that got his whole summer taken away protecting my blind side.

Chris Williams has been taking snaps at center, and the coaches want to make him a center in the future...*sigh*

I don't know if Chris Williams was ever going to be any good, but whatever chance he had of playing a consistent position is quickly dwindling into nothing.

The Bears and Kreutz are only $500k apart, and the Bears are fine w/ cap room but this has got to be a "principle of the thing" type crap. If Kreutz indeed leaves, I'd rather them throw Linnenkohl right into the fire and see what he's made of.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Adam Schefter

I must have missed the part where Moss shot himself.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Adam Schefter

I must have missed the part where Moss shot himself.

I wasn't referring to off the field stuff. In my opinion, Burress is a better signing than Moss, who the Jets were rumored to be interested in.

Archived