2011 NFL Offseason Thread

Cujo

One last thing...

Lions sign LB Stephen Tulloch to one year deal. Any Titans fans wanna fill me in on him? I know we have at least 3 legit LBs now.

I know I'm not a Titans fan, but the Lions get a hell of a player in Tulloch. He lead the Titans last year in tackles and knows Schwartz very well.

Good, I knew he was a good player. He need some tackles and players from Tennessee play very well under Schwartz. Front 7 for the Lions looks good. A solid cornerback could really give this team a push.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those receivers are good and all... but where's the running game for Arizona? It doesn't seem like Arizona is too worried about the running game.

It's probably not a good idea to try running the ball in the NFC West this season.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

One last thing...

Lions sign LB Stephen Tulloch to one year deal. Any Titans fans wanna fill me in on him? I know we have at least 3 legit LBs now.

I know I'm not a Titans fan, but the Lions get a hell of a player in Tulloch. He lead the Titans last year in tackles and knows Schwartz very well.

Good, I knew he was a good player. He need some tackles and players from Tennessee play very well under Schwartz. Front 7 for the Lions looks good. A solid cornerback could really give this team a push.

Just keep in mind that "tackles" are the most arbitrary stat in football.

Those receivers are good and all... but where's the running game for Arizona? It doesn't seem like Arizona is too worried about the running game.

Beanie Wells will start, along with rookie Ryan Williams (2011 2nd round pick from VA Tech), and LaRod Stephens-Howling ("Hyphen") as the 3rd-down back. Tim Hightower was just traded to the Redskins.

I think my Cardinals will be OK in the running game...

Beanie Wells will start, along with rookie Ryan Williams (2011 2nd round pick from VA Tech), and LaRod Stephens-Howling ("Hyphen") as the 3rd-down back. Tim Hightower was just traded to the Redskins.

I think my Cardinals will be OK in the running game...

I didn't know Hightower was traded; I knew they had to make a move in the backfield.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Replacing Breaston with Edwards, solid upgrade. Fitzgerald, Edwards, Heap.. would be real good options for Kolb to throw to.

Those would be some nice tools for Kolb to work with, but Cards' running game is almost non-existant and their defense is in absoulte shambles. Still a work in progress.

6uXNWAo.png

Antonio Cromartie is insane to be listening to offers from Al Davis and the Raiders. When was the last time a free agent signing actually went well for Oakland? :lol:

Fixed.

Free agents do well when they get paid well. If Oakland offers more money than the Jets, and he signs with Oakland, he did well for himself.

Replacing Breaston with Edwards, solid upgrade. Fitzgerald, Edwards, Heap.. would be real good options for Kolb to throw to.

Those would be some nice tools for Kolb to work with, but Cards' running game is almost non-existant and their defense is in absoulte shambles. Still a work in progress.

Tap the brakes on Kolb. After four games as a starter, Andy Reid made AJ Feeley worth MIA's 2nd round pick.

Outside of a draft day trade, getting a veteran QB via trade does not really work. In the last two generations, only a handful have worked out and one of those was temporary:

Favre: ATL to GB

Young: TB to SF

Moon: HOU to MIN

Montana: SF to KC (very temporary)

What about Matt Schaub.

They never got to the playoffs prior to Matt Schaub and they have not been to the playoffs with him.

Before the new CBA, they were the team who practiced the least in pads, so they were soft then and will still be soft now.

Well, they are obviously a much improved team since Schaub has come over. He's light years better than David Carr. Texans are clearly a contender to win their division this season.

Tap the brakes on Kolb. After four games as a starter, Andy Reid made AJ Feeley worth MIA's 2nd round pick.

Outside of a draft day trade, getting a veteran QB via trade does not really work. In the last two generations, only a handful have worked out and one of those was temporary:

There's been a few more then that I'd say.

Bledsoe to the Bills I'd say was a success.

Trent Green to the Chiefs. Matt Hasselbeck to Seattle. Mark Brunell to the Jags. Jake Plummer to the Broncos.

Whether or not Kevin Kolb will be any good with Arizona remains to be seen, but I wouldn't completely poo poo the deal just because it was a trade. What Kevin Kolb can do is totally unknown. He got hurt in week one and was never heard from again.

Trent Green to the Chiefs. Matt Hasselbeck to Seattle. Mark Brunell to the Jags. Jake Plummer to the Broncos.

Whether or not Kevin Kolb will be any good with Arizona remains to be seen, but I wouldn't completely poo poo the deal just because it was a trade. What Kevin Kolb can do is totally unknown. He got hurt in week one and was never heard from again.

Actually he started a few games and played very well later on when Vick went down. Had a couple >100 QB ratings and was the NFC offensive player of the week once.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Bledsoe did not make the playoffs. Thus gave them middle to late first round picks.

Green, Brunell, and Plummer while made the playoffs with their new team, did not make the Super Bowl. The expectation was a Super Bowl, hence a failure.

A team should not do a trade to make the playoffs, they trade since they think they are a step away from the Super Bowl and winning it.

Bledsoe did not make the playoffs. Thus gave them middle to late first round picks.

Green, Brunell, and Plummer while made the playoffs with their new team, did not make the Super Bowl. The expectation was a Super Bowl, hence a failure.

A team should not do a trade to make the playoffs, they trade since they think they are a step away from the Super Bowl and winning it.

Warren Moon didn't make the Super Bowl either, only played two and a half years for the Vikings and you cited him as a success.

I bring up a bunch of other players and you site them as failures because they didn't win a Super Bowl.

I think starting to contradict yourself here.

Archived